Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Beginning to hate my 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 04:44 PM
kron1024

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beginning to hate my 350z

Well my 08 350z just reached the 90k mark and is well falling apart smh mainly due to staying in va beach and the car being there it's whole life the rear quarter panel has rust strut mount broke off after hitting a pot hole. As well as the bushing on the same rear tire side the strut broke of is bad. Been looking around shops to get it fix and man it cost damn near 5k for everything new panel strut tower bushing etc. so I believe it's time for something different. But since I'm about well 6 grand upside down thanks to a g35 I was sold and showed a fake car fax on that had a bent frame. Will be buying a beater 95 eg civic to get to work and classes till October-December then hopefully i can get into a wrx perfect the Sti version or something along those lines hell I even considered a 2016 civic with the turbo even tho it still sucks on power or the 2015 si civic. Still have time to decide but I should have 8-10k saved up by then get a 5k check from school pulse I pocket 1200 every month from my gi bills bah my weekend job pays all my bills. Any suggestions if you managed to read all this lmao
Old 06-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree, you seem like the best type of person to buy a civic and no longer visit these forums.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

You are reporting a very unusual problem with the 350z. I would like to see pictures that show the problem(s) you describe.

Are you willing to post some pictures?

Last edited by Spike100; 06-14-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-14-2016, 05:02 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by Unicus
I agree, you seem like the best type of person to buy a civic and no longer visit these forums.
Lol no I'm only thinking about the civic as my last choice invade I can't get what I want i.e. Sti, Evo. Pluse ik that they last a while. I haven't been a civic fan in years but the newer ones are starting to look better then they used to. Oh and I'm tired of only having two seats. and for anyone who probably going to say probably a kid or mom and dad I'm 24 worked since I was 15 and been in the navy.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:05 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by Spike100
You are reporting a very unusual problem with the 350z. I would like to see pictures that show the problem(s) you describe.

I would have to get it on a lift or jack it. It's I the yard right now been sitting for like two weeks I got the strut welded back on for trade in purposes so they won't notice how messed up it is but if I can I'll try n jack it up when I take it to my uncles n take pictures of the original holes from where it came off
Old 06-14-2016, 05:09 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Sooo you cant afford the 350z but want a new evo or sti? Haha great logic!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:13 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Can afford it I can afford it what are u talking about I make my payments on time every month and still have 1210 to play around with... Don't assume
Old 06-14-2016, 05:15 PM
kron1024

I get 1500 a month from my job that pays all my bills i.e. Car payment insurance phone bill, credit card, loan etc. then I get 1210 from the navy gi bill goes str8 to my pockets then every October and February I get a check for 5000 from school so I can't afford what now....
Old 06-14-2016, 05:15 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by kron1024
Can afford it I can afford it what are u talking about I make my payments on time every month and still have 1210 to play around with... Don't assume
Cant afford to gix a bill of 5k, thinks he can afford a new car... haha just because you can make the car payment doesnt mean you can afford the car....

And wow a whole 1200, such a big baller lol...
Old 06-14-2016, 05:17 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by Spike100

Here is a pic
Before I got it welded on forgot I had it
Old 06-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Atl4s

Take care of your car, and you won't have to worry about it breaking down.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:21 PM
kron1024

Cant afford to gix a bill of 5k, thinks he can afford a new car... haha just because you can make the car payment doesnt mean you can afford the car....

And wow a whole 1200, such a big baller lol...
U must have missed the part where I said I was tired of a two seater... And yea ik it's not much but it's more then most people have left after paying bills unless they got a good job I only work weekends making 1500 a month and go to college Monday-Thursday. See idiots like u who think they know everything and try to be a smart *** and tough online are irrelevant to this world. But I'll let u keep trying to make yourself look cool and like u know everything cause only thing going to happen is the money I lay on the z is going to be paid on a diff car as well my payments are 403 a month for the z so a couple hundred more won't hurt me at all
Old 06-14-2016, 05:26 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by Atl4s
Take care of your car, and you won't have to worry about it breaking down.
Well I couldn't help the rust came from living close to the beach for years as well as that's where I bought it from n yea I should have paid more attention to the pothole could have avoided it if I was. With the part welded on I can drive it just there is a banging/rattling noise and it broke my old shock rigged it the noise stopped for 2 weeks did this just so k wouldn't miss class or work bought a new shock noise came back even my friend who owns a shop and works at Nissan couldn't figure out what it was
Old 06-14-2016, 05:28 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by kron1024
U must have missed the part where I said I was tired of a two seater... And yea ik it's not much but it's more then most people have left after paying bills unless they got a good job I only work weekends making 1500 a month and go to college Monday-Thursday. See idiots like u who think they know everything and try to be a smart *** and tough online are irrelevant to this world. But I'll let u keep trying to make yourself look cool and like u know everything cause only thing going to happen is the money I lay on the z is going to be paid on a diff car as well my payments are 403 a month for the z so a couple hundred more won't hurt me at all
First you never said you were tired of 2 seaters in your original post. Secondly, if you had to finance a 10(ish) year old car, you cant afford it. Thirdly, if you can afford to fix the car when its broken, then you cant afford it.

Youre right it doesnt make sense to keep pouring money into it, HOWEVER if makes even LESS sense to pay for a car youre not even driving. Like you said, the car still has money owed, and its not in ideal driving conditions, so either way looks like its crap.

So the way i see you, you have 2 option, both of which are finacial mistakes. First option, buy a beater and STILL pay on a car you cant drive. Might as well fix it and drive it.

Or option 2, cut you loss, yet again, and get a new car and once again be underwater even MORE. Either way, it seems you cant afford the car.

Theres a difference between being able to buy a car and being able to afford it. If you cant maintain/fix it, you cant afford it. Car ownership has more than just the payment.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:38 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

holy hell on the $400 a month car payment for a Z

My Z06 isn't much more than that
Old 06-14-2016, 05:38 PM
kron1024

First you never said you were tired of 2 seaters in your original post. Secondly, if you had to finance a 10(ish) year old car, you cant afford it. Thirdly, if you can afford to fix the car when its broken, then you cant afford it.

Youre right it doesnt make sense to keep pouring money into it, HOWEVER if makes even LESS sense to pay for a car youre not even driving. Like you said, the car still has money owed, and its not in ideal driving conditions, so either way looks like its crap.

So the way i see you, you have 2 option, both of which are finacial mistakes. First option, buy a beater and STILL pay on a car you cant drive. Might as well fix it and drive it.

Or option 2, cut you loss, yet again, and get a new car and once again be underwater even MORE. Either way, it seems you cant afford the car.

Theres a difference between being able to buy a car and being able to afford it. If you cant maintain/fix it, you cant afford it. Car ownership has more than just the payment.
Your right I didn't mention it in my original post my mistake I had mentioned it in a reply to someone else. And I could fix the car in October when I get my check for 5 grand but I'm tired of the car anyway so I'm buying a beater and trading it in and should have enough to cover the negative equity on the car if this makes more since from my other comments they might not have been clear enough basically I'll be starting all over vsfixing the car and still being upside down I owe 13 on the car which will go down a little maybe a grand or a little more the car is cosmetically in good shape well other then the rust which they can't see unless they lift up the car and take the tire off etc. me mechanically it's just the strut bushing and shock which I replaced last week that is bad of and the noise so most of if not all the negative equity will be covered
Old 06-14-2016, 05:39 PM
kron1024

Oh and I only financed it because I had no credit and was just starting out in the navy in late 2012 when I got it
Old 06-14-2016, 05:42 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by travlee
holy hell on the $400 a month car payment for a Z

My Z06 isn't much more than that
Yea Ikr it's actually 403.13 a month. I was so dumb to get it I made some dumb choices when I was in the navy I've gotten out of most of it except the car a credit card and a loan paid everything else off last year after I got out of the navy. Buy selling my two paid of bikes a 08 cbr600 and a 03 r1
Old 06-14-2016, 05:47 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

fix it the best ya can and dump it off. sucks you are having the issues
Old 06-14-2016, 05:49 PM
kron1024

Originally Posted by travlee
fix it the best ya can and dump it off. sucks you are having the issues
Yea that's what I plan on doing my friend that works at Nissan going to work on it for free to get it to where I can trade it in with out them noticing or hearing the noise

Quick Reply: Beginning to hate my 350z