Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan nose mask

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 03:24 PM
apharmdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan nose mask

What's the deal with this? Don't see too many members with this accessory? Does it just suck, look ugly, or just represent some level of cheesiness? Or is it the greatest accessory ever made (considering I'm already noticing some small chips on my front bumper area)?
Old 12-29-2002, 03:35 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think 99% of people chose to use the 3M clear bra.

yes you can see the lines at the seams, but its a hell of a lot better than the bra's appearance. also those bra's just hold dirt into the paint, and the edges just vibrate against the panels from wind. you might stop large chips, but you gaurenteed a crap load of little scratches.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:50 PM
zcar70

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ares
[B]I think 99% of people chose to use the 3M clear bra.

Count me in the 1%......

I elected to use the Nissan factory nose mask. First of all, it DOESN'T stay on the car all the time! You use it only when you need it. A good coat of wax on the car AND a CLEAN nosemask PROPERLY installed offers the best protection. And it doesn;t look that bad and it fits great. Sure that will be alot of taking on and off, but I believe it's worth it.

As far as the various "clear bras", it seems to be a good idea but I have a problem putting a sticker on the front of my $30k+ car. I think they are too new to risk your Z on. Will they discolor, peel, bubble or cause the paint to fade unevenly? Much to be learned about for sure.

I prefer the $99 sure thing instead of the $300 gamble.

My 2 cents!
Old 12-29-2002, 04:10 PM
OKC-Silverstone-Trac

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zcar70
[B]
Originally posted by ares

Count me in the 1%......

I elected to use the Nissan factory nose mask. First of all, it DOESN'T stay on the car all the time! You use it only when you need it. A good coat of wax on the car AND a CLEAN nosemask PROPERLY installed offers the best protection. And it doesn;t look that bad and it fits great. Sure that will be alot of taking on and off, but I believe it's worth it.

As far as the various "clear bras", it seems to be a good idea but I have a problem putting a sticker on the front of my $30k+ car. I think they are too new to risk your Z on. Will they discolor, peel, bubble or cause the paint to fade unevenly? Much to be learned about for sure.

I prefer the $99 sure thing instead of the $300 gamble.

My 2 cents!
I agree, Put me in that 1% as well. The nissan mask looks good when needed and is not that bad to put on/off.

Bryan
Old 12-31-2002, 07:40 AM
all_bark

me too.

1% club.

maybe it is 2% now!

Got mine for longer type drives. Clean nose with lots of wax and a clean bra make for no damages.

Just remember to remove when washing or before/after it gets wet. (as in you got caught in the rain)
Old 12-31-2002, 09:01 AM
daytona350z

hehe...
add me to the 1%, or is it 2 now???
i really like it for the long drives as mentioned, i used it on my x-mas trip to vegas and it worked great.
3m is a lil pricey for me, but maybe sometime in the future...
Old 12-31-2002, 11:15 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, more people than I thought. I saw 4 Zs at a meet other than my own. all 4 had the 3M on it. mine had nothing.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2%+

I too have the Nissan bra - - no way was I going to tape up my new Z
Old 01-02-2003, 04:16 AM
wxtornado

3%
Old 01-02-2003, 04:44 AM
montemac

4%

DB Touring!
Old 01-04-2003, 10:42 AM
ZZtopp

The Colgan bra fits better and looks better than the factory bra. It covers part of the hood as well....and it's cheaper!
Old 01-19-2003, 07:32 AM

's Avatar

I have one too-- one day I will post a photo-- looks good for a nose mask (bra)
Old 01-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Bishop_Tx

Add me to the 1, 2, 3, 4, now 30% club that uses the official nose mask -- but again, only when I need to.

We looked at a number of clear bra installs yesterday at our meet in Texas and it was evident why that option isn't the best IMHO. Just take a look at it with some polarized sun glasses and you'll see. Anyone who was there yesterday can tell you.

The nosemask is a little inconvinient, but overall I believe it offers everything I was looking for - seems like a lot of other feel the same.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Michael Riiehl

Default Nissan Nose & Xpel Headlight Protectors

I have no close installers - You can buy the headlight protectors directly from X-Pel and with heavy Zaino do well locally ( except heavy trauma, be careful ! ). Just the headlight protectors are easy to install and virtually invisible. The nose protector goes on for the long interstate trips. Cheap, Easy, and Available easily.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:06 AM
vova151

Default Am I 5% ot something?

I bought mine the day after I got my car. It intalles quick and I think it looks very good. I use it every day. Had it out at tne meet yesterday here in Austin and another one of the members here Bishop_TX went straight down to the Nissan dealership right around the corner and bought one. Only thing to remember is to take it off if it gets wet. Took some pics at the meet and I will post them with the bra on as soon as I get them downloaded.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Pitlizard

Default You need a bra

After finding several small nicks and chips on the front bumper of my 350Z, I installed the Nissan black bra on a Chrome Silver with the chrome grille. I looks great, can go on or off in 2 minutes. I do 80% interstate driviing where some protection is required on the front of this car.

I purchased from Nissanpart.com for $93 plus shipping, slightly less than the clear bra and provide solid protection. Just remove when wet and reinstall after its dry to prevent past bra problems.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:39 AM
vova151

Default Pic with Nose mask, bra on

It's the first pic about halfway down this post it's the brickyard and it has the bra on.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....591#post175591
Old 02-12-2003, 09:47 AM
cigardave

Default Nissan Nose Mask

We picked up our "Z" on the 22nd of January and we are seriously considering the Nissan Nose Mask for appx $100. I just can't see putting the 3M product on this beautiful Redline "Z".

We will probably only use the nose mask on long trips/highway driving. I feel as long as you "baby" your car with polishes and protectant waxes, and keep the nose mask off the car during rainy conditions, you should be fine.

I use Meguiar's car products and I always have some of their Swirl Remover and/or Scratch "X" on hand just in case.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Qbnmissile

Originally posted by ares

yes you can see the lines at the seams, but its a hell of a lot better than the bra's appearance. also those bra's just hold dirt into the paint, and the edges just vibrate against the panels from wind. you might stop large chips, but you gaurenteed a crap load of little scratches.
If the bra is flapping against the car, that means you'v installed it incorrectly. I've had the car at over 120 mph for a while on the freeway without any problems. It's a matter of opinion whether or not you want to protect the front of your car and a matter of money whether or not you choose the clear bra or a black bra. I like it and it protects my car. No scratches or flapping yet.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=17214

Quick Reply: Nissan nose mask