MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   370Z Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/370z-exterior-and-interior-533/)
-   -   PICS FINALLY OUT!!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/370z-exterior-and-interior/395239-pics-finally-out.html)

Skorch 10-29-2008 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by barmy (Post 6489004)
my favorite 370z.. :thumbup:

PS'ed yellow, cleaned, black wheels, lowered:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/248...llowz34xl6.jpg

Awesome chop! Could you do one in white and black too plz?

aznmojo 10-29-2008 08:05 AM

The front picture is taken at a horrible angle that accentuates the front overhang way too much and not enough emphasis is placed on the width of the rear. I am sure its the angle, not the car. LOOK at the old pix...

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/phot...11471_8373.jpg

PA 19103 10-29-2008 08:06 AM

I see responses from both ends, I have to say I like it but not the WOW that I was looking for. The things is IMO, it looks a little messy, looks like Nissan was trying to do a little too much to it but on the other hand, it doesn't look that bad at all. As mentioned in the past, don't trust the pic entirely as they tend to distort. See it in person can make all the difference. Not to say the official specs are not even out yet.

I do believe a small audience here who do not like the look of it are perhaps the ones who love the Z33 and I don't blame you, there's nothing wrong with that and Z33 is a good looking car. I just think most of us are used to seeing Z33 for almost 6 years and this change might not sit well to some. Example, I really like the look of the G35 Coupe and I can honestly tell you I don't think I am sold for the look of the G37 Coupe. Change is good most of the time, Nissan tried hard to make its performance and technology better, no doubt, but I am just not so sure if the look of it follow. Then again, it might grow on me through time. I am going to wait for the specs and seeing it in person to make a better and more precise judgement.

racerbob4 10-29-2008 08:06 AM

Everyone is commenting on the looks of the car and missing some of the technical improvements that a racer appreciates. Things like a lighter car with an aluminum roof and possibly front and rear deck lids, optional paddle shifters, a shorter and narrower and lower car with about 15 to 18 more horsepower. It looks like they took some 2 or slightly more inches out of the body just rear of the doors. That little window past the door looks about that much smaller. Some pictures that i've seen show a front grill opening above the main lower grill makes me wonder if that might be air intake for a future or optional turbo, possibly twin turbo. Either way slap on some RPF1's with Kumho tires, bigger sway bars and springs, JRZ shocks, and a roll cage and we will find a spot for it in our garage for the 2009 season. I wish.

Kam350z 10-29-2008 08:07 AM

links werent working for me so I found another;

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/10...al-photos.html

madpanda 10-29-2008 08:10 AM

The rear view is nice, but the front just makes me want to puke.
Looks like I'll be keeping the 350 for a while.

Z MANIA 10-29-2008 08:14 AM

I'm sure that it will grow on me, just as the GT-R did... but for now IMO it's a no go. The hood to the windshield is too abrupt and from the top of the windshield to the rear too straight... thus ruining the lines that we have today with the Z33. It's almost as if the designers had two thoughts in mind.... 1. Make the front look more BMW Z4-ish, and the rear more Chrysler Crossfire-ish. Maybe in person it will look better, but it's not very photogenic.

KingBaby 10-29-2008 08:16 AM

ahahahahahahahahahaha.....

cramped

kicked in the ass

superior performaning 370z

keep it...

MI 35th 10-29-2008 08:18 AM

So 370Z TT, with Wide body and Sick ass wheels! Look for someone to have one of these at SEMA.

Kiriller 10-29-2008 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by PA 19103 (Post 6489123)
I see responses from both ends, I have to say I like it but not the WOW that I was looking for. The things is IMO, it looks a little messy, looks like Nissan was trying to do a little too much to it but on the other hand, it doesn't look that bad at all. As mentioned in the past, don't trust the pic entirely as they tend to distort. See it in person can make all the difference. Not to say the official specs are not even out yet.

I do believe a small audience here who do not like the look of it are perhaps the ones who love the Z33 and I don't blame you, there's nothing wrong with that and Z33 is a good looking car. I just think most of us are used to seeing Z33 for almost 6 years and this change might not sit well to some. Example, I really like the look of the G35 Coupe and I can honestly tell you I don't think I am sold for the look of the G37 Coupe. Change is good most of the time, Nissan tried hard to make its performance and technology better, no doubt, but I am just not so sure if the look of it follow. Then again, it might grow on me through time. I am going to wait for the specs and seeing it in person to make a better and more precise judgement.

Agree 100% with your g35/g37 and 350z/370z points.

gsazabi 10-29-2008 08:24 AM

This car DEFINITEY needsthe rear spoiler. WTF is that ugly ass hatch line about?
the car looks less than impressive in silver. Black or white will be the color to go for.

jdk504 10-29-2008 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Best color in my opinion =) (quick ps)

rockinbboy 10-29-2008 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by MikeRR (Post 6488338)
This version does not have navigation - so perhaps there will simply be two differerent interior trim packages.

totally agree. I don't like the high end trim version. I like the non-navi interior better.

BingPWR 10-29-2008 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by jdk504 (Post 6489218)
Best color in my opinion =) (quick ps)

:werd: Mine too

zstreet86 10-29-2008 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by racerbob4 (Post 6489126)
Everyone is commenting on the looks of the car and missing some of the technical improvements that a racer appreciates. Things like a lighter car with an aluminum roof and possibly front and rear deck lids, optional paddle shifters, a shorter and narrower and lower car with about 15 to 18 more horsepower. It looks like they took some 2 or slightly more inches out of the body just rear of the doors. That little window past the door looks about that much smaller. Some pictures that i've seen show a front grill opening above the main lower grill makes me wonder if that might be air intake for a future or optional turbo, possibly twin turbo. Either way slap on some RPF1's with Kumho tires, bigger sway bars and springs, JRZ shocks, and a roll cage and we will find a spot for it in our garage for the 2009 season. I wish.

i would definately be pissed if they came out with a turbo option after i bought an n/a model. they better not try to hide info such as this when they release the car!

sq40 10-29-2008 08:39 AM

This is a pretty typical response from car owners when a new model comes out, replacing a beloved model. I don’t think there is a single car forum I have been on, in all of my years on the web where this doesn’t happen. Its just natural.
So here is the process that the 370Z, as all new models will follow from the Enthusiast community;

1) New model is announced, speculation and excitement begins.

2) Small details are leaked, these are picked apart with a fine tooth comb and expectations are laid.

3) First firm details or full disclosure of the new model is made, new owners, hold outs and die-hards reject it off hand, former owners look forward to it as good time to go back to the brand, most split their opinion 50/50, good-bad.

4) New model hits the street, a few show up on the board and people start to get excited, as modifications are made to the new cars, people start to take notice. 60/40, good-bad.

5) New model is out for 6mo-1yr, A large mix of new owners make the old cars seem dated, opinion starts a rapid shift, the old cars sell for less and the new becomes a higher demand item. Option shifts to 80/20m good-bad.

6) Old model seems like ancient history, excitement is gone for the old car, with nostalgia taking over, 95% of owner/potential buyers and forum members prefer the new car and are looking forward to the “next” version of the car.

saturn 10-29-2008 08:40 AM

^ Haha, this is amazingly accurate.

The vast majority of people will barely be able to tell the difference between the 350Z and 370Z. They both look very similar relatively speaking, but the new one has more power and less weight. I'm glad many of you are happy with your purchases, but this car is going to sell like hotcakes even in this economy.

SniperHunter 10-29-2008 08:42 AM

Certain things I don't like:

Why are the heated seats slanted away from the driver?
Why is there one cup-holder?
Why is the left-most gauge still have a silver trim around it? It looks so stupid and out of place.

The exterior I'm still not fond of. The bulges on the headlights look dumb.
The fangs look dumb.
The front bumper, altogether looks weird.

highflyinkilla 10-29-2008 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by jinsei888 (Post 6489070)
z33 is now officially dated by the Z34. end.

How do you figure? Its basically a smaller uglier version of the 350z. Not a redesign that could make the 350z look dated.

trebien 10-29-2008 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by marques1 (Post 6488992)
how in the hell would you put a spoiler on the trunk lid. The trunk lid already looks super high and if you put a spoiler on it, it will look weird.

Actually, it looks better with the spoiler... due to the downward sloping hatch, just like on a 911.

The German "mule" had a spoiler, and it really finished off the rear.

As for it being smaller (5"), that's a good thing. It needed to go smaller/lighter... find it's sports car roots again. If you want bigger and more room, get a G37... more of a Grand Tourer. If you want a sports car, then the 370Z is more in line with that, and it needs to be.

The Z should never be a GT car... that's what the G37 is for.

ZZtopp 10-29-2008 08:49 AM

It will probably look better in person, but overall, I think the 350Z is much cleaner, timeless design.

This thing just doesn't flow as a whole...there's something very awkward about it. The drooping lower window line looks awful in the front 3/4 view. The wacky head and tail lights, the rear hatch and deck.....it's all just a bit silly and hardly the eye-popping design breakthrough the 350Z was in it's debut.

Again, these are only just a couple of photos, and it may look much better in the flesh.

graider 10-29-2008 08:51 AM

i think it looks hot both interior/exterior.

PA 19103 10-29-2008 08:54 AM

What I want to know is what does the right button do in front of the shifter. I see the left one is the emergency flasher, but what about the right?:dunno:

Go to this link and click on the interior down arrow button to get the high res pic:
http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=610&mid=1

aznguy370z 10-29-2008 08:56 AM

:+1:

Originally Posted by aznmojo (Post 6489119)
The front picture is taken at a horrible angle that accentuates the front overhang way too much and not enough emphasis is placed on the width of the rear. I am sure its the angle, not the car. LOOK at the old pix...

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/phot...11471_8373.jpg

aznguy370z 10-29-2008 09:00 AM

Lol this is so true. In 6 years 370z owners will ***** about the 380z.

Originally Posted by sq40 (Post 6489285)
This is a pretty typical response from car owners when a new model comes out, replacing a beloved model. I don’t think there is a single car forum I have been on, in all of my years on the web where this doesn’t happen. Its just natural.
So here is the process that the 370Z, as all new models will follow from the Enthusiast community;

2) Small details are leaked, these are picked apart with a fine tooth comb and expectations are laid.

3) First firm details or full disclosure of the new model is made, new owners, hold outs and die-hards reject it off hand, former owners look forward to it as good time to go back to the brand, most split their opinion 50/50, good-bad.

4) New model hits the street, a few show up on the board and people start to get excited, as modifications are made to the new cars, people start to take notice. 60/40, good-bad.

5) New model is out for 6mo-1yr, A large mix of new owners make the old cars seem dated, opinion starts a rapid shift, the old cars sell for less and the new becomes a higher demand item. Option shifts to 80/20m good-bad.

6) Old model seems like ancient history, excitement is gone for the old car, with nostalgia taking over, 95% of owner/potential buyers and forum members prefer the new car and are looking forward to the “next” version of the car.

OldDirty Z33 10-29-2008 09:02 AM

yellow =pure sex

Waiz 10-29-2008 09:07 AM

This is exactly what I saw during the focus group..

I love the interior, exterior is ok, but I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

SniperHunter 10-29-2008 09:08 AM

I was just told that the first Zs will arrive in Early 2009. Source said in about 8-10 weeks. That's insane.

Edit: Just got an email from Electronic Arts too promoting Need for Speed: Underground: "Get Behind the Wheel of the all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z Eight Weeks Before the Car Hits Dealerships"

Wow.

NFS: Underground comes out November 15th. So we're looking at a mid-Jan/February 2009 launch for the car.

Jonathan Allyn 10-29-2008 09:09 AM

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...0zrear.img.jpg

reminds me of a saturn sky from the back...

350z2go 10-29-2008 09:10 AM

i like it!

jammin 10-29-2008 09:10 AM

yuckzors at rear lights....

Blck350z 10-29-2008 09:11 AM

I think it kinda looks like the Z4 hard top version...... http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

??? it doesn't look bad...and if the pics are accurate the interior is def an upgrade...(More touring/luxury than track-ish ) but the Z33 design was timeless.... i'm not upgrading!!!!

kacz07 10-29-2008 09:19 AM

Went to the Nissan dealership two days ago to talk about trading in my 350z...supposedly this car will be available NOV/DEC in CA, AZ, and some other places, but not til Feb/Mar in the NJ/NY/PA tri state area.

300zx1985 10-29-2008 09:21 AM

Looks pretty good to me.... I still think the z33 looks better though.

NISMO_558 10-29-2008 09:25 AM

It looks o.k. I dont hate it, I dont like it. I'm just curious what the NISMO version is going to look like.

Frostydc4 10-29-2008 09:26 AM

I like it. I just hope Nissan was able to lighten the car.

<------------------Waiting on the specs to decide whether to buy or not.

zettahertz 10-29-2008 09:27 AM

yup, I agree. I like my car's exterior design better...

marques1 10-29-2008 09:28 AM

you better hope nissan was able to lighten the car. I don't know how much weight they could have saved though with that upgraded interior material we will see soon.

trebien 10-29-2008 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Frostydc4 (Post 6489502)
I like it. I just hope Nissan was able to lighten the car.

<------------------Waiting on the specs to decide whether to buy or not.

Yep. I'm deciding between a few options in the next 3 months.

Basically, if this car is around 3200 pounds (touring/optioned model), then it's in the running. Otherwise, it's not...

I have 5 thoughts:

1. The door lock integrated into the handle? Yuk.

2. Looks like a floor-mounted accelerator pedal.

3. Seat-mounted seat controls. Really? After the G35 issues? I'm surprised.

4. Can't believe the pic was released, with the driver seat bolster already so worn/wrinkled.

5. At night, you'll be glad the 3 center pods (in your field of vision) are backlit orange instead of white.

marques1 10-29-2008 09:34 AM

doesnt a base 350z get pretty close to 3200lbs. I would think this car would have to come in under 3200 for it to be a hell of a deal.

zed-er 10-29-2008 09:39 AM

I like the car. I think the silhouette is reminiscent of the 240, the GT-R and still recalls the current 350Z, but gives a modern, updated take on those influences. I like the shorter wheelbase, as it reminds me of the 240Z a whole lot. I think the roofline, along with the 240Z styling cues, are both modern and retro simultaneously, if that could be possible.

I agree that some of the shapes used in the interior are a little disjointed. I think if they used the three round controls for the AC in the lower portion of the dash, it would help to echo the three gauges on top of the center stack. That might help add some cohesion to the interior design. Still, the quality of materials used in the interior seems to be a vast improvement.

I still want to see a clear shot of the luggage compartment in the rear. I need to see just how much (little) space is available. I applaud Nissan for giving the old heave ho to the current Z's bulkhead/glovebox/subwoofer directly behind the seats. That old design cut too deeply into luggage capacity and was inefficient. I need to carry a couple of guitars and an amp in the back. Occupational complication: No can carry guitars and amp - no can buy car.

It really comes down to how the car performs. I remain hopeful that the 370's performance will be a marked improvement over the current car. I'd like to see enough of a horsepower boost to make the car competitive with the Cayman S. If the new car's brakes are as stupendous as a previous poster says, and the suspension is firm enough, but not too firm, Nissan will have a winner on their hands.

Can't wait to see it at the LA Show and to take it for s test drive.

zed-er

Skorch 10-29-2008 09:45 AM

Someone PLZ chop the pics in white and black.

PA 19103 10-29-2008 09:45 AM

I just know I won't get one if they don't make the car lighter despite more power. This is the very reason I didn't get a G37 Coupe, it weights more than 3600 lbs.

pearl350zzz 10-29-2008 09:58 AM

I feel sorry for 08 350z owners....

I think it looks great overall

scrapser 10-29-2008 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by sq40 (Post 6489285)

Yes, most people fall in the middle of the bell curve and follow the path you've outlined. But as for me, I'm one of those at the extreme. I either adopt early or never because the car (or any other product for that matter) either hits me or it doesn't. The 370Z doesn't.

It's not about letting it grow on me. There are things about the car that I could never accept. One glaring example is putting the subwoofer in the floor in the back. What genious thought up that one? What do you do with luggage on long trips?

Some things I can control which voids the adoption issue altogether (for example, I build my own computer every couple years to get exactly what I want). But I would never buy a new car and immediately start "fixing" it which is what would be necessary with this car. Some people are already stating they will buy the car and replace the front bumper with a mod. Others are asking if the 350Z lights can be retro-fitted.

The only people who will accept this car "off the rack" are going to be newbies for the most part. They have nothing to compare it with.

My 350Z will outlive the 370Z assuming the next generation will come in 5 years. And "if" there's another generation down the road designed from the ground up that hits me right or "if" Nissan fixes the 370Z's shortcomings, then I will seriously consider getting one.

I've had my car for over 2.5 years and to this day I still get compliments from strangers nearly every time I take it out. And it's stock! To me, that's priceless.

bigdog1250 10-29-2008 10:06 AM

There is now a REAL glove box up front if you look closely! This interior looks very sexy. And I'm digging the digital gauge on the left telling you all the info on gas and what not. Nissan has done well.

Jonny Boy 10-29-2008 10:07 AM

I dont like how the guages in the center are raised so much. I am sure I am going to love the new 370 in person, but I am kinda dissapointed how the overall car doesnt seem to flow as nice as the current Z.

skaterbasist 10-29-2008 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by trebien (Post 6489519)
3. Seat-mounted seat controls. Really? After the G35 issues? I'm surprised.

What's this "issue" you speak of? I've had my 06 Coupe for 2 years and its never given me a problem. I've been on g35driver.com for almost 3 years and I don't think I've ever heard of an "issue" with this function.

bigdog1250 10-29-2008 10:11 AM

Check out the video for the Z in the new NFS:
http://www.nissannews.com/video/asse...60px&width=320

Zexy 10-29-2008 10:15 AM

Ugh.. I'm so done with Zs. :(

Looks good .. And cramped. But that front bumper is ugly.