Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info J.. i was wondering, what are the sizes on your buddy's car??

Edit: NVM! found it....

Example of 20mm Front & 25mm Rear - OEM wheels.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jdella681
from my other thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...l-spacers.html

Can we get some negatives on spacers? Thanks!
- If you purchase ebay spacers that aren't hubcentric, you can get all types of issues that would normally stem from unbalanced tires. Buy brand name spacers that are proven to work well with our cars, not a "universal" spacer

- If you push your wheels out "too far", you can rub the fender, which you will then need to get the fender rolled, pulled, or cut to fix

- The extra weight, which is a consideration for some people, although the difference is very small.

- People constantly asking you "what size spacers do you have" (just write the MM size on your forehead during meets)

- Some people have talked about increased negative camber as a result of the load being redistributed since the wheels are pushed out slightly farther, however this is either very rare or people just don't talk about it. One way or the other, the difference in rear camber will be minimal at best.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:33 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for making this thread.. definitely makes me sold in buying a set for my Z! I know there's a few posts here regarding the cons I think getting more of those on here would definitely benefit alot of ppl like myself debating to get them.
Okay, lets add something on that...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:46 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Default CONS of spacers:

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
- If you purchase ebay spacers that aren't hubcentric, you can get all types of issues that would normally stem from unbalanced tires. Buy brand name spacers that are proven to work well with our cars, not a "universal" spacer. SEE PIC BELOW:

- If you push your wheels out "too far", you can rub the fender, which you will then need to get the fender rolled, pulled, or cut to fix

- The extra weight, which is a consideration for some people, although the difference is very small.

- People constantly asking you "what size spacers do you have" (just write the MM size on your forehead during meets)

- Some people have talked about increased negative camber as a result of the load being redistributed since the wheels are pushed out slightly farther, however this is either very rare or people just don't talk about it. One way or the other, the difference in rear camber will be minimal at best.
Cheshirecat79 answers most pretty well.

1. Ebay/generic or universal spacers for the most part are not car(350z) hub specific. Like mentioned before the hub on the Z is 66.1mm, to ensure that the spacer sits "centered" where it needs to be due to the center hole in the spacer. MAKE SURE you purchase spacers with a 66.1mm center diameter circle? get it?

Yes, if you push your wheels out "to far" and you go slapping on some meaty tires, inner fender contact is possible. Examples would be oem wheels with 275/45/18 tires paired with 30mm spacers in the rear. Driving down the road, you most likely be fine, but hitting a bigger dip or bump in the road you may here tire/fender contact. So pay attention to your offset with new spacers and tire size selection is all.

3. Constant nag, ya, people give you crap about it, "why dont you get wheels that fit" yada , yada......oh well, enough of that.

4. agree with camber statement, minimal at best.

also,
5. Like i mentioned, Spacers get old really fast, by that i mean, i get tired of removing them when at drift events.......many times i find myself wishing I didn't have to mess with them, but at the same time, i own too many wheels with too many different offsets to complain, so there. I mean, i purchase deals on wheels for the track when i see them, spacers allowed me to run these as they come along. So its a good and a bad.......more good than bad, im just lazy i guess.... lol

-J
Attached Thumbnails FAQ: Official wheel &quot;SPACER&quot; thread!-wheelspacers-center-hub-size.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 04-03-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Default Where to buy?

The where to buy question?........

My only advice on this problem is to contact the vendor of your choice and ensure they have them in stock ready to ship.......

Most people don't like to find out 2 days later that they are drop shipping them from the factory and have no idea when the back order will be complete, yada yada.........So i say call......before you commit on anyones site and end up having to wait or drag on for days before you get your money back to go to someone else...

I know in this economy everyone loves drop shipping and i agree, its nice, but not when the source is out and you the end customer is left waiting........

I miss the days of in stock ready to ship......not so true anymore ive come to see...

FYI: Vendors here at my350z:
some, not all, do a search....

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...-in-stock.html

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...2-spacers.html

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...available.html

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...k-10-30mm.html

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...-in-stock.html

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...0-shipped.html

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 07-10-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
nismospec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one more thing to add about having to put on/remove them a lot.......
a lot of tire places won't touch your car if you have spacers on. so if you do have the misfortune of a flat, plan on taking off the tire and taking it to get fixed and/or have to take off the wheel and spacer......put the wheel back on......take it to a shop......put the spacer back on......and then remount the wheel.

pain in the *&!%*&%!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info. How often should the spacers be re-torqued?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
jdella681

^^ another question with the one above is you would prolly torque them the same as mounts rims on rite? it would make sense to me
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SponGer
Good info. How often should the spacers be re-torqued?
^^ another question with the one above is you would prolly torque them the same as mounts rims on rite? it would make sense to me

I have never had to re-torque spacer lug nuts. I figure if you do it right the first time, you should be good to go.

I have checked them before and they were always spot on like before.

I torque mine on at about 90ft-lbs.

-J
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 AM
avandss

ok here is my question, i am running 25mm h&r spacers in the rear and i have a 07 with the stock 18' can i go 255 or 265 in the rear without rubbing?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ im guessing stock height, as in stock suspension????........If so, I'm sure you will be fine with 255/45/18....but the 265 may be pushing it..........

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

-J
Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Murfdizzle21

he has tanabe gf210 springs in his sig...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

oh ya, i see that now...GF210....ya, best bet is to see if someone chimes in, cause i dont have any experience with springs.....other than oem...
-j

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 04-16-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 AM
avandss

would it help if i take pics of different angles? and yes im dropped with gf210's

thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

well, thats not really gonna help much......gonna be hard to measure weather a 265 versus a 255 will make contact or not.......

-J
Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
gennosuke1

from other thread si posted question

i think im going for some volks with some good specs

im looking at 9.5 22offset wiith 245/35/19 and 10.5 22offset 275/35/19
i have rolled my fenders. i have mroe clearance on the right rear opposed to left because it sits bit higher i dont know why.

can i run 10mm in front and 15mm in rear. im on stock camebr should i get more negative and it will work for rear?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
vash2o

Im looking into buying Axis Reverbs 18 x8.5 and im going to buy 275s for the rears with 245s on the front. These wheels have a 15mm offset will i need a spacer for them to fit/look right.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
gennosuke1

Also one more question does it really matter between ichiba version 2 or project kics

some people say that project kics are best but im jsut trying to see if they are jsut biast lol

so input needed
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

For you guys asking weather XXmm will work, etc on certain wheels............thats really up to you.........

best advice is to mount the wheels on your car, then measure the remaining depth in milimeters to where you feel it would work/look good to you.

really isnt worth guessing and estimating, cause if you get spacers that are too big or shallow, even if its 5mm's your gonna end up on here selling them and replacing them.......luckily doing so isnt so hard....usually you can get what you paid for them or within 10 percent loss........usually..

-J
Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by gennosuke1
Also one more question does it really matter between ichiba version 2 or project kics

some people say that project kics are best but im jsut trying to see if they are jsut biast lol

so input needed
you know, I have never owned both to be able to tell........but being a drifter and having removed tons of wheels, i have had to replace a few studs on project kic spacers before..........

I have seen and helped install ichiba V2's and they do appear to be of great build quality........so i would say either one is gonna do the job thats for sure...

-J

Quick Reply: FAQ: Official wheel "SPACER" thread!