MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Beginning to hate my 350z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/611415-beginning-to-hate-my-350z.html)

bad boyz 06-16-2016 04:38 AM

WOW! OP I guess you have a lot of information to analyze there been some sound information given hope you take it into account, for my two cents I think it would be best to put your money together get your friend at the Nissan dealer to help you just fix it and enjoy it, end of story!

ImWeeZzel 06-16-2016 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by ianeberle (Post 10773213)
Although I do have to defend OP for a moment. I'm also a college student and I drive a 2008 HR. It's got thousands of dollars in mods. I easily have one of the five nicest cars at my entire school, and that's something that I'm proud of and something that people on a car forum should be able to appreciate. I work really hard to pay for everything. My school's paid for, I'm not underwater on my Z, and I'm still able to live comfortably. I spend about 50% of my income on my Z, but who cares? It's worth it to me. I go on drives for fun because I enjoy it. I'd rather spend tons of money on a Z than own something like a Jetta and have a little money left over. College students are allowed to have hobbies too.

Pics of Z?

travlee 06-16-2016 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by ianeberle (Post 10773213)
Although I do have to defend OP for a moment. I'm also a college student and I drive a 2008 HR. It's got thousands of dollars in mods. I easily have one of the five nicest cars at my entire school, and that's something that I'm proud of and something that people on a car forum should be able to appreciate. I work really hard to pay for everything. My school's paid for, I'm not underwater on my Z, and I'm still able to live comfortably. I spend about 50% of my income on my Z, but who cares? It's worth it to me. I go on drives for fun because I enjoy it. I'd rather spend tons of money on a Z than own something like a Jetta and have a little money left over. College students are allowed to have hobbies too.

ever consider you should save for future or emergency expenses... not telling you how to spend your money, i would think long term and not live in the now as much. just me though

RichV 06-16-2016 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10773304)
ever consider you should save for future or emergency expenses... not telling you how to spend your money, i would think long term and not live in the now as much. just me though

In my experience that comes with age. I spent a lot more money back in my twenties because your frame of mind is not about the future. Its very hard to teach that and not learn it through age and experience.

All a part of growing up and maturing... things change.

ImWeeZzel 06-16-2016 07:26 AM

^^^This. I wanna be like this guy, except I'd be just happy w/a white C6 (riced out)

RichV 06-16-2016 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel (Post 10773321)
^^^This. I wanna be like this guy, except I'd be just happy w/a white C6 (riced out)

LOL! I appreciate that!

Believe me, there are tons of things I WANT... tons.

Needs overtake wants though.

travlee 06-16-2016 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel (Post 10773321)

i wanted a white z06, but the closest one i found was in chicago.. second choice was silver which i am glad i got now.

turboed350z 06-16-2016 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10773304)

Says the guy whos helping me slend my money lol

travlee 06-16-2016 08:19 AM

and people are helping my spend mine, just passing it along

MicVelo 06-16-2016 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10773366)
and people are helping my spend mine, just passing it along

I don't need no steenkin' help. :icon14:

Sadly.

dboyzalter 06-16-2016 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by kron1024 (Post 10772535)
Here is a pic
Before I got it welded on forgot I had it
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....d9eea5d66.jpeg

I dont know what the story is with that, and I didn't read past the first page... But that isnt rusty... And the problems you are describing dont seem like anything major...

If your sick of the 2 seater though im sure someone else would be happy to buy your car and you could get something more practical:icon27:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....90f5c5b4d3.jpg

I for one hope I never buy another 4 door sedan ever again.

magellster 06-16-2016 09:33 AM

My input

Originally Posted by kron1024 (Post 10772511)
Well my 08 350z just reached the 90k mark and is well falling apart smh mainly due to staying in va beach and the car being there it's whole life the rear quarter panel has rust strut mount broke off after hitting a pot hole. As well as the bushing on the same rear tire side the strut broke of is bad. Been looking around shops to get it fix and man it cost damn near 5k for everything new panel strut tower bushing etc. so I believe it's time for something different. But since I'm about well 6 grand upside down thanks to a g35 I was sold and showed a fake car fax on that had a bent frame. Will be buying a beater 95 eg civic to get to work and classes till October-December then hopefully i can get into a wrx perfect the Sti version or something along those lines hell I even considered a 2016 civic with the turbo even tho it still sucks on power or the 2015 si civic. Still have time to decide but I should have 8-10k saved up by then get a 5k check from school pulse I pocket 1200 every month from my gi bills bah my weekend job pays all my bills. Any suggestions if you managed to read all this lmao

Looks to me as though you have an accurate grasp on understanding of the situation you're in. In regards to buying another car I personally think that would be a mistake. Coming from someone who just graduated from college less than a month ago I can see where you're coming from with a new car itch. Personally, I don't buy anything unless I can pay for it cash. Eventually when I buy a house that will be a different story but for everything else, cash is king.

Based on the picture you posted it doesn't appear as though you washed the under-body of your car very often. It's extremely important to do so, especially living in such a salty area. I went to school in the mountains of NC and while there isn't constantly salt in the air from the ocean. I probably ended up with more road salt on my car in a snow season than you do in a year of living at/ near the beach. The difference is I don't have a single spec of rust anywhere on or underneath my car. Take care of your car and it will take care of you.

On that note, don't try to screw over the next buyer of your car if you decide to sell it. You know first hand how it feels to be screwed in a bad car deal, why would you push that same feeling on to someone else?

Everyone else I think has given you some good direction and good input on what you should do next, regardless of how rude they may have been in doing so. Bottom line is fix the Z and sell it or fix the Z, take care of it and drive it. Being in college and not having kids is the perfect time to own a 2-seater as a DD, I would highly recommend keeping it. I think you'll regret moving to anything more.

I'd also like to reiterate being able to afford car payments does not mean you can "afford" the car. I have no idea of your financial situation aside from what you've posted which may or may not be true. Buying a new car and spending even more money on a car each month on payments alone while you have a car you can't afford to fix is not a great idea. What are you going to do when the Evo/ STI breaks? Go on those forums and complain about how you are "beginning to hate" it because you're upside down on yet another car and can't afford the repair bill? You should always have a few thousand set aside in a "rainy day fund" for times just like these.

I don't need to bring up the fact you owe 13k on a 2008 car so I won't. I get you were young and we don't always make the best financial decisions when it comes to buying something "cool." I've done it myself and I'm sure most people on here have too. Its just life.

In summary, glad you've owned up to some poor decisions, don't sell the Z without fixing it or disclosing to whoever you sell it to that its broken. Don't spend a bunch of money on a new car. Best of luck to you and thank you for your service!

CK_32 06-16-2016 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by dboyzalter (Post 10773390)

Look into a V6 accord or the sport. My girl and I just bought one (she has kids). Things aren't actually half bad for a 4 door lol

I even think it might keep up with my Z... Sad it say. The V6 is hard to drive daily tho. Dam pedal is so dam touchy and spunky. Same with the brakes.

turboed350z 06-16-2016 10:53 AM

I dont know what the story is with that, and I didn't read past the first page... But that isnt rusty... And the problems you are describing dont seem like anything major...

If your sick of the 2 seater though im sure someone else would be happy to buy your car and you could get something more practical:icon27:

Ugh... dont remind me... still need one for jr... ughhhh

ianeberle 06-16-2016 01:20 PM

To the people that advised me to save: I'm an economics student and I've studied the theories behind consumption smoothing. While my choices aren't the most optimal, I'm happy and that's what matters. Im living above my means now, but that's fine because I'll smooth out the consumption later. I'm on track to attend a top 10 law program in the U.S. and once I graduate and start getting that corporate law money I'll have more means than I know what to do with.

CK_32 06-16-2016 01:40 PM

Okkkk.....?

Good luck with that. Let us know how that all works out for you then....

ImWeeZzel 06-16-2016 01:41 PM

Toyota Camry hybrid?

chatcher 06-16-2016 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by magellster (Post 10773399)
Personally, I don't buy anything unless I can pay for it cash.

Words to live by:thumbup: All seven of mine were purchased with cash, only way to do it. But if you HAVE to finance a car it should NOT be a toy/sports car.

dboyzalter 06-16-2016 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel (Post 10773587)
Toyota Camry hybrid?

Naaaa camry SE 4 cylinder... It's very nice and boring, but its reliable and fits a full set of 350z tires and wheels inside with no issues.

magellster 06-17-2016 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by chatcher (Post 10773606)
Words to live by:thumbup: All seven of mine were purchased with cash, only way to do it. But if you HAVE to finance a car it should NOT be a toy/sports car.

:groupie: :)