MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Broken NAV cubby door (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/413044-broken-nav-cubby-door.html)

Shiro 01-26-2009 05:58 PM

Broken NAV cubby door

Ok.. I broke it. I knew it was coming. anybody know how to fix a broken cubby door??

JEKL 01-26-2009 07:39 PM

Really??? Want to offer up any info at all on exactly what is broken??? :dunno:

A little more info and you should be able to get some help. A pic could help too.

I am assuming it is 03-05 if it has a door.

dsmZ 01-26-2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by jekl1000 (Post 6868687)
Really??? Want to offer up any info at all on exactly what is broken??? :dunno:

A little more info and you should be able to get some help. A pic could help too.

I am assuming it is 03-05 if it has a door.

lol +1

Shiro 01-27-2009 06:27 AM

Read the subject line. HAHA

urbancamoM7 01-27-2009 06:38 AM

do you have the cubby area, or is the nav unit there? the motorized door for my nav unit quit working so i took the assembly apart and messed with some stuff to figure out what was wrong. turns out the little button that you push was bad. for the meantime i just put the door in the open position so the switch that turns the screen on was tripped. door is permanently open for now and the screen works.

steveiZdaman 01-27-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by urbancamoM7 (Post 6869982)
do you have the cubby area, or is the nav unit there? the motorized door for my nav unit quit working so i took the assembly apart and messed with some stuff to figure out what was wrong. turns out the little button that you push was bad. for the meantime i just put the door in the open position so the switch that turns the screen on was tripped. door is permanently open for now and the screen works.

thats also what i did with mine...my nav door hasnt worked for 2 years now...i went through like 2 new doors and motors from the dealer then finally told them to leave it in the open position and disconnect the door...so my nav still works but the door is open all the time

urbancamoM7 01-27-2009 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by steveiZdaman (Post 6870047)
thats also what i did with mine...my nav door hasnt worked for 2 years now...i went through like 2 new doors and motors from the dealer then finally told them to leave it in the open position and disconnect the door...so my nav still works but the door is open all the time

exactly. plus if the screen is too bright during the night you can go into the display settings and just turn it off. i only used it to keep track of oil change mileage anyway. :)

steveiZdaman 01-27-2009 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by urbancamoM7 (Post 6870104)
exactly. plus if the screen is too bright during the night you can go into the display settings and just turn it off. i only used it to keep track of oil change mileage anyway. :)

when you turn your headlights on it automatically goes into night mode so the screen isnt too bright...or the button that has the sun/moon on it so you can do it manually if you want...i have never shut mine off completely

JEKL 01-27-2009 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shiro (Post 6869939)
Read the subject line. HAHA

HAHA, I did. Where does it say if it is the hinge, the latch, the back of the door that screws to the fascia, etc.

Wonder why you have almost 100 views and not many responses?

Andy@Performance 01-27-2009 02:27 PM

http://mynismo.com/products/?id=4445

dsmZ 01-27-2009 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by jekl1000 (Post 6872029)
HAHA, I did. Where does it say if it is the hinge, the latch, the back of the door that screws to the fascia, etc.

Wonder why you have almost 100 views and not many responses?

lol looks like im agreeing with you again....

cer2225 05-23-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by urbancamoM7 (Post 6870104)

Mine is starting to make noises and needs a little help to open. I was thinking of just leaving it in the open position also but need to know where to disconnect the motor once it is open. Anyone have an idea as to what is the best way to do that? I really don't want to pull the dash apart if I don't have to.

Thanks

JEKL 05-23-2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by cer2225 (Post 7359304)
Mine is starting to make noises and needs a little help to open. I was thinking of just leaving it in the open position also but need to know where to disconnect the motor once it is open. Anyone have an idea as to what is the best way to do that? I really don't want to pull the dash apart if I don't have to.

Thanks

I don't have a motorized cubby so I can not be much help with an alternative way to unplug it. But I can say that removing the center bezel is amazing easy. It is only 8 screws and 6 of them are all in the same vicinity. Otherwise, have you looked into a new motor?

cer2225 05-23-2009 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by jekl1000 (Post 7359709)
I don't have a motorized cubby so I can not be much help with an alternative way to unplug it. But I can say that removing the center bezel is amazing easy. It is only 8 screws and 6 of them are all in the same vicinity. Otherwise, have you looked into a new motor?

I did not look into the motor yet. I did buy the top tier extended warranty but I doubt that would be covered.

I am sure there is a sticky on how to remove the center console on here somewhere. I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

JEKL 05-23-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by cer2225 (Post 7360450)
I did not look into the motor yet. I did buy the top tier extended warranty but I doubt that would be covered.

I am sure there is a sticky on how to remove the center console on here somewhere. I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

I probably should have included this in my reply. Here is a great write up with pics from k1653d:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...y-monitor.html

Good luck!

cer2225 05-24-2009 04:45 AM

Thanks much...

Shiro 08-24-2009 01:10 PM

Thanks guys, Sorry I only have an empty cubby and no NAV as I have the performance pkg. As far as I know it is spring laoded w/ some gears in there to make it operate smoothly. I have a 2003 so Im pretty sure there is no motor to open the door, but it wont stay closed and wont open fully and it is driving me nuts. I will look at a few of these links to see how to get the center console out. THx again

Waiz 08-24-2009 03:20 PM

^LOL at your 4 month later response.