Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Helps me negociate

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 PM
evolved326

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Helps me negociate

I am almost ready to start negociating on my 2006 Z! I read somewhere here that if I post MSRPs you guys can help me with the negociating price. Well here thay are.. (of course I want the touring if the price is right)

Base: msrp - 28605 / invoice - 26714
Enth: msrp - 30305 / invoice - 27998
Touring: msrp - 33405 / invoice - 30868

I REALLY want the touring! Is it possible to get it down to around 28500+TTL?
All prices are per EDMUNDS. The extra equipment for all of them are the basic floor mats cargo net thing and the kick plates. Please tell me how to get the Touring down to 28500 so I can have my SS with the orange leather!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:04 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is no secret about getting a reasonable deal on a 350Z. The problem is that reasonable in Baltimore may not be reasonable in California. There are many variables such as turnover time and volume.

You quoted a generic MSRP from Edmunds. Very difficult to work with. Find the car you want and post the MSRP.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
evolved326

Originally Posted by davidv

There is no secret about getting a reasonable deal on a 350Z. The problem is that reasonable in Baltimore may not be reasonable in California. There are many variables such as turnover time and volume.

You quoted a generic MSRP from Edmunds. Very difficult to work with. Find the car you want and post the MSRP.
Well after going to the dealer and seeing the base, I went on edmunds and equiped it the same and it came out to be the same price. So for my area, Edmunds, for the most part, is accurate.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:46 AM
clearsector

I got my touring from cali for $30400.. invoice was $31200
Try performance nissan in Duarte.. they have real bottom line pricing with no BS
I highly doubt you can get a touring for 28k, but you can always try!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:45 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by evolved326
Well after going to the dealer and seeing the base, I went on edmunds and equiped it the same and it came out to be the same price. So for my area, Edmunds, for the most part, is accurate.

Offer $30,453.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
evolved326

Offer $30,453.
Well the one they have is:

2006 Z{ TOURING 2DR 6-SPD
SILVERSTONE, BURNT ORANGE

ALUM KICK PLATE
CARGO CONV PKG
FLOOR MATS
SIDE AIRBAGS
SPLASH GUARDS

Retail: $ 34165
Your Price: $ 31611 + FEES

I guess becausse the airbags. What should I offer?

Doesnt look good, The reason I wanted the Z was because it was such a good deal! But now I am entering TL and 325 territorry again (which were my first 2 choices). Might have to go with the base or Enth..
Old 07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
davidv

Well the one they have is:

2006 Z{ TOURING 2DR 6-SPD
SILVERSTONE, BURNT ORANGE

ALUM KICK PLATE
CARGO CONV PKG
FLOOR MATS
SIDE AIRBAGS
SPLASH GUARDS

Retail: $ 34165
Your Price: $ 31611 + FEES

I guess becausse the airbags. What should I offer?

Doesnt look good, The reason I wanted the Z was because it was such a good deal! But now I am entering TL and 325 territorry again (which were my first 2 choices). Might have to go with the base or Enth..
Offer $31,144.

Last edited by davidv; 07-06-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:38 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's negotiate.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Metatron

I talked to my friend about this recently as well, being as how I too will be in the market soon. If you want the best deal you may want to find a dealer you don't like much... because they sure won't like you much after this. Anyway, John use to work at a Lexus and Ferrari dealer and this is how people were able to get sweet deals out of him.. Go in on the last day of the month. Sounds really simple, but sales people have quotas to fill. So they're much more likely to go down in price.
If you really want to screw them over, without knowing at first, go in on say the 26th, and make sure they know you are really interested. Set up an appointment for something that doesn't seem too late on the last day of the month, but kind of is. Like 3pm. Then on that day call at 2:30, tell the guy you're running late and you'll be there, you're really sorry. Call back at 4:30 and say you're still on your way, had to take care of the dog or something... blah blah blah. When you finally get there, close to closing time, they'll just want to make that last sale of the month. Skip all the crap. Best part is, even if they met they're quota, that's bonus time, so no matter what they'll want to get you in a car. You do it that way and you've cleared their whole day, making it so they wouldn't help other customers when they could have thinking you'd be there.
Kind of messed up, but if you need a deal, try it.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:31 AM
duc996

Originally Posted by Metatron
I talked to my friend about this recently as well, being as how I too will be in the market soon. If you want the best deal you may want to find a dealer you don't like much... because they sure won't like you much after this. Anyway, John use to work at a Lexus and Ferrari dealer and this is how people were able to get sweet deals out of him.. Go in on the last day of the month. Sounds really simple, but sales people have quotas to fill. So they're much more likely to go down in price.
If you really want to screw them over, without knowing at first, go in on say the 26th, and make sure they know you are really interested. Set up an appointment for something that doesn't seem too late on the last day of the month, but kind of is. Like 3pm. Then on that day call at 2:30, tell the guy you're running late and you'll be there, you're really sorry. Call back at 4:30 and say you're still on your way, had to take care of the dog or something... blah blah blah. When you finally get there, close to closing time, they'll just want to make that last sale of the month. Skip all the crap. Best part is, even if they met they're quota, that's bonus time, so no matter what they'll want to get you in a car. You do it that way and you've cleared their whole day, making it so they wouldn't help other customers when they could have thinking you'd be there.
Kind of messed up, but if you need a deal, try it.
That’s ignorant; most sales people make appointments and still take incoming customers. The money is with whoever is on the lot and not the mind deal that might come in. The only person that will work on is someone who is green to the store.

In actuality if you go in on a Saturday morning and you’re the 1st customer of the day, you'll probably get a better deal because a lot of dealerships with put on a bonus for the 1st car that's sold. If you go in at the end of the month and have a salesperson who's already made his money and isn't going to make anything but a minimum deal he's not as willing to work the deal because he wants to go home and spend time with his family instead of f#$%ing with you.

Last edited by duc996; 07-29-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:59 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by duc996
That’s ignorant; most sales people make appointments and still take incoming customers. The money is whoever is on the lot and not the mind deal that might come in. The only person that will work on is someone who is green to the store.

In actuality if you go in on a Saturday morning and you’re the 1st customer of the day, you'll probably get a better deal because a lot of dealerships with put on a bonus for the 1st car that's sold. If you go in at the end of the month and have a salesperson who's already made his money and isn't going to make anything but a minimum deal he's not as willing to work the deal because he wants to go home and spend time with his family instead of f#$%ing with you.
Bingo!

also keep in mind internet and fleet managers are going to save you a but load of time , and alot less negotiating. most dealerships go at a straight 300 over invoice with the first offer to you. so you engotiate a couple hundred and not a couple of thousand dollars. will save you alot of time
Old 07-29-2006, 11:10 AM
3FITTTY

start what?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:16 AM
davidv

Question

Offer $31,144.
Did you offer $31,144? What happened?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Spoiled Z

28K + TTT thats I doubt you can get it that low.... I got mine 200 above invoice and I thought that was a really good deal. Supposed to be 300 over invoice but they made a boo boo along the way yes!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:07 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Enthusiast; best buy of bunch & you can get for $28 K or less. Touring only has a few more gizmos than Enthusiast. On e of those Gizmos is Bose system. easy to upgrade that later.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Metatron

Originally Posted by duc996
That’s ignorant; most sales people make appointments and still take incoming customers. The money is with whoever is on the lot and not the mind deal that might come in. The only person that will work on is someone who is green to the store.
I'm just passing on info my friend who has experience in the matter passed on to me.
In actuality if you go in on a Saturday morning and you’re the 1st customer of the day, you'll probably get a better deal because a lot of dealerships with put on a bonus for the 1st car that's sold.

If you go in at the end of the month and have a salesperson who's already made his money and isn't going to make anything but a minimum deal he's not as willing to work the deal because he wants to go home and spend time with his family instead of f#$%ing with you.
As I said earlier. Bonus. If they've already met the quota, there's a BETTER chance they'll spend time with you and blow off their family to make that one last sale of the month for the bonus. I've seen it first hand at work. Helped a sales guy, and stayed two hours after close on a sale of an Arnage, just to get that bonus.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Zreign
Banned

Thought i'd add my 2 cents to this thread. I'm a toyota salesman in southern california and know the game well. A dealer is willing to give you his best price any time any day, regardless of whether or not its close to the end of the month.

I have to laugh sometimes. people get so worked up over buying cars. there is absolutely no reason to play any kind of games with the dealership. my reccomendation is to go to any dealership in your area and make it very clear that you will not spend a penny over $300 above invoice. They will do the usual back and forth negotiation and yada yada. Stick to your guns and let them know that you WILL take your business to the next dealership down the road if the price cant be met.

Again, a "fair" price is a regional thing. However, do not expect to get a Z under invoice. the good news is that say $300 will only effect your monthly payment by about 5 bucks, depending on term financed.

I bought my 06 SS enthusiast for $500 over invoice. I thouroughly enjoy a good negotiation but not when im the buyer lol. I made my intial offer, and knowing that i was also in the business, they threw every trick in the book at me. kept me there 2 hours before they gave in. ****ers

oh and good luck with your purchase. go for an enth!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Zreign
Banned

oh another VERY important word of advice. When i get a customer who is stuck on price (like most people are) and already talking invoice, the focus is then put on making making money on what we call the 'back end' of the deal which is interest rates (APR) and money factors. i highly recommend financing through your own bank or credit union.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:57 AM
evolved326

Did you offer $31,144? What happened?
Thanks for the tip but I have not been talking to the dealers lately. But after some more research, I think I might be sticking to the Enth model. I only want the touring for the burnt orange seats but at ~4k its not worth THAT mucg. Also, I am also researching the 2007. I know its stupid to wait and theres always something faster around the corner, I kind of like the idea od a 7.5K reving, 300+ hp motor!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Devil Z

Thanks for the tip but I have not been talking to the dealers lately. But after some more research, I think I might be sticking to the Enth model. I only want the touring for the burnt orange seats but at ~4k its not worth THAT mucg. Also, I am also researching the 2007. I know its stupid to wait and theres always something faster around the corner, I kind of like the idea od a 7.5K reving, 300+ hp motor!
With 250- lb-ft of torque.

Quick Reply: Helps me negociate