Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome

Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
hatchboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good naggar! you'll probably need to get the camber arms for the rear to fit them in nice or pull it. the front should be straight with a low drop. my 9.5 et-6 in the front fit fine with very little rubbing at about -3 camber but with the help of my cambers arm also. my 11 et-4 in the rear needed at least -5 to -6 camber. good luck man. hey pm where you got your rims from
Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Big_C

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks hatchboi. We'll see how it goes. Might have to make an emergency run to grab some camber arms! Luckily I am able to get em locally on a saturday or sunday if I need to.

PM'd.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:49 AM
z33allme

Originally Posted by fatboy.yoshi
hahah kit cracked third day rolling...and yeah just had the toe fixed...it was an in ground alignment machine...level to the floor...then went up when car is positioned...barely made it tho
Looks dope!!! My kit cracked the first weekend on as well...
Sucks about SA IFO, for the guys that drove down..
Old 06-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Busted*Shox

Originally Posted by naggar
Saturday fo sho man. Worked 12hrs today and I'm hella tired. Gonna sleep in and get crackin tomorrow.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need camber arms though, we'll see. I'll pull the damn fenders if I have to, I don't give a F! lol. I'm making this shiz fit by any means neccessary. Would have helped to run 30 series tires, but at double the cost, I passed on it this time around. At least I work at a tire shop and can change sizes whenever I want.
Just a good roll in the rear and you will be fine no need to pull them but yea you definitely need to get some rear camber arms before you get it aligned. Its gonna look sick !!
Old 06-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by naggar
Thanks hatchboi. We'll see how it goes. Might have to make an emergency run to grab some camber arms! Luckily I am able to get em locally on a saturday or sunday if I need to.

PM'd.
There will be no need for camber arms....don't be scared
Old 06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
350Z_NOW

Mustang + Work Equip = Fail

Originally Posted by Nevaland90

Old 06-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Nevaland90

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm ruing 11 -5 with less than -3 of camber 255.35 no rubs

Originally Posted by hatchboi
looks good naggar! you'll probably need to get the camber arms for the rear to fit them in nice or pull it. the front should be straight with a low drop. my 9.5 et-6 in the front fit fine with very little rubbing at about -3 camber but with the help of my cambers arm also. my 11 et-4 in the rear needed at least -5 to -6 camber. good luck man. hey pm where you got your rims from
Old 06-20-2009, 01:20 PM
ghost

Originally Posted by 350Z_NOW
Mustang + Work Equip = Fail
I'm going to run either Works or Volks on my Saleen. The difference is it won't look horrible.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:44 PM
mich

18x10.5-1, 11-8

Name:  IMG00301.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  39.0 KB
Old 06-20-2009, 04:44 PM
jaaf

Originally Posted by fatboy.yoshi
here's a couple of rolling shots...from 08's cancelled ifo in san antonio after leaving san marcos outlet...brrrr it was extremely cold
thanks to cheanyoung's gf

amazing!! i love it... wat front lip is that?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:26 PM
stinky350z

Veilside
Old 06-20-2009, 08:18 PM
hatchboi

naggar might not need the camber arms but it sure helps. i think its a little harder to fit the 20's then the 19's being that it's taller but it maybe be because i dont really know what im doing, who knows.

hey do most of the people that are slammed on stance have any preload on there coilovers? or is the spring loosen all the way so that car will dump more? i been wanting to try again to adjust them to get the z lower
Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Big_C

Originally Posted by hatchboi
naggar might not need the camber arms but it sure helps. i think its a little harder to fit the 20's then the 19's being that it's taller but it maybe be because i dont really know what im doing, who knows.

hey do most of the people that are slammed on stance have any preload on there coilovers? or is the spring loosen all the way so that car will dump more? i been wanting to try again to adjust them to get the z lower
Um hell yes 19s are WAY easier to fit than 20s and yes I will NEED camber arms front AND rear to pull this off the way I want to!!!

Here is a summary of my day today.....fawking gheyness everywhere lol.

Unfortunately I couldn't get em fitted the way I wanted tonight. 2 things went wrong tonight...

1. I messed up on the rear tire size and thought I could get away with a 255.35.20 but that won't work cause the tire is just way too tall and chubby. The car itself was actually resting on the tire and where the bumper meets the fender it was resting on that too lol. To get to the ride height I want, I need to change it out to a 30 series instead which I will do Monday @ work. That will take me from an overall diameter of 27" to 26" which is a TON of room when it comes to fitting rims and getting the clearances tight.

2. The coilovers in the rear were maxed out on height so instead of preloading the spring and then setting the ride height, I had to remove all the preload so the spring was loose. I also had to remove 2 of the height adjustment collars and leave just one for the spring to sit on. Unfortunately this caused the entire shock to bottom out completely so the car was undrivable. I went with Ksport coilovers since they are a true coilover in back and I didn't want to wait another who knows how long for people to get Stance back in stock, plus Ksport is local in Az and I wanted to support a local company. I personally know the owner and after talking to him today he is willing to make me a custom kit for the rear so I can slam my car and still retain good drivability. A shorter shock is basically all I need so I can get more height adjustment and still preferably keep some preload on the springs. For the everyday Joe, their coilovers work great, but to slam your shiz and roll gangster like I am gonna do, it just doesn't go low enough.

Here is a quick teaser of how low the rear got. Keep in mind the body was resting on the tire itself preventing the car from dropping any more, lol. Also, I do not have any camber arms front or rear at the moment, so I could only adjust what you can do in the rear which is maybe an extra 1-1.5 degrees if that using stock components.

Name:  IMG_0717.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  61.5 KB

So, I decided to just throw my stock 18s back on and call it a night and work more on it tomorrow but at this ride height I couldn't even pull outta my garage because where the little tiny bump where the end of the garage meets the concrete driveway my exhaust got stuck on it with the stock 18" wheels on. So I had to improvise because it was late and I didn't feel like raising the car up, I just threw my FRONT 20s in the rear since they raise the car up (and clear the fenders) just a hair so I could clear that little bump and get my car on one side of the garage, lol. Notice how much lower the car sits when its not resting on the tire? Still sucks the strut is bottomed out at this point or I'd be good to go with a smaller tire.

This is the front rim in the rear for ***** and giggles and so I could physically move my car:

Name:  IMG_0719.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  74.8 KB

So, my plans are to raise the rear for now and put all the height adjustment collars back in and set the car at a decent height and put my stock 06 rims on till I get smaller tires in the rear, shorter shocks for the rear and I am gonna get front and rear camber arms just to play it safe. After this experience, 20s are a whole different ballgame than 19s. Atleast with my offsets and widths it is.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:08 AM
starve

Looks nice and flush Naggar. I bet your car would be blazin' trails down the streets, had you taken my advice. J/k man You'll figure it out, your on the right track.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks insane..did it cause any damage at all sitting on the tire? Sucks you gotta wait..
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Big_C

Originally Posted by starve
Looks nice and flush Naggar. I bet your car would be blazin' trails down the streets, had you taken my advice. J/k man You'll figure it out, your on the right track.
Haha, well everyone was sayin to still run 35 series with 20s. Even a 235 or 245/35 in the rear is just too tall and "chubby" looking IMO. At first I was going to get 30 series, I wish I woulda just done that the first time around. I may switch the fronts to 30 series also. It is less tire but most of my Lexus VIP friends that are running aggressive run 30 series with no problems at all.

Its all good, I'll get it worked out and when I do its gonna look siiiiiiiiick
Old 06-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Big_C

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Looks insane..did it cause any damage at all sitting on the tire? Sucks you gotta wait..
Nah, no damage. The car was just sitting in the garage. I didn't even move it. Yeah I am bummed about the set backs, but it will be worth it and when I do it, I wanna do it right. If it takes another week or two to get some more parts installed its no big deal.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what you explained above. You're running with no preload on the springs at all? That can't be good...but said you are having some custom shocks made for ya?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Royal_T

Mich,

Looks good we need some better pics

Naggar,

coming along nicely,,yea 20" are a different ball game form 19",,but 20" looks good on 350z I never thought they could look so good. Can't wait to see it slammed on the ground and on the streets.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Royal_T

Saw this pic of a CLS slammed looked so good.. F20x11 and R20x13

Name:  mec-design-mercedes-benz-cls-class-.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  135.2 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome