MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Body, Interior, Exterior & Lighting (DIY) (https://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy-460/)
-   -   Rear Wiper Removal (with pictures!) (https://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/237220-rear-wiper-removal-with-pictures.html)

z_luver 07-07-2008 10:45 AM

excellent writeup!

i'll remove my wiper sometime this week

eze-edsel 07-07-2008 11:07 AM

how has it handeled the rain thus far? an leaks? I only ask because I am going to install a carbonfiber deck and I do not want the rear wiper blade installed on it, but a was told most of them leak with a stopper. please let me know the update.

WhiskeyHotel 07-07-2008 12:32 PM

I have had mine done with a "stopper" now for at least a year and have had no leaks at all.

cantfindaname 07-07-2008 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by eze-edsel
how has it handeled the rain thus far? an leaks? I only ask because I am going to install a carbonfiber deck and I do not want the rear wiper blade installed on it, but a was told most of them leak with a stopper. please let me know the update.

Did a water test 2 hours after applying the silicone. No leaks. Washed the car 1 hour later. Still no leaks. 10 hours later, God himself decided to give it a test. Still no leaks.

Just make sure you treat the underside of the hatch with plenty of silicone. Thats pretty much the most important part.

tonyrd1 07-07-2008 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by sekret
went to lowes, they had one size which looked just like the thread starters, it was in the plumbing section near the faucet and sink attachments.

Thanks a lot, i found it but that plug is huge though.

eze-edsel 07-08-2008 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by cantfindaname
Did a water test 2 hours after applying the silicone. No leaks. Washed the car 1 hour later. Still no leaks. 10 hours later, God himself decided to give it a test. Still no leaks.

Just make sure you treat the underside of the hatch with plenty of silicone. Thats pretty much the most important part.

okay great thanks! now I need to find a piece of carbon fiber to place on top of the cap.

got556 07-09-2008 03:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just got done doing this mod. Love it. I painted the plug which matches pretty damn well using factory KY0 and clearcoat.

Anyways...onto the pics. Very cheap and easy install.

btw...car is filthy!!! Sorry!

Attachment 413445

Attachment 413446

Attachment 413447

Attachment 413448

hubcityz 07-09-2008 03:23 PM

I Removed My Rear Wiper Six Or Seven Months Ago, I Used A Black Door Plug From Tahoe That My Buddy Was Doing A Radio Install On At His Stereo Shop. It Fit Like A Dream, No Modifying Needed. The Tahoe Was Like An 04-03 And The Part Was Not Even Missed By The Owner Its A Little Dust Plug

tonyrd1 07-09-2008 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by eze-edsel
okay great thanks! now I need to find a piece of carbon fiber to place on top of the cap.

Let me know if you find any CF piece that can go on top of it. I was going to send my out to member here to get it wrap with CF but he doesnt do that anymore:(

2TH PWR 07-10-2008 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by hubcityz
I Removed My Rear Wiper Six Or Seven Months Ago, I Used A Black Door Plug From Tahoe That My Buddy Was Doing A Radio Install On At His Stereo Shop. It Fit Like A Dream, No Modifying Needed. The Tahoe Was Like An 04-03 And The Part Was Not Even Missed By The Owner Its A Little Dust Plug

Are you talking about one of those little covers that goes on the front or rear bumper?

So it sounds like, you went to your buddies shop. You noticed one of the plugs in the bumper. You thought "that will look tight on my ride". You said to your buddy "yo, you mind if I pop this off and stick it on my car". Your buddy replied "naw, the owner'll never miss it". Then you proceeded to punch it out of the Tahoe and put it on your car.
True?

:ugh2: :ugh2: :ugh2:

eze-edsel 07-11-2008 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by tonyrd1
Let me know if you find any CF piece that can go on top of it. I was going to send my out to member here to get it wrap with CF but he doesnt do that anymore:(

sure will. and if you come across anything please pass the info my way.

eze-edsel 07-11-2008 06:41 AM

I plan on using this method on the rear wiper but I am installing a carbon fiber deck and I dont want to put the nissan hamburger on. So are there any good plugs to use for the two small holes that are pre-drilled for the nissan hamburger?

eze-edsel 07-11-2008 06:51 AM

tonyrd1- I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LARGE...mZ220254633156

if you want to go in on it let me know.

C5TT 07-12-2008 10:21 AM

PAUL350Z, i wanna thank you for making this a very easy mod for me, it only took $2 and about 10 minutes, thanks alot....:thumbup:

tally350z 07-28-2008 02:20 PM

Nice Write up.. Just did mine and it took about 15 minutes.. it balances the car well without the wiper.

Germanguy 09-24-2008 03:57 AM

I dont get this f++++++ squirter out..

j.arnaldo 09-24-2008 04:53 AM

Now WHY would you guys wanna do that??? Maybe it's the weather down here, but my rear wiper is a super plus in my Zed! Perhaps it's my age (59); "expediency over form" set in a long time ago, in my life. Practicality over image, dudes!!!

hubcityz 10-06-2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR (Post 6021196)
Are you talking about one of those little covers that goes on the front or rear bumper?

So it sounds like, you went to your buddies shop. You noticed one of the plugs in the bumper. You thought "that will look tight on my ride". You said to your buddy "yo, you mind if I pop this off and stick it on my car". Your buddy replied "naw, the owner'll never miss it". Then you proceeded to punch it out of the Tahoe and put it on your car.
True?

:ugh2: :ugh2: :ugh2:

i just read your msg and that sounds like exactly what happened, you must have been watchin. lol but yeah that someone would never see it missing :werd:

Entaille 10-07-2008 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo (Post 6339292)
Now WHY would you guys wanna do that??? Maybe it's the weather down here, but my rear wiper is a super plus in my Zed! Perhaps it's my age (59); "expediency over form" set in a long time ago, in my life. Practicality over image, dudes!!!

this is my first car with a rear wiper, and honestly its kind of useless. It only gets half of the window, and its angled enough that the water will just run off it if you keep it rainx'ed.. :/

Cide 12-02-2008 01:01 PM

how big is this stopper? i went to a home depot and all i could find where these 1 3/4 one which kinda looked to big to me....Help im super bored and looking to do this today :)