MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   350Z Roadster (https://my350z.com/forum/350z-roadster-124/)
-   -   Convertible pics - sources say 1st delivery (https://my350z.com/forum/350z-roadster/18209-convertible-pics-sources-say-1st-delivery.html)

3rdZ4me 02-01-2003 03:54 PM

Convertible pics - sources say 1st delivery

OK I've checked on this three times and the dealer says they are one of the first to get the new convertible (it was their 3rd one) on this link.

3rdZ4me

Stone Z 02-01-2003 03:56 PM

I still think it's BS, but I've been wrong before.

The Convertible hasn't even been introduced to the public yet.....first public appearance will be in April at the NYC Auto Show.

UFO 02-01-2003 04:36 PM

Ditto. If the dealer has sold three convertibles ask him to show you the spec sheet, brochure, anything...to prove it. Also ask them to call you the next time they get one in so you can sit it in. :D

JmanZ 02-02-2003 12:47 AM

Your source is wrong. Flat out, no beating around the bush.

In that other thread, you claimed to have called the Nissan dealership in question. Well I too called, only I spoke with the manager of Buena Park Nissan. Jim is his name and he laughed when I told him of the claim. His dealership has not sold ONE Roadster, nor have the taken a deposit on one, nor have they seen any custom roadsters like the red one on the back of that flatbed.

Bottom line, your post was wrong. Sorry to be blunt, but you're posting false claims. You know, I looked at those photos .... how did you get a phone number for the trucking company again?

As it has been mentioned countless times on this board, it seems the odd person still isn't absorbing it so here we go one more time....

The 350Z Roadster will not be shown to the public until April of this year when it will debut in the New York Auto Show. It is expected to be available in dealerships approx. July area.

The FIRST photos will be shown APPROX. Feb 6th area. These images were JUST taken 2-3 days ago of the roadster. It will be very well hidden until the Auto show.... a month or so after that you can expect to start seeing a few of them around the country in the press fleet. Watch for the 562 plate.

We're all excited about the release of the roadster, and I do understand you're just trying to beat others to the punch... but you're about six months premature right now. There will not be a customer taking delivery until July area.

3rdZ4me 02-02-2003 06:19 AM

JmanZ,

I was hoping you'd jump in, as you for one could push them with details the rest of us don't have. I hadn't seen your update post of the 29th yet, so I didn't know you had posted recent info direct from Nissan.

BTW, business search engines such as superpages.com will allow you to search by category Automobile->Repair->towing and city Anaheim, then you just need to spend a little time looking through the list. Once you find the ZIP you can also search in a radius.

I called the dealer three times last night (Sat) and didn't ask for the same person on purpose so that I could see if I was getting a consistent story from multiple new car sales personnel. I ask them multiple questions - I even specifically ask them whether this was a custom job, how many they had received and they specifically told me they were one of the 1st dealers to get the new car. I posted the phone number so that others could pursue this further (which you did), I was hoping a So Cal forum member could go by and see if this was legit. My only reason for posting another link to the "custom" thread was to get other's to look at the thread with possible new information, not to be the first to post info about the new 350Z Convertible. The original thread shows I was researching info another member had already provided.

I am disappointed the sales team at this dealer was not communicating accurate information on three separate calls. Thanks for pursuing this further, which I was expecting forum members would do. And, I'm glad you jumped in to validate/invalidate with additional information.

3rdZ4me

3rdZ4me 02-02-2003 09:34 AM

Update...

Update. A subsequent try at uncovering this mystery may have turned up info that supports the custom theory. Posted on the link to the other thread (above).

3rdZ4me