Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

F'ing old people.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 11:45 PM
Swimminggerman

Can I be a third party in this war and say I hate you all??? muahahaha. j/k

Some of you should relax, statistics are not everything. If they were I would believe in helping minorities. But truth is they are only a victim of numbers. So yes, the younger driver and older drivers you should be ashamed of yourselves as you are in both of those groups that seem to be more prone to higher insurance rates and accidents. When will you wake up and realize that the middle age people are the superior race here.
Old 04-28-2010 | 03:46 AM
dennisafrompa

Default I'm 68 and could kick your butt driving,

autocrossing and tracking these cars. I've been driving over 50 years and logged more than a million miles.

Most idiotic driving I see is done by folks much younger than me.

NOW, it's a shame someone put their hitch through your bumper cover.

It's a car get it fixed!

Last edited by dennisafrompa; 04-28-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2010 | 06:47 AM
Shin Beats

I think if anybody here had that happen to their car, they'd be pretty upset..
Old 04-28-2010 | 06:53 AM
lilpud

1. holy Sh** is every older person a teacher on this forum?
2. younger people have more accidents because of dumb wreckless driving
3. old people have more accidents because they dont pay attention to sh*t (not saying all old people,but most)
4. op this sucks man i had this happen to me about a year ago. old man backed into the SIDE of my car as i was walking out of KFC ha. he said " he didnt even see it" hmmm hear that alot... but he was also trying to drive away.
Old 04-28-2010 | 07:09 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by konaforever
The accident rate for old people, which I classify as older than 60, is about the same per mile as young people (which I classify as under 25).

Total accidents is lower because old people drive less.

Both groups get in more accidents per mile than the middle range: 25-50 years old or so.
You can talk statistics all day long.. But nothing beats practical real world experience.. Be it driving, flying or whatever.. Anyone with half a brain would know, there is only one way to get experience. Time. The longer you do something the more adapt you'll be at it.

Sure people of all ages can be an incompetent idiot. But most of the time, when the majority of old folks mess up, its usually due to diminished senses from natural aging etc..

When youngsters f*** it up its usually due to inexperience and or immaturity..
Old 04-28-2010 | 09:56 AM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by zipgun
You can talk statistics all day long.. But nothing beats practical real world experience.. Be it driving, flying or whatever.. Anyone with half a brain would know, there is only one way to get experience. Time. The longer you do something the more adapt you'll be at it.

Sure people of all ages can be an incompetent idiot. But most of the time, when the majority of old folks mess up, its usually due to diminished senses from natural aging etc..

When youngsters f*** it up its usually due to inexperience and or immaturity..
we knew this already...had a door get dinged by a college girl at the gym, then i watched an old couple get out of a car and as i'm eating dinner at the window of outback; see the elderly woman bash my fender...so i say, hell yeah it happens on both sides...can't avoid it, there is nothing to argue about here, regardless if you get a "hole" in your z, it happened, would it matter if Captain Jack Sparrow did it, you'd still be pissed!!!
Old 04-28-2010 | 12:09 PM
AnhDepTrai

Originally Posted by zipgun
Experience?
What does personal experience have to do with group based Statistics?

Your contribution to this thread has been utterly useless.
Take your experience else where.
Old 04-28-2010 | 01:04 PM
Kouki_love

haha, i love this forum already.. sorry if i had a few words not spelled right, but that complete message was written on my iPhone.. My computer is getting fixed and thats why it takes me a while to answer back to the threads..

btw, i am talking bout the "olds" who cant even park in one parking spot, do 45 mph on the interstate and fall asleep while waiting for a green light.. i am sorry if i offended any of the older members on here but you should really be more open minded about what i meant..

I am going to wait and get my coilovers, after i get my stance the way i want it i think i might do a nismo v2 bumper..

sorry if i didnt answer any questions but i am not gonna read 3 pages of response on my phone.. lmao

Last edited by Kouki_love; 04-28-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2010 | 01:10 PM
Kouki_love

Originally Posted by lilpud
1. holy Sh** is every older person a teacher on this forum?
2. younger people have more accidents because of dumb wreckless driving
3. old people have more accidents because they dont pay attention to sh*t (not saying all old people,but most)
4. op this sucks man i had this happen to me about a year ago. old man backed into the SIDE of my car as i was walking out of KFC ha. he said " he didnt even see it" hmmm hear that alot... but he was also trying to drive away.
i agree man, the only accident i have ever had was on my s13 drift car that i used to own, but drifting has nothing to do with how you drive on a regular basis..
Old 04-28-2010 | 01:43 PM
uglyduc

I have yet to have an old man pull up next to me and start rev'ing out his engine looking to race.

That being said, I'd park next to a younger person any day of the week unless he looks like he'll steal my wheels.

On the track OLD > YOUNG most days of the week.

We are all guilty of stereotypes, it's what our brains do to make sense of the world.

Last edited by uglyduc; 04-28-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2010 | 03:26 PM
MadNismo

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
Great grammer learnin in hear.
yea i here what u sayin in hear.....
Old 04-28-2010 | 07:09 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

You guys also hav to remember where the OP is from. "Gods waiting room" Southwest FL. I had an "elderly" man(licence said 1915) do a figure S in front of me cause me to tag his rear bumper. Later he left the scene.

A lot of people down here can only drive in the state of FL. Saying they can't pass the test in ____(northern home) so they just wait to drive down here.

You can deff. see the grumpy old guys in the thread

Hey D I think i have a stock bumper at my Shop. You just need the Varis Intake cutout. Let me know if you want it.

Chris
Old 04-30-2010 | 07:47 AM
trains1937

Not all of us old people go around smashing up other people's cars. I sympathize with you. I have been lucky, not one ding since I got the car. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.