MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Nissan nose mask (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/15051-nissan-nose-mask.html)

apharmdb 12-29-2002 03:24 PM

Nissan nose mask

What's the deal with this? Don't see too many members with this accessory? Does it just suck, look ugly, or just represent some level of cheesiness? Or is it the greatest accessory ever made (considering I'm already noticing some small chips on my front bumper area)?

ares 12-29-2002 03:35 PM

I think 99% of people chose to use the 3M clear bra.

yes you can see the lines at the seams, but its a hell of a lot better than the bra's appearance. also those bra's just hold dirt into the paint, and the edges just vibrate against the panels from wind. you might stop large chips, but you gaurenteed a crap load of little scratches.

zcar70 12-29-2002 03:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ares
[B]I think 99% of people chose to use the 3M clear bra.

Count me in the 1%......

I elected to use the Nissan factory nose mask. First of all, it DOESN'T stay on the car all the time! You use it only when you need it. A good coat of wax on the car AND a CLEAN nosemask PROPERLY installed offers the best protection. And it doesn;t look that bad and it fits great. Sure that will be alot of taking on and off, but I believe it's worth it.

As far as the various "clear bras", it seems to be a good idea but I have a problem putting a sticker on the front of my $30k+ car. I think they are too new to risk your Z on. Will they discolor, peel, bubble or cause the paint to fade unevenly? Much to be learned about for sure.

I prefer the $99 sure thing instead of the $300 gamble.

My 2 cents!

OKC-Silverstone-Trac 12-29-2002 04:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zcar70
[B]

Originally posted by ares

Count me in the 1%......

I elected to use the Nissan factory nose mask. First of all, it DOESN'T stay on the car all the time! You use it only when you need it. A good coat of wax on the car AND a CLEAN nosemask PROPERLY installed offers the best protection. And it doesn;t look that bad and it fits great. Sure that will be alot of taking on and off, but I believe it's worth it.

As far as the various "clear bras", it seems to be a good idea but I have a problem putting a sticker on the front of my $30k+ car. I think they are too new to risk your Z on. Will they discolor, peel, bubble or cause the paint to fade unevenly? Much to be learned about for sure.

I prefer the $99 sure thing instead of the $300 gamble.

My 2 cents!

I agree, Put me in that 1% as well. The nissan mask looks good when needed and is not that bad to put on/off.

Bryan

all_bark 12-31-2002 07:40 AM

me too.

1% club.

maybe it is 2% now!

Got mine for longer type drives. Clean nose with lots of wax and a clean bra make for no damages.

Just remember to remove when washing or before/after it gets wet. (as in you got caught in the rain)

daytona350z 12-31-2002 09:01 AM

hehe...
add me to the 1%, or is it 2 now???
i really like it for the long drives as mentioned, i used it on my x-mas trip to vegas and it worked great.
3m is a lil pricey for me, but maybe sometime in the future...

ares 12-31-2002 11:15 AM

wow, more people than I thought. I saw 4 Zs at a meet other than my own. all 4 had the 3M on it. mine had nothing.

Sz28r 01-01-2003 02:21 PM

2%+

I too have the Nissan bra - - no way was I going to tape up my new Z

wxtornado 01-02-2003 04:16 AM

3% :D

montemac 01-02-2003 04:44 AM

4%

DB Touring!

agustuss 01-02-2003 04:41 PM

I'm diggin it too!!

ZZtopp 01-04-2003 10:42 AM

The Colgan bra fits better and looks better than the factory bra. It covers part of the hood as well....and it's cheaper!

01-19-2003 07:32 AM

I have one too-- one day I will post a photo-- looks good for a nose mask (bra)

Bishop_Tx 01-19-2003 07:42 AM

Add me to the 1, 2, 3, 4, now 30% club that uses the official nose mask -- but again, only when I need to.

We looked at a number of clear bra installs yesterday at our meet in Texas and it was evident why that option isn't the best IMHO. Just take a look at it with some polarized sun glasses and you'll see. Anyone who was there yesterday can tell you.

The nosemask is a little inconvinient, but overall I believe it offers everything I was looking for - seems like a lot of other feel the same.

Michael Riiehl 01-19-2003 08:44 AM

Nissan Nose & Xpel Headlight Protectors

I have no close installers - You can buy the headlight protectors directly from X-Pel and with heavy Zaino do well locally ( except heavy trauma, be careful ! ). Just the headlight protectors are easy to install and virtually invisible. The nose protector goes on for the long interstate trips. Cheap, Easy, and Available easily.

vova151 01-19-2003 09:06 AM

Am I 5% ot something?

I bought mine the day after I got my car. It intalles quick and I think it looks very good. I use it every day. Had it out at tne meet yesterday here in Austin and another one of the members here Bishop_TX went straight down to the Nissan dealership right around the corner and bought one. Only thing to remember is to take it off if it gets wet. Took some pics at the meet and I will post them with the bra on as soon as I get them downloaded.

Pitlizard 01-19-2003 09:17 AM

You need a bra

After finding several small nicks and chips on the front bumper of my 350Z, I installed the Nissan black bra on a Chrome Silver with the chrome grille. I looks great, can go on or off in 2 minutes. I do 80% interstate driviing where some protection is required on the front of this car.

I purchased from Nissanpart.com for $93 plus shipping, slightly less than the clear bra and provide solid protection. Just remove when wet and reinstall after its dry to prevent past bra problems.

vova151 01-20-2003 06:39 AM

Pic with Nose mask, bra on

It's the first pic about halfway down this post it's the brickyard and it has the bra on.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....591#post175591

cigardave 02-12-2003 09:47 AM

Nissan Nose Mask

We picked up our "Z" on the 22nd of January and we are seriously considering the Nissan Nose Mask for appx $100. I just can't see putting the 3M product on this beautiful Redline "Z".

We will probably only use the nose mask on long trips/highway driving. I feel as long as you "baby" your car with polishes and protectant waxes, and keep the nose mask off the car during rainy conditions, you should be fine.

I use Meguiar's car products and I always have some of their Swirl Remover and/or Scratch "X" on hand just in case.

Qbnmissile 02-12-2003 10:08 AM

Originally posted by ares

yes you can see the lines at the seams, but its a hell of a lot better than the bra's appearance. also those bra's just hold dirt into the paint, and the edges just vibrate against the panels from wind. you might stop large chips, but you gaurenteed a crap load of little scratches.

If the bra is flapping against the car, that means you'v installed it incorrectly. I've had the car at over 120 mph for a while on the freeway without any problems. It's a matter of opinion whether or not you want to protect the front of your car and a matter of money whether or not you choose the clear bra or a black bra. I like it and it protects my car. No scratches or flapping yet.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=17214