MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   My baby got rapped :( (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/165868-my-baby-got-rapped.html)

Vicarious 01-19-2006 11:40 AM

if you got hurt, then maybe you can get some extra mods on your car =)

zedated 01-19-2006 11:42 AM

Sorry to hear, bro. That happens A LOT around here. In fact, I keep one hand on the horn when in similar situations, just in case.

Btw, nice rims. At least they were spared! :)

Apexi350z 01-19-2006 11:42 AM

siituation like that, I usually take a wider turn to the outside lane, just to avoide the inside car, because they usually don't look to their right, and give you enough clearance... sorry about your car, hope you get it fix soon :)

stereoneeds 01-19-2006 11:52 AM

dude exact same thing happened while my girl was driving. old ass lady. i had a weird feeling about everything, and tryed to call the cops out. they would not come out at all! i even told them we were having problems with the other car, and they still never showed up. anyhow, my feeling was right. next day our insurance called and said that she claimed that we drove into her lane and were driving aggressively. good thing we had a witness ;) who confirmed our story completely. point is just always make a choice on those turns, and either gun it and go first, or wait for the other driver to proceed and follow behind. being z owners, i know we all will chose the first:)

highside107 01-19-2006 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by stereoneeds
dude exact same thing happened while my girl was driving. old ass lady. i had a weird feeling about everything, and tryed to call the cops out. they would not come out at all! i even told them we were having problems with the other car, and they still never showed up. anyhow, my feeling was right. next day our insurance called and said that she claimed that we drove into her lane and were driving aggressively. good thing we had a witness ;) who confirmed our story completely. point is just always make a choice on those turns, and either gun it and go first, or wait for the other driver to proceed and follow behind. being z owners, i know we all will chose the first:)

Hmm good points. Another idea.. if this is a road you take frequently like to work or something and you are familiar with the street, you could always try to get in the far left turning lane to avoid the situation completely.

mr. sparco 01-19-2006 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by NiSmO D1X
damn, she must be asian girl, b/c they are psychotic. look likes you need some cf doors

What's with the stereotyping racist remarks? I didn't think this site catered to ppl that make such comments.

Fletch69z 01-19-2006 06:11 PM

That sucks man. SOrry to hear it.

gsazabi 01-19-2006 06:14 PM

Sorry to hear that...
And since she was a b!tch about it, go ahead and collect that medical bill.

Netko350Z 01-19-2006 06:17 PM

1 door skin
1 side mirror
1 rocker

Looks worse that it really is...IMO

davidv 01-19-2006 06:33 PM

Reminds me that I have seen fools drive with an arm hanging out the window.

Paul350Z 01-19-2006 06:39 PM

That ain't gonna' buff out.

It never ceases to amaze me the massive number of people driving on the road who are completely dangerous. Add the fact that half of them are talking on the phone and 25% don't have insurance ... :mad:

whap 01-19-2006 07:05 PM

damn, she must be asian girl, b/c they are psychotic. look likes you need some cf doors

you must be white

alex12 01-19-2006 07:14 PM

That left turn crap happens here all the time. I see it happen about 50% of the time I turn in one particular intersection: somebody's in the left lane of two left turn lanes and ends up being in the right lane after the turn (or vice versa). 95% of the time I get to see the person it's a woman in an suv. I always let the other person go way ahead when coming across these intersections... ok done ranting.

Sorry that it happened to you :( But at least you'll be hearing a sweet sound from your exhaust after everything is done, right?

angelzhope720 01-19-2006 07:21 PM

That's really not necessary. You can offend people, like me.

Echo853 01-19-2006 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Apexi350z
siituation like that, I usually take a wider turn to the outside lane, just to avoide the inside car, because they usually don't look to their right, and give you enough clearance...

+1. I never know what the yahoo in the next lane is going to do, so I always play it safe.

Hopefully she has insurance. :(

Z BOY 01-19-2006 08:04 PM

if you would have had your side mirrors turned out maximally, you woulda seen her coming and had time to react.

BOMEX180 01-19-2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by mchong75
Lady on the far left lane (left turn only) and me on the next lane (left turn or straight away). As the light turns green, we both proceed to make our turn, but the lady made a wide left turn missing her lane marks.

THis thing happens to me everything single day, and I always see people almost get hit on the side becuase of other stupid people who can't stay on their own lane while turning.:icon20:

SOrry to hear about your car.

shezzzhot 01-19-2006 08:11 PM

Sorry bro...hope you get it all worked out.

Not wise to make negative comments about shyt you have no clue about...racism: ugly, just plain ugly.

Spoon_sports808 01-19-2006 10:18 PM

BAN

that is really offensive.

mchong75 01-20-2006 04:09 AM

UPDATE 1/20/06

I received a v-mail from my adjuster late yesterday afternoon stating that the other driver is not accepting fault and that she is accusing me of the damages; that I made an inward lane change thus hitting her front. (How in the world can I hit her front bumper from the angle I was turning???) Another driver trying to avoid claim!!!!!! This is BS

So, now the adjuster will need to take a trip to the accident scene and take photos and re-evaluate the accident. Geeez, I was hoping for a quick solution.

So, any medical expenses and the car rental will be out of my pocket until the adjusters can make a clear decision.

To make the matter worse….I got a Ford Focus! for a rental car.
WOW! The incredible horsepower and the torque on this baby is a monster.
I’m selling my Z for a Ford Focus! :)