MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   Best modifications to invest in??? (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/614970-best-modifications-to-invest-in.html)

Fuzzycroutons 03-07-2017 05:21 PM

Best modifications to invest in???

Instead of breaking it down, I'll ask it all right here.

whats the best intake and plenum spacer?
-I was thinking of getting a pop charger intake and motordyne plenum spacer...any other recommendations would be nice

What's the best wheel and tire set up for stock height?
-so far I have stock height and I want to get new wheels and tires, let me know what set up is best. I don't want that beefy of tires

Whats the best exhaust for the money?
-I'm thinking about doing a muffler delete with a magnaflow x-pipe and later on save up for some art test pipes

thanks for the the help

MicVelo 03-07-2017 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzzycroutons (Post 10868603)

-I was thinking of getting a pop charger intake and motordyne plenum spacer...any other recommendations would be nice

-so far I have stock height and I want to get new wheels and tires, let me know what set up is best. I don't want that beefy of tires

-I'm thinking about doing a muffler delete with a magnaflow x-pipe and later on save up for some art test pipes

thanks for the the help

"Modifications"
and "invest" should never be used in a sentence together, it's oxymoronic. :icon17:

So, "best" is relative. What are you looking to do with your car?

But in general...

Spacer (DE only): Motordyne

Tire/wheel setup: Whatever fits. Not being glib, I'm serious. Best bang for the buck (since you don't want to run "that beefy") - get yourself some Track V.1 wheels and mount up a proven, name tire in 245/40-18F and 255/40-18R. Amazing performance.

If you go aftermarket, best bang = Enkei RPF1 18x9.5/10.5 +15 with beefy 255/40 F & 275/40 R

Exhaust: So many choices but on a "budget" - used S-Tune or aftermarket, Invidia Gemini. If budget not a concern, I'll give you my checking account routing number (or PayPal, whichever is easiest for you.) :icon17: But seriously... I will. Laff. No, Motordyne TDX2 - sounds awesome and does deliver real performance gains when coupled with the spacer and MREV2 manifold.

You forgot something.... to get most out of the breathing changes, get the car tuned. Uprev is the most popular. Find a tuner in your area before you make the changes. (Before/after dyno & tune is best but with modest mods you're talking, you could just do it after.)

RobPhoboS 03-08-2017 01:32 AM

The 'best' thing you can do is use the search function and read up :p

travlee 03-08-2017 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzzycroutons (Post 10868603)

thanks for the the help

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....4ca9054865.jpg

ARRRT 03-12-2017 11:56 AM

Best investment - your driving skills.
Cars come and go and your knowledge is always with you.

terrasmak 03-12-2017 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by ARRRT (Post 10869753)
Best investment - your driving skills.
Cars come and go and your knowledge is always with you.

It even transfers from car to car