I have a 2007 Enthusiast Roadster, with these wheels:

Lug nuts for factory forged wheels-24utqlul.jpg

With these lug nuts:

Lug nuts for factory forged wheels-rkwhtsgl.jpg

I have a set of these I'd like to install, Grand Touring V2 wheels:

Lug nuts for factory forged wheels-h1xykntl.jpg

And the online Nissan catalogs call for these lugnuts:

Lug nuts for factory forged wheels-0sccpc8l.jpg

My question is whether I really need the longer lug nuts? Will the shorter ones bottom out on the stud before getting tight? Some other issue?

I had also considered getting a set of these, http://www.gorilla-auto.com/the-system-page-02, but they're 1.4" long, so they'd be shorter than what the Nissan calls for, but longer than the lug nuts I've got now.

I believe that these wheels are pretty much the same as the 18/19 Nismo wheels, so any advice from someone with 2007+ Nismo wheels would apply here as well.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
POS VETT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you try them on? Gently spin on a couple of nuts by hand and once they have bottomed out, check if the wheel is snug. Perform this one for the front and one for the rear.

Last edited by POS VETT; 03-20-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:50 PM
patrickoneal

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by POS VETT
Can you try them on? Gently spin on a couple of nuts by hand and once they have bottomed out, check if the wheel is snug. Perform this one for the front and one for the rear.
I finally got the tires mounted on the rims. I snugged up one lug nut, and found that the wheels tighten up fine. I zipped them on with my impact, then tightened with a torque wrench with a deep no-scratch socket and extension. I think the reason for the longer lugs being specified is that the factory lug wrench will likely hit and scratch the wheels with the shorter lugs. I'll be replacing them with something longer for that reason, I'd hate to get a flat and tear up my wheels.