Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Good bye Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Key Of Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good bye Honda?

Hi all! I'll introduce myself. I'm Frank and I'm an s2000 owner for the last three years. I have an '03 and it's been a good car. I've always admired the Z ever since I drove a friend's 240 many years ago. On a whim, I stopped by a local Nissan dealer a few days ago and went for a test drive. I drove a base ad unfortunately it still had all the plastic wrap on the interior. A little noisy! I was very impressed to say the least. I'm seriously thinking about the touring model so they tried to locate one and there's not too many around. They have a Grand Touring in the showroom and it's drop-dead gorgeous! Silverstone ( like my S) with the burnt orange seats and m/t of course. The GT is a great package but really more than I'm looking for. Those Ray's wheels are unbelievable. The more I look at it the more I'm getting hooked. They're willing to do a deal around invoice at $34.5 or so.. XM radio side curtain air bags and a few small extras are in there already. I go back tomorrow (Monday) and if I can get close to what I want for the S, I don't see how I can turn this down. Seems like a fair deal from everything I can find online. Man, I can't believe I'm so close to doing this. I've had tons of fun with the Honda and the people I've gotten to know on s2ki are great.
You have a teriffic forum here as well. I've read quite a lot here and I'm extremely impressed with the level of conversation here along with so many helpful and knowledgable poeple. Very unusual for a "car" board. Sorry for the long winded post, and I'll see what's happening tomorrow.
Thanks!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:13 AM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hondas are awsome! hell i was at honda day yesterday at E-town, but let me tell you its something about the Z, you drive one and its over baby
Old 08-13-2006, 08:17 AM
rogery

Frank,

Just got my Z (JDM version ST maroon clr) this week, am also a convert from S2k ! Car is still fresh and only 120miles on it, cant really tell if I have made the right choice .

Only time will tell....

Roger
Old 08-13-2006, 08:24 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to go test drive another Z without the plastic wrap, because I think the interior will still make noise without the plastic wrap. Remember to test drive the car with no music on for a bit to see if you can handle the interior noise.

Originally Posted by Key Of Z
I drove a base ad unfortunately it still had all the plastic wrap on the interior.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:27 AM
JdMfREaK

Yo man i know it sucks to give it up...hondas what brought me in this beautiful street racing world....but no torque....lol hondas got sick mid range...and noting like slamming at 9's but you've stepped it up a notch...injoy in good health ...lol i no i do..i get in my *****...like i just bought it yesterday...and the response to mods is much greater...then an S Duce...Or any other honda...maybe not a K ...but keep it clean...
Old 08-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Key Of Z

Talking

Originally Posted by ZlleH
You might want to go test drive another Z without the plastic wrap, because I think the interior will still make noise without the plastic wrap. Remember to test drive the car with no music on for a bit to see if you can handle the interior noise.
ZlleH, Noise? I have as S2000 with an intake. You want to talk about noise?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:39 AM
jsupetran

Originally Posted by JdMfREaK
Yo man i know it sucks to give it up...hondas what brought me in this beautiful street racing world....but no torque....lol hondas got sick mid range...and noting like slamming at 9's but you've stepped it up a notch...injoy in good health ...lol i no i do..i get in my *****...like i just bought it yesterday...and the response to mods is much greater...then an S Duce...Or any other honda...maybe not a K ...but keep it clean...

i have no idea what he just said.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Hella

Go buy the Z......and welcome to the forum.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Hella

Originally Posted by jsupetran
i have no idea what he just said.
+1.........and the all bold is always nice.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

THREAD GANGSTA!!! What in the world did you just say?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:47 AM
rogery

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
THREAD GANGSTA!!! What in the world did you just say?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:55 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Old 08-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Key Of Z

Yeah, I'll have to take a pass on the street racing thing, but best of luck to you and, of course, everybody around you.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Morningglorie

Frank, you're looking at the coupe or the roadster?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Key Of Z

Wink

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
Frank, you're looking at the coupe or the roadster?
Coupe absolutely. I love the lines of the coupe. Besides, I've had all the top-down fun I can stand. Not to mention, I'm way over budget now. I'd really like to just pay for it cash the way I got my Honda. Hate those payments. I'll be broke again.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:41 AM
ct350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

frank , all i have to say is ever since i bought my z i haven't been happier. sexy car, fast, handles great, etc....i'm sure your going to be one satisfied customer after you buy one....enjoy homie!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Key Of Z

Thanks, Tany. I'm just looking for a little encouragement. Sometimes all you need is a little push. I love the car and like almost everyone else, I hate the thought of spending the cash.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:00 AM
krismax

Hi all! I'll introduce myself. I'm Frank and I'm an s2000 owner for the last three years. I have an '03 and it's been a good car. I've always admired the Z ever since I drove a friend's 240 many years ago. On a whim, I stopped by a local Nissan dealer a few days ago and went for a test drive. I drove a base ad unfortunately it still had all the plastic wrap on the interior. A little noisy! I was very impressed to say the least. I'm seriously thinking about the touring model so they tried to locate one and there's not too many around. They have a Grand Touring in the showroom and it's drop-dead gorgeous! Silverstone ( like my S) with the burnt orange seats and m/t of course. The GT is a great package but really more than I'm looking for. Those Ray's wheels are unbelievable. The more I look at it the more I'm getting hooked. They're willing to do a deal around invoice at $34.5 or so.. XM radio side curtain air bags and a few small extras are in there already. I go back tomorrow (Monday) and if I can get close to what I want for the S, I don't see how I can turn this down. Seems like a fair deal from everything I can find online. Man, I can't believe I'm so close to doing this. I've had tons of fun with the Honda and the people I've gotten to know on s2ki are great.
You have a teriffic forum here as well. I've read quite a lot here and I'm extremely impressed with the level of conversation here along with so many helpful and knowledgable poeple. Very unusual for a "car" board. Sorry for the long winded post, and I'll see what's happening tomorrow.
Thanks!
i wouldnt say this if it was earlier in the year but the 07 350z is out late 06 jan at the latest.

this car will have 7500rev limit dual TB's over 300HP ,i think 320 and it seems to be a much sportier engine. I woul;d wait the few months thats what iam doing
Old 08-13-2006, 10:09 AM
06Gcoupin

Thanks, Tany. I'm just looking for a little encouragement. Sometimes all you need is a little push. I love the car and like almost everyone else, I hate the thought of spending the cash.
Just think, every morning, your all ready for work. Even though your half asleep, you go into your garage and you grab hold of a very distinctive handle...You hear a door open, and in you climb. You close the door, and with passion you hear the sound of the window resealing after you, you look forward and you see beautiful gauges...As you push that left pedal in, you turn the key, and she comes alive. The sound of the VQ awakens, as that amazing exhaust is a melody....you grab hold of the steering wheel, and you feel the heritage...The Z.

ROFL WOW that was gay ...but hopefully its the push u need. This is what I felt, the morning after the purchase of my G...
Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Key Of Z

Originally Posted by 06Gcoupin
Just think, every morning, your all ready for work. Even though your half asleep, you go into your garage and you grab hold of a very distinctive handle...You hear a door open, and in you climb. You close the door, and with passion you hear the sound of the window resealing after you, you look forward and you see beautiful gauges...As you push that left pedal in, you turn the key, and she comes alive. The sound of the VQ awakens, as that amazing exhaust is a melody....you grab hold of the steering wheel, and you feel the heritage...The Z.

ROFL WOW that was gay ...but hopefully its the push u need. This is what I felt, the morning after the purchase of my G...
What? No music with that post??

Quick Reply: Good bye Honda?