MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Buying/Leasing (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing-396/)
-   -   Helps me negociate (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing/201939-helps-me-negociate.html)

jondimellow 08-01-2006 07:20 PM

i got mine for 100 over invoice rite about this time last year (05 bought in early august), you just gota go somewhere that is hungry.

ask for invoice, then when they tell u that they need to make money, tell them about dealer invoice. then say 100 over invoice. then walk out. dealer knows when u walk out, u don't come back. my friend bought his 06 G coupe (last april) for 50 bucks over invoice, and he even ordered it fit to his specifications. have fun with it.

but if ure really good, i know a guy that got his z for 500 below invoice, which is around dealer holdback.

also, if they are rude to u, tell them u know CSI (car service index) that is how JD power ranks manufactures. My friend that is a sales person says that if a sales person get 3 negitive comments..... well, u get the picture.

evolved326 08-01-2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jondimellow
i got mine for 100 over invoice rite about this time last year (05 bought in early august), you just gota go somewhere that is hungry.

ask for invoice, then when they tell u that they need to make money, tell them about dealer invoice. then say 100 over invoice. then walk out. dealer knows when u walk out, u don't come back. my friend bought his 06 G coupe (last april) for 50 bucks over invoice, and he even ordered it fit to his specifications. have fun with it.

but if ure really good, i know a guy that got his z for 500 below invoice, which is around dealer holdback.

also, if they are rude to u, tell them u know CSI (car service index) that is how JD power ranks manufactures. My friend that is a sales person says that if a sales person get 3 negitive comments..... well, u get the picture.

great tips about CSI, thanks! the salesguy actually offerd me 100 over invoice the day of my test drive. dont know why I am still not buying. Must be that thing itching inside me to see what the 07 is all about...

Wired 24/7 08-02-2006 12:44 AM

While a bunch of people are willing to sweat it out, stay at the dealership for hours, and haggle to MAYBE get $300 over invoice, I had a zero haggle experience and got the car for $500 over invoice just by using costcoauto.com .

Within minutes a dealer called me, asked me what I wanted, found my car, had it shipped to their dealership, held it for me a few days, and then I went in and did the paperwork in 45 minutes.

I would say all that hassle and haggle saved was worth the $200 it may have cost me.

John@Victory 08-02-2006 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by jondimellow

your friend doesnt know what he is talking about.

RockerNJ 08-02-2006 03:15 AM

John, Check your work email :)

Thanks!

n8236 08-02-2006 04:34 AM

Damn, someone beat me to the "negotiate." :D

Bottom line: Nothing more than 500 over invoice.

M-V 08-02-2006 09:10 AM

You can get under invoice in cali np. I got my 06 enth for 300 under invoice in feb,and that was on the first offer from the internet sales team. Lets just say the dealer is in durate.

Wired 24/7 08-02-2006 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by M-V
You can get under invoice in cali np. I got my 06 enth for 300 under invoice in feb,and that was on the first offer from the internet sales team. Lets just say the dealer is in durate.

I wouldn't say "no problem" but yes it can be done. Most internet managers offer around $500 over invoice anyway, but some want more $$ if the car you want is not on their lot.

Also, it depends on supply vs. demand (obviously).

If there's only a few of that model left in the state, they are not going to give it away for under invoice.

M-V 08-02-2006 02:03 PM

Actually during january i couldnt find a ppw 06 enth in manual in the state of california. I had a few dealers asking if i wanted one shipped in from i think it was ohio. But performance, told me they had one coming in soon so i just waited a few weeks. I already had the price set at 300 under invoice, i just went in when the car arrived and was out in 30 minutes. I would recommend the internet/fleet guys at performance they took good care of me.

myZter 08-02-2006 02:12 PM

touring 32k out the door i know 1 person here got it and one of my friend got it for that but it is up to the dealer. wait for 07