MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Reputation of Z Drivers... (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/160866-reputation-of-z-drivers.html)

juliosuburban 12-24-2005 02:50 PM

Honestly, when I didn't have a Z, and seen one, I looked at Z owners like gods. They just had it and I couldn't. I remember I use to follow this one Z that was down the street from my house in my moms car, just to listen to the beautiful humm of the exhaust, and just the design of the car is a sight. I couldn't follow long, because the girl would think I was stalking lol. Now that I run my fathers body shop, I'm a Z I'm a Z.... I worked hard to get my Z, and still have to work hard to keep her, and its definitely worth it.

The Brickyard Rat 12-24-2005 03:21 PM

The Z is an "aggressive" looking car...which also describes its owners, imho. Plus a bit of cockyness on top.

I know the Zzz has made me a more courtious driver. From the get go the Brick attracted attention and I wanted to create a positive image. So, I make more of an effort to let other cars into traffic and give pedestrians more right away (as examples).

JoneZZZ 12-24-2005 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
......I know the Zzz has made me a more courtious driver. From the get go the Brick attracted attention and I wanted to create a positive image. So, I make more of an effort to let other cars into traffic and give pedestrians more right away (as examples).

+1......Zen driving.

overZealous1 12-24-2005 06:36 PM

alot of the time not to seem cocky i will tell someone "ah it's just a car, call it a beater" but when i get back in, i hold my head high. hard not to come off cocky when alot of people want to ask about the car. it can get a little old when you have other things on your mind.

nbdyfcnsqnc 12-24-2005 06:42 PM

My impression is that most others who drive Z's have not yet noticed the gas pedal. :confused:

Z'd Up 12-24-2005 06:46 PM

The Z is an "aggressive" looking car...which also describes its owners, imho. Plus a bit of cockyness on top.

I know the Zzz has made me a more courtious driver. From the get go the Brick attracted attention and I wanted to create a positive image. So, I make more of an effort to let other cars into traffic and give pedestrians more right away (as examples).

+1, but if I may add if someone wants to roll, I'm ready. :icon38:

charlie_rdstr_Z 12-24-2005 08:06 PM

Everyone goes from offensive to defensive driving. When you do it in the Z people notice you and that aura is amplified.

justlaxinZ 12-24-2005 08:24 PM

i think we are all proud of our car...like people have said we can't wait to have it clean and drive it around, some people might call this cocky or showing off but it's just being proud of being able to choose such a great car to buy

The Brickyard Rat 12-24-2005 09:06 PM

"...but it's just being proud of being able to choose such a great car to buy."

No. I'm cocky! LOL! :D

808_FairladyZ 12-24-2005 10:16 PM

I'm very humble and willing to help other Z owners. Most here in Hilo, Hawaii are shy and reclusive. I'm hated by people who can't afford it, respected by Z owners no matter what vintage, and a nusiance to those that own cars far more expensive then my Z, but secretely would rather drive mines then theirs.

ASTIG_Z 12-24-2005 11:21 PM

I guess i see the cockiness in alot of Z drivers. I may look like a dic|<head in my Z,thats just cause i have this dumb@$$ look on my face when i'm concentrated on driving. But i'm one of the nicest guys when you meet me out of the car. BTW, the niceness ends when I meet up with the ladies...LOL

danimaldaisy 12-25-2005 12:36 AM

How many of you guys have other people who drive luxury sedans at a stop light turn there head to check out you're Z.
Happends to me all of the time. unless it's a vette or a porche every one turns there heads.
I agree people buy it for looks or for performance(both on my part) but i think that the main reason people look at us in our Z's is because it's a Bachelors car, a single guys car, a NON family man's car and when those people who pull up in there luxury sedans and check us out I bet they are thinking of how they wish they were single with out kids and could drive a two seater.

Its so funny to because HOW MUCH does a BMW 7 series cost nowadays?????

This is only something i've observed as long as i owned the Z.

And then theres always that fine azz blonde in a white or silver mercedez benz compact car checking us out.

None of this would happen, not even in a mustang, unless it was a vette or a porche.

and for 30k the Z is a steal for all the benifits you recieve from it.

I think most would agree.

People even look at me more when my 6 year old daughter is in the car seat nect to me kickin it with her little feet proped up on the dash.

and yes i'm single, but a single dad. And her mom hates me LOL!!

350ztoronto 12-25-2005 02:02 AM

cocky =/

808_FairladyZ 12-25-2005 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 350ztoronto
cocky =/

Cocky...no, proud...very. I put alot of work into my Z and have done all mods to it myself( headers i had help).

HighwaySpeed 12-25-2005 03:49 PM

Teen/20 something/yee haa drivers, driving their first performance car that has front engine/rear wheel drive.

zpak 12-25-2005 04:20 PM

Totally awesome.

Yeah, I try to be a courteous driver at all times, but with the Z, I think I catch people off guard because they're expecting me to gun the engine and zip past them at the drop of a hat.

I love it when the little ricer-guys pull up and want to race, all looking over and revving, and then I just let them go.

zpak 12-25-2005 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by NeoRacer_106
huh try BMW, talk about cocky & arrogant..

The BMW guys might be cocky about their cars, but on their sites, they at least seem to have a realistic appreciation of performance limits of each vehicle.

The other German car guys (Audi, Mercedes) feel as if Z drivers need to be "put in our places".

(i.e. "So I burned this cocky Z driver, and it was a sweet kill, and wow, I'm glad I put him in his place! He was so sad and shocked. That'll teach him that his p.o.s. weak-ass car is a turd!")

And so I got to wondering if other Z drivers front and talk smack so much to the other drivers such that they'd come to this conclusion?

Chambers 12-25-2005 05:03 PM

Well, its obvious that wherever with whatever car you have, its all the same. everyones cocky at somepoint or another.

HyperSprite 12-25-2005 09:06 PM

Reading a lot of these posts shows me even Z owners don't know who the other Z owners are or why they bought a Z, how could others have a clue?

People buy Zs for their own reasons and passed over other cars in the process. People buy other cars for their own reasons and pass over the Z in the process.

Chris

Sin 12-26-2005 05:43 PM

Yeah I agree on the sunglasses indoor... or even better , I wear my sunglasses at night ;) .... Back on track I do get that alot the whole Z driver cockyness... IT doesn't bother me, I bought the car for the sheer pleasure of driving it. It is a drivers car... bottom line...