Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

FIVE:AD Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

The more I look at the pics, the more I like the wheel on the Z. It looks HUGE for a 19 due to the lack of lip and thin spoke design.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
The more I look at the pics, the more I like the wheel on the Z. It looks HUGE for a 19 due to the lack of lip and thin spoke design.
Exactly. I love the whole line-up to be honest. Not all the models are for the Z but they're great and fresh designs. At the end of the day, we would never sell a product that we didn't think was up to par with our standards or would equip on our own cars.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
konaforever

Geez. Lots of haters here for no reason!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
The_VQ

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Exactly. I love the whole line-up to be honest. Not all the models are for the Z but they're great and fresh designs. At the end of the day, we would never sell a product that we didn't think was up to par with our standards or would equip on our own cars.
Love how they are inspired by

Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Ghost_shift

shipped to 32962??
Old 09-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
shipped to 32962??
PM sent!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they look great. Wish these were out when I had my z.......
Old 09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
SnoXRacer183

Andy,

Called you up and left a message to order them. Call me back!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Concave
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
FYI - Z/G fitments will be released within the next 4-6 weeks. I have received a lot of inquiries about this wheel so those of you that are ready to go, we can take pre-orders for now.

if i slip you a 5 dollar bill, will you make sure im the first to have these? haha
Old 09-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Concave
if i slip you a 5 dollar bill, will you make sure im the first to have these? haha
You're about 5 minutes too late.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
1M0RLAP

Pretty nice looking wheel.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:27 PM
SnoXRacer183

Originally Posted by Concave
Yup, too late...I gave him the $5 first!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Concave
Banned

man!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
chinolatte

Is there a way you can weigh these and post up (or PM) the weights?

oh and I'd like a quote shipped to 07003
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Looks great, and pretty good fitments. If they prove to be reliable, I'll be a big fan of those...
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured I should chime in since I've had the wheels since April '08.

I have to say, so far so good. I've put about 15K miles on them, 70 miles round trip Monday through Friday to work in Palm Springs, and 30 of those miles in construction zones with jacked up pavement. Various spirited driving, going to shows in San Diego, Hollywood, etc. Basically, I've had no structural issues with them as a daily driver.

It has weathered the rains in April and May. No problems with humidity and 118 degree average temps of Palm Springs for the summer months of June through August. I wash my car and wheels every week inspecting for any peeling, cracks, fading, chips, etc and they've held up very well. No wheel finish issues at all. BTW the pics that Andy is showing is from a photoshoot a couple of weeks ago. As you can see, no flaking, bends, or any other cosmetic and structural issues.

The longevity of anything... whether it be wheels, engine, or brakes depends on the owner's use of it. But I can speak honestly that I've put the wheels through some pretty harsh road and weather conditions. For the majority who wants a well made wheel, that looks good, and will be suitable as a daily driver then this is for you. I can't speak for track use since I haven't taken there to test it out but for the streets it's a great choice.

As for weights, I didn't get a chance to weigh them before I had Rick@Status mount the tires. But from just taking off the wheels and tires at home, they're definitely lighter than my old 19" meisters and feel right about the same weight with my 19" Volks and 19" SSR multi pc wheels.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by The_VQ
I will shed some light for you, you see this small A-TECH logo on those wheels? ATECH is a japanese company producing really good wheels http://www.marukanet.co.jp/a-tech/index.html . Since they are not present on US market, MB has probably set up a deal with them to sell them under different brand in the US (similar deal was set up by Axis with Rays). So why they cost 140 a wheel? Because MB is selling them with really small profit marging, they want sell huge rather than get huge profit margin. Oh and ATECH wheels are not gravity casted like you normal low end rims, they are low pressure casted (far superior technology). Do not compare those wheels to other cheap brand like Rotas, as they pricing is not an effect of cutting down on costs and stealing designs like Rota does but company's strategy

BTW, if you don't believe compare ATECH's lineup with MB's one, you will see the same wheel models there. MB are exactly the same thing as your tight JDM stuff.

ya, i know this already.......my basis is on price...it seems like this site doesn't know anything about manufacturing process and what the real difference is in a good wheel that is built over price....

all i hear is blah, blah, blah...i spent 4k on volks so my wheels are stronger and will last forever.........ha..ha...give me a break.....

just silly.........glad to see there is someone out there that understands a good solid manufacturing process and design......doesnt need to cost 900 a wheel....geeesss...

-J
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Concave
Banned

^ plz try not to hijack the thread with other wheels.... there is a million other threads about that exact same topic.

Originally Posted by Vertex350
I figured I should chime in since I've had the wheels since April '08.

I have to say, so far so good. I've put about 15K miles on them, 70 miles round trip Monday through Friday to work in Palm Springs, and 30 of those miles in construction zones with jacked up pavement. Various spirited driving, going to shows in San Diego, Hollywood, etc. Basically, I've had no structural issues with them as a daily driver.

It has weathered the rains in April and May. No problems with humidity and 118 degree average temps of Palm Springs for the summer months of June through August. I wash my car and wheels every week inspecting for any peeling, cracks, fading, chips, etc and they've held up very well. No wheel finish issues at all. BTW the pics that Andy is showing is from a photoshoot a couple of weeks ago. As you can see, no flaking, bends, or any other cosmetic and structural issues.

The longevity of anything... whether it be wheels, engine, or brakes depends on the owner's use of it. But I can speak honestly that I've put the wheels through some pretty harsh road and weather conditions. For the majority who wants a well made wheel, that looks good, and will be suitable as a daily driver then this is for you. I can't speak for track use since I haven't taken there to test it out but for the streets it's a great choice.

As for weights, I didn't get a chance to weigh them before I had Rick@Status mount the tires. But from just taking off the wheels and tires at home, they're definitely lighter than my old 19" meisters and feel right about the same weight with my 19" Volks and 19" SSR multi pc wheels.
nice write up! good to know.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
gregom

Nice design...

Quick Reply: FIVE:AD Wheels