MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Attention all Veilside Version 1 owners (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/35630-attention-all-veilside-version-1-owners.html)

TonyZXT 07-13-2003 07:47 AM

Wow, what happened to Veilside? They used to be known for quality. Now they've gone to the other end of the spectrum, and are making some real Mickey Mouse $#!+! I think any company that charges absorbinant prices for designer stuff, and then turns out a crap product deserves to be sued! Too bad they are in Japan, so more than likely noone here will be able to recoup their money. From what I have read here, it sounds like Veilside is going to put a bandaid on the problem, and not fix everything. Have they not mentioned fixing the problems with the rear wing? I would say that I respect them for doing the right thing and fixing their mistake, but if you really think about it, it seems more like they had no choice, and are trying to save face. Well if I ever manage to get a 350z I'll be crossing that ver. 1 kit off my wish list. :(

veilside z 07-13-2003 09:26 AM

1200tt - I've tried to PM & email you but you've blocked it - what's the crack (pun intended)?

Please email me the instructions - veilside@350zuk.com

Thanx

swifty949 07-14-2003 10:03 AM

sorry, this is 1200tt.
I changed my email notification properties, only to find out that the forum has yet to send me a new registration link.

Red6, last we spoke over 1 month ago, you were going to send me pictures. I am still waiting. As for the wing, we did not know of your problems.

In terms of what is defective, our track record has been very low.
The design for the version 1 lip, was designed in a way that would allow for a cleaner design, however the ease of installation was sacrificed to without our knowledge (our body shops have had no installation problems, with no problems what so ever down the road. It was finally realized when we had a noobie try to install the kit, to find out what the problem stemmed from.)

There are differences here, there is no defect in the version 1 lip. There is a revision that is being done for those with problems. I would say this is different than a band aid. Had this thread not been started, nobody would have known that people were having difficulties.
It was my decision to replace the lips that people had problems with and were members of this board. Did it have to be done? No? A lawsuit???? For what??? Replacing a lip that was broken because of imporper installation???

All problems with our parts are being addressed as they are brought to us. We have never heard of the wing problem stated by Red6, or by of the many wing owners for the Z.

Quality is our #1 priority, no part that is not up to standards should be on the market. The reason that we can respond to these responses on the market before they become a problem, is due to our commitment to the customer.

With any veilside part, if it is found to be defective (improper installation does not normally count) we replace the part. As always, pictures are needed to back up the claim.

So back to the thread please...

If you have a version 1 that was improperly installed, we will replace it. Please email pictures, and the dealer information from where it was purchased. I now have a revised installation manual that i will be more than happy to email.

Regards

Ray

Brad4rdHay 07-14-2003 10:32 AM

Ray, can you send me (via PM) or just post, the new detailed instructions for the V1 lip. I just bought one and want to have something for the body shop to have. Thanks alot man.

Mr Fairlady 07-14-2003 08:20 PM

Well,.I got my Veilside Fibergalss lip and it is TOP NOTCH!!

Looks great,..best fiberglass I'v ever seen!!!
Ready to paint dosen't even look to need any sanding,....no chips/cracks etc,..I'm sure it is fine!!! Looks waaaayyyy better then any fiberglass peice I've EVER seen!!

Can't wait to get it on,...i'll post pic's later

Ryder32 07-15-2003 01:01 AM

get the greddy areo kit...i got mine today...

Hey everyone...i have been reading the post and wow...that's all i can say. I got my greddy kit today and i must tell you it's the best i have seen. I have a 300zx with the full bomex kit and this is far better. the lip fit perfect and i didn't even have any problems with the side or the rear...Just mho....thanks guys...check out my 350z next week when it's get's out of the paint shop...stillen wing, greddy kit, carbon fiber hood...volks...

shaneotool 07-15-2003 06:06 AM

Originally posted by Mr Fairlady
Well,.I got my Veilside Fibergalss lip and it is TOP NOTCH!!

Looks great,..best fiberglass I'v ever seen!!!
Ready to paint dosen't even look to need any sanding,....no chips/cracks etc,..I'm sure it is fine!!! Looks waaaayyyy better then any fiberglass peice I've EVER seen!!

Can't wait to get it on,...i'll post pic's later

Just make sure whoever puts it on is super careful and is the most experienced person you know! The lip BEARLY fits. In fact, I couldn't get it to fit without it cracking. Maybe my bumper is misshapen or something, but the holes on the bottom don't line up, and I can't make them line up no matter what I try. So know it's attached with cotter pins and duct tape - Arkansas style!
I need to figure out a better way - any ideas?

Looks good when it's on though. JUST BE CAREFUL!

350ZMatt 07-15-2003 06:26 AM

Let's not turn this into a veilside bashing post. I want to let everyone here know that getting aftermarket body parts for your car is a hit or miss situation. For the most part veilside products are great.

You have to understand different companies have different quality controls in their manufacturing of the kits. Some do not even realize when copying a kit, the front bumper expands when you take it off the car, and they forget to reinforce the bumper to reflect as if it was mounted onto the chasis befor making a mold.

Most kit manufacturers dont have the capabilities of an OEM car manufacturer, where laser guided cuts and mechanical precision is used to create body panels.

So i guess its like any other mod for your car, it will not be to the OEM specs 100% of the time. I have yet to see a PERFECT fit aftermarket kit, in all my life.

Except maybe the new official Nismo USA Urethane kit I saw at the CT meet provided by Smithtown Nissan.

Just be critical in your research and sometimes patience can be rewarded when choosing a body kit.

shaneotool 07-15-2003 06:47 AM

I don't mean to be bashing veilside, they are donig some good things with the new instructions and redesigned lip. I'm just putting my personal experience out here so others don't make the mistake I did. Don't put this on yourself!

It looks super easy with just four screws - but it's a *****.

350ZMatt 07-15-2003 06:57 AM

shanetool,

Nah, i value your post. i was addressing the community in general. since the arrival of the z in the U.S, owners have been anxious for kits. I am sure you remember the posts of photos from the Tokyo Auto Salon earlier this year. You could hear the credit cards coming out of the wallets.

Ryder32 07-15-2003 12:51 PM

not trying to bash

:D :D not trying to bash the company just letting everyone know that the greddy kit is great...didn't have any problems with fitting it on the 350z, the front lip is plastic...thanks everyone...

failsafe 07-15-2003 01:10 PM

I have the Veilside Ver 1 lip (in CF) on my car and I really like it. However the installation was a real pain- The mounting holes did not line up- in fact they were a good 1/4 inch off. I actually had to expand the holes with a drill in order to get the screws to mount correctly. I was extremely careful and experienced very minor chipping at the corners. It might also help if the instructions included the fact that double side tape is required to hold the center of the lip in place. Most people would know this but some may not which may lead to additional damage. Other than the mounting holes being off the fitment is great.

Mr Fairlady 07-15-2003 07:34 PM

The real Deal!!

1 Attachment(s)
ok guys/gals......I put my on today justto see whats up w/ everyone about th efitment and cracking issue??
Wel,.all I gotta say is Mines pretty much a typical aftermarket part--Fits pretty damn good!
Heres some pic's of the install "Kiwi" and I did today!:

Mr Fairlady 07-15-2003 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Mr Fairlady 07-15-2003 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and now a few on the car--i rode around w/ it on today to see how well it stays on,....The Drilled holes don't line up,..but thats a typical Aftermarket peice--notthing a few Zip Ties won't fix--I also used double sided mounting tape as well on the Mouth part!

Now I hope I can get it off to paint it???
The very edges are off a hair but not near as noticable as anything else I've seen!! I can def handle it!! can't wait to get this and my Stillen Sides painted!!!!!

Mr Fairlady 07-15-2003 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

350ZMatt 07-15-2003 08:22 PM

The Drilled holes don't line up,..but thats a typical Aftermarket peice--notthing a few Zip Ties won't fix--I also used double sided mounting tape as well on the Mouth part!
Sweet *** car man! But a lot of people on this board are new to modding and body kits. see thats what i mean about the zip ties. some folks here dont realize this and when it doesnt fit 100% as a stock bumper replacement, they get upset. Some people feel if they paid $4500 for a veilside kit, it should fit like oem with their eyes closed.

90% of all after market manufacturers have small discreptancies in every kit they ship. not 1 pair are identical. They dont have the technology for assembly line type production as nissan does. just an fyi.

BJF2K 07-15-2003 08:51 PM

Why a bodykit with a high class price but with a low class quality?

Mr Fairlady 07-15-2003 09:20 PM

Trust me,..this body kit actually fits almost like I thought it would,..I've had a ton of aftermarket peices on this car and OLD cars,..so I'm use to it,..it never fits like OEM

as far as the chipping thing?? That to me sounds like the paints fault---PPG global is by far the best I've had,..VERY Flexable

if you build up enough paint that is flexable combined w/ a Clear it sould be very durable??
Thats whats going on mine,..the hardest part for me now is gettin the lip off w/o cracking it pullin the dopuble sided tape from the Bumper?? I have no clue how I'm gonna do it w/o harming the lip???:icon8:
but I'll probbaly end up w/ a blade behind the lip cutting the tape if it will fit>?

Ryder32 07-15-2003 11:15 PM

that is so true

i second that...nothing ever fits like oem:icon04: