MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   G35 18 inch factory wheels (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/56891-g35-18-inch-factory-wheels.html)

lawnmore 01-14-2004 03:32 PM

G35 18 inch factory wheels

I just purchased a set of 18 inch factory G35 wheels and tires for my yet to arive Zcar. Can any one explain to me why the wheels have casting designations FRONT and REAR ie offset, width ,etc ??? The dealer shows different part numbers but doesnt know why. Also should the red dot on the sidewall line up with the valve stem?:confused:

lowrider 01-14-2004 04:30 PM

Hey Guy

Got your wheels, huh. The wheels and offset are the same front and rear. On the "G" (don't know about the "Z") there is a screw with a tube around it on the front disk. With this in place, it's impossible to mount the rear wheels (with the different size tire) on the front wheel. It's only for safety reasons. I guess you could call it Dufus Proof. Anyway, that's the reason. Diameter, width offset is the same. 18", 8" and 30mm.

I believe the dot should line up with the stem, but not sure. Check with your tire installer. What kind and size tires did you end up with? If they came with the stock Michelins already mounted. Leave them alone, they are already balanced.

Lou

AndyB 01-14-2004 04:33 PM

Tires

The front and back stock tires were different sizes. The markings help make sure they go on the right part of the car.

lawnmore 01-14-2004 04:52 PM

Tire size

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lowrider
[B]Hey Guy

Got your wheels, huh. The wheels and offset are the same front and rear. On the "G" (don't know about the "Z") there is a screw with a tube around it on the front disk. With this in place, it's impossible to mount the rear wheels (with the different size tire) on the front wheel. It's only for safety reasons. I guess you could call it Dufus Proof. Anyway, that's the reason. Diameter, width offset is the same. 18", 8" and 30mm.

I believe the dot should line up with the stem, but not sure. Check with your tire installer. What kind and size tires did you end up with? If they came with the stock Michelins already mounted. Leave them alone, they are already balanced.

Lou; The tires are michelin pilot sports 225-245 but the guy had to get his tire pressure sensors off so he dismounted the tires and on remount one 225 got put on a rim labeled rear and one 245 got put on a rim labled front. It BUGGS me!!!so I found a local shop who will switch and ballance of $30. What do ya think?
Again thanks for being there RON

lowrider 01-14-2004 06:28 PM

Yes, get them switched, and rebalanced. Since they made such a foolish mistake, have your shop check the balance of the other two as well. Make sure they have the right equipment, those wheels are pretty easy to damage.

Lou

lawnmore 01-14-2004 06:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lowrider
[B]Yes, get them switched, and rebalanced. Since they made such a foolish mistake, have your shop check the balance of the other two as well. Make sure they have the right equipment, those wheels are pretty easy to damage.

Good idea!! Thanks Now all I need is a car. It was ordered 12-2,no news yet. RON

Z-Noob 01-14-2004 08:01 PM

how much did you get the wheels for?

Baumer 01-15-2004 05:24 AM

Anybody looking for a set of 18" G35 Coupe wheels I've got a set for sale in the Classified Section :D PM me for details and pics.

lawnmore 01-15-2004 03:18 PM

Originally posted by Z-Noob
how much did you get the wheels for?
$1400