Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Intermittent P0327 & P0345 CEL problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Wabajack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent P0327 & P0345 CEL problem

Hi My350z,

I am not new to these forums, but it is the first time I've ever registered and posted. I am having a very odd problem and would like some outside opinion on my 2003 350z w/ 87K miles.

Short backstory, I purchased the car in 2009 at a young age with liability insurance and thought I could drive it in the cold. The car lost traction and the passenger side slammed into a barrier. I spent 3600 and 2 years having a family friend's shop fix the body damage in spare time. The process to service and upgrade the car is still ongoing at this point.

However, periodically without real cause, the car will start with CEL, VCD, & SLIP lights all on and throw the codes P0327 and P0345. Originally, right after requiring the car it only threw P0345 - P0345 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 as far as I can recall. I replaced the sensor with an ebay one (not the best choice I'm aware) and the problem went away. However, about a week later the problem came back one morning while also throwing P0327 - P0327 Knock Sensor Circuit Low Input (Bank 1).

I have plans to put an OEM camshaft sensor in since I realize the price I paid is simply far too low to trust. I am about to purchase a new Knock sensor harness from Z1 motorsports since I understand pinching this is possible after work is done to the car. My real question is though, these two issues appear connected, but how is this possible? Electrical circuits and voltage is not a speciality of mine and the FSM portion of this might as well be in chinese.

Although I have searched, I cannot find anyone with this exact same problem. Any insight on what kind of electrical relationship these two sensors have and what I can do to test for correct voltage coming out of the harness to ensure it isn't a deeper problem than simply faulty sensors.

I should also note that the battery is brand new and I recently replaced the headunit with an aftermarket, if somehow that helps at all.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Wabajack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to garner at least a little bit of interest...here are a couple shots.
Yes the hood is aftermarket painted carbon fiber. The lights are 06+ stock HID

Fresh out the shop - 2 years later she has risen

About a week later on a night test drive