Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rota upset by counterfeit knock offs

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Rota upset by counterfeit knock offs

This has to be the funniest thing i've read in a very long time. Serves them right.
http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...-products.html
Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM
X.et

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does that show them being upset at all? They are simply warning about counterfeit products that aren't theirs. It isn't even the same as just a simple knock-off, they are literally creating products with ROTA's brand on it when it isn't ROTA making it. This is just to cover their back and let people know that those aren't products of their company.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Knock offs of knock offs? The teens will love it!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...imitation.html

This thread should be merged with the OP's.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

Damn, I tried to search for it but didn't find it so I made a new thread, boo on me!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Damn, I tried to search for it but didn't find it so I made a new thread, boo on me!
All good, took care of it since you titled your thread correctly anyway

lol at the Chinese copying Rota and Rota getting upset, oh the IRONY!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by X.et
How does that show them being upset at all? They are simply warning about counterfeit products that aren't theirs. It isn't even the same as just a simple knock-off, they are literally creating products with ROTA's brand on it when it isn't ROTA making it. This is just to cover their back and let people know that those aren't products of their company.
sombody hurt your Rota feelings?

Rota makes such chit that they wont even put their name on it! they want their customers to be able to pass it off as the real deal.

Fawk Rota.

spork said it right.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Well there is a difference between a counterfeit and replica. Rota is a replica of Volk, where these are couterfeit.

Example
Rolex but i can get a Tag Heuer that looks the same, but has the Tag emblem on it. Just like Rota to Volk.

Then you can get a counterfeit of either brand for $10 at the flea market that is a very cheap piece of crap.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:12 PM
X.et

Originally Posted by Cux350z
sombody hurt your Rota feelings?

Rota makes such chit that they wont even put their name on it! they want their customers to be able to pass it off as the real deal.

Fawk Rota.

spork said it right.
Haha I actually don't really care either way about rota's personally, but the thread title was clearly wrong as having counterfeit's like this with their brand even on the wheel is a big liability for them and their brand. Anyone who isn't an idiot would know this was clearly a press release to cover their backs so that any issues with these counterfeits wouldn't be attributed back to their brand.

This has nothing to do with them being pissed that someone is copying their wheels, you and your rota hating buddies are just too busy circle jerking about how much you dislike rota to even read the release.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:11 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pyshin
This is EXACTLY what I thought of.

I've never had an issue with ROTA as their wheels have been solid from my experience. If they made a more aggressive D2-EX, I'd probably...well...I wouldn't buy it new, but if someone had'em used on the forums, I'd scoop'em up.

Last edited by driftsucky; 08-17-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Haha I actually don't really care either way about rota's personally, but the thread title was clearly wrong as having counterfeit's like this with their brand even on the wheel is a big liability for them and their brand. Anyone who isn't an idiot would know this was clearly a press release to cover their backs so that any issues with these counterfeits wouldn't be attributed back to their brand.

This has nothing to do with them being pissed that someone is copying their wheels, you and your rota hating buddies are just too busy circle jerking about how much you dislike rota to even read the release.
Ummmm... Rays did it because their construction was forged and Rota's were cast. What's Rotas beef when the wheels being replicated are of the same material and construction? Liability... how long have you been in the car world? They've been garbage since they were first made so what's different now? I'll barney if for you:

Authentic = 1000.00 per wheel
Rota = 300.00 per wheel
Rep of Rota = 150.00 per wheel

Why pay more money for a replica when one can buy a replica of the replica that is virtually built the same? Rota is losing serious money to the Rep-Replicators and that's the primary reason of the press release.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Knock off of a knock off?

[Leonardo DiCaprio]

We need to go deeper.

[/Leonardo DiCaprio]
Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Isn't it mostly ricer honda guys that buy rotas anyways?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Nah ricer 350z guys buy them too
Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 AM
CptWiggles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jah70
Isn't it mostly ricer honda guys that buy rotas anyways?
Isn't it mostly stupidity which sustains ignorance?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 AM
X.et

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Ummmm... Rays did it because their construction was forged and Rota's were cast. What's Rotas beef when the wheels being replicated are of the same material and construction? Liability... how long have you been in the car world? They've been garbage since they were first made so what's different now? I'll barney if for you:

Authentic = 1000.00 per wheel
Rota = 300.00 per wheel
Rep of Rota = 150.00 per wheel

Why pay more money for a replica when one can buy a replica of the replica that is virtually built the same? Rota is losing serious money to the Rep-Replicators and that's the primary reason of the press release.
You are still way off in your logic. These aren't replica's of rota's, they are counterfeits because they are being cast with rota's logo on them. That has absolutely nothing to do with being a knock-off. Rota's have some knock-off rims of volk's, but those aren't counterfeits and thus aren't going as far as pretending to be authentic volks by priting volk logo's on them.

Fact is, if someone runs the counterfeits of rota and has issues, Rota is going to have to deal with a whole bunch of legal BS simply because another company is using their logo on their products. A press release like this helps cover their backs and alleviate the situation by saying upfront that it is in no way their product.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM
CptWiggles

You are still way off in your logic. These aren't replica's of rota's, they are counterfeits because they are being cast with rota's logo on them. That has absolutely nothing to do with being a knock-off. Rota's have some knock-off rims of volk's, but those aren't counterfeits and thus aren't going as far as pretending to be authentic volks by priting volk logo's on them.

Fact is, if someone runs the counterfeits of rota and has issues, Rota is going to have to deal with a whole bunch of legal BS simply because another company is using their logo on their products. A press release like this helps cover their backs and alleviate the situation by saying upfront that it is in no way their product.
Wait, did you just develop a well thought out post rather than jump on the bandwagon and bash a rep company because they're injecting competition in a ludicrous market?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by CptWiggles
Isn't it mostly stupidity which sustains ignorance?
Someone just got offended lol
Old 08-17-2013, 12:00 PM
CptWiggles

Originally Posted by Jah70
Someone just got offended lol
Not offended, I just see no benefit to ignorant comments, where do you draw the line? Right now it's hating on people who like to do things to their cars which you may not agree with, tomorrow it's hating on people for their lifestyle choices. It doesn't harm you so why make vast generalizations that potentially could harm someone. Mob mentality and ignorance only perpetuates blind hate, it's dangerous territory.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by CptWiggles
Not offended, I just see no benefit to ignorant comments, where do you draw the line? Right now it's hating on people who like to do things to their cars which you may not agree with, tomorrow it's hating on people for their lifestyle choices. It doesn't harm you so why make vast generalizations that potentially could harm someone. Mob mentality and ignorance only perpetuates blind hate, it's dangerous territory.
Not hating on anything, could care less what someone else does to their car, it's just the US culture that developed people to think they have a say in what other people want to do with there own lives. I mean come on, look at the drug laws we have in the US and how many ignorant people who feel they have a say in gay marriage even though it doesn't effect them. America is raised on ignorance and blindness and you won't see changes anytime soon. Sorry to derail the topic. But Rotas suck, terrible quality wheels. Terrible and dangerous.

Last edited by Jah70; 08-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Rota upset by counterfeit knock offs