MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   How low is your Z for dailying? (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/615636-how-low-is-your-z-for-dailying.html)

awebber 05-01-2017 05:17 PM

How low is your Z for dailying?

So my Z isn't exactly my daily, I don't drive it in the winter and on uglyier days. Anyways, for my fellow Z brothers, how low is your car that you drive on regular roads? I live in PA so some of the roads are shitty but that's common where they have snow and salt. I have a buddy willing to sell me his BC coils for $300 and I'm thinking of taking the offer. Got 19" wheels and was thinking of doing like a 1-1.5" drop up front and maybe 2" in the rear? Didn't think about it too much yet but just wanted to know how low you guys think you can lower the Z while keeping its practicality. Thanks guys!

Corvett z07 05-02-2017 05:40 AM

I'm relatively new here but have been driving on about a 1" drop for a little over a month now. It fits me well, been able to keep my rear toe near zero albeit rear camber is between -2 and -2.5 degrees. A 2" drop in the rear is a solid drop. You'll be able to play with drop heights on coilovers though, but I feel like that rear drop is going to be a lot for a daily

awebber 05-02-2017 05:57 AM

Thanks man. Yeah I actually didnt think about the rear too much as im worried more about the front and being able to turn the wheels full lock if need be. I know it seems a little funny to get coils for just a 1" drop but they are a great price and at least I can play around with it like you said.

jdmfetish 05-02-2017 07:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
2.5" drop
19" wheels
35 series tires

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34...pslzglfepq.jpg

Attachment 382393

Attachment 382394

Attachment 382395

Attachment 382396

MicVelo 05-02-2017 07:45 AM

If you lower it as much as you say, figure on adding adjustable alignment gear FUCA, rear camber arms, toe arms (repl. spring buckets for true c/o's). ~$500 at the low end, a grand at the high end.

awebber 05-02-2017 08:24 AM

That looks amazing! You get around okay?

awebber 05-02-2017 08:25 AM

Definitely. I don't want to stress the car and I want my tires to ware as normal as I can. Might just snag the coils now and wait a while to put them on. Just to have them

Originally Posted by MicVelo (Post 10882905)
If you lower it as much as you say, figure on adding adjustable alignment gear FUCA, rear camber arms, toe arms (repl. spring buckets for true c/o's). ~$500 at the low end, a grand at the high end.

jdmfetish 05-02-2017 08:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Scrapes going in and out of my driveway ( its inclined ) , but only on the spoilers , and can only be seen on the bottom of the spoilers not the top or sides. If you want to lower it this much and stay in factory alignment spec, FUCA, RCA, RTA, my coils are true not OEM so RTL as well. Also you will need new adjustable sway bar end links front and rear, or you will go thru OEM end links constantly.

Attachment 382391

Attachment 382392

awebber 05-02-2017 08:52 AM

Thanks for the info man, the support mods really add up

Originally Posted by jdmfetish (Post 10882926)
Scrapes going in and out of my driveway ( its inclined ) , but only on the spoilers , and can only be seen on the bottom of the spoilers not the top or sides. If you want to lower it this much and stay in factory alignment spec, FUCA, RCA, RTA, my coils are true not OEM so RTL as well. Also you will need new adjustable sway bar end links front and rear, or you will go thru OEM end links constantly.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3...psqfvwp9jk.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3...psrjh2idte.jpg

jdmfetish 05-02-2017 09:06 AM

indeed

maybe do .75" / 1" get a set of swift lowering springs , koni or bilstein shocks

have them align as best they can

call it a day

awebber 05-02-2017 10:09 AM

Yeah I thought about springs from time to time but i know BC coils are better for the car and will probably be of better quality.For the supporting mods, are they easy to install by yourself or is something you may want to get professionally installed. If you have to have them at proper settings and everything maybe it is something I would have done for me. Getting the BC coils for $300 should definitely give me more to play with.

Atreyu'z 350 05-02-2017 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by awebber (Post 10882797)
So my Z isn't exactly my daily, I don't drive it in the winter and on uglyier days. Anyways, for my fellow Z brothers, how low is your car that you drive on regular roads? I live in PA so some of the roads are shitty but that's common where they have snow and salt. I have a buddy willing to sell me his BC coils for $300 and I'm thinking of taking the offer. Got 19" wheels and was thinking of doing like a 1-1.5" drop up front and maybe 2" in the rear? Didn't think about it too much yet but just wanted to know how low you guys think you can lower the Z while keeping its practicality. Thanks guys!

Heyyy, what's up, PA brother. What city are you from? I'm in Reading at the moment. And yeah, they salt the hell outta these roads and I hate it. And, yeah, I daily drive my Z by choice. I also have a Jeep Liberty and a BMW 420i, but they're not as fun :icon44: But anyway, as far as suspension, I plan on going with Bilstein. I don't want to go too low, maybe 1'' to 1.5''. I want to preserve the sports car functionality of the car.

-Matt

CJM 05-02-2017 10:39 AM

I too live in PA and had very little issues with this bumper and ride height back when I had coilovers. I would very rarely not be able to get into a driveway or over a speedbump. 19s, 35 sidewall

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....7d8566b92d.jpg

awebber 05-02-2017 11:41 AM

Aweseom Z man. Glad to hear the PA Zs can handle being dropped a bit!

awebber 05-02-2017 11:44 AM

Sup man im from Robesonia and went to RACC for college haha. Currently living in Allentown now! That drop sounds pretty ideal to me too and those are some nice alternatives for bad weather! I got my 5spd cobalt ls for the bad days haha

awebber 05-18-2017 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MicVelo (Post 10882905)

Thanks for your input. I know this is a couple weeks old but I finally got around to picking up the coils yesterday. They look really good except for one lower lock ring that I want to replace. Could you tell me what FUCA stands for? :bowrofl:

Is that Front Upper Control Arms? hahahah. Also, would I not need the repl. spring buckets because I dont have true coils? Its still going to be a bit till I put them on but Im thinking Im going to do over an inch drop all the way around so I should definitely know what everything is that I will need hahaha

jdmfetish 05-19-2017 05:18 AM

front upper control arms = FUCA

terrasmak 05-20-2017 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by awebber (Post 10883000)
Yeah I thought about springs from time to time but i know BC coils are better for the car and will probably be of better quality.For the supporting mods, are they easy to install by yourself or is something you may want to get professionally installed. If you have to have them at proper settings and everything maybe it is something I would have done for me. Getting the BC coils for $300 should definitely give me more to play with.

BC is not better for the car, the damper is maybe almost equally to a tokico blue, but offer 32 adjustments of erratic damper control. The only advantage BC has is the ability to fine tune the ride height fit the perfect look.