MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Amuse Superleggera (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/593557-amuse-superleggera.html)

guvars 05-05-2014 06:27 PM

Amuse Superleggera

1 Attachment(s)
Im looking for a wide body, but i dont really like most of the options out there.
the veilside and the greedy dont really do it it for me.
Im looking for a Superleggera kit, because it resembles the v3 in a lot of ways.
The only one i can find for sale is online is for the duraflex version which is fiberglass and everyone that i know that has used duraflex has had horrible fitment.
does anyone have experience with this particular kit? or can point me in a good direction to finding a quality kit. If the original is out there i would love to get that but I dont think its still produced by amuse either, since i can't find a vendor for it.
I see a few old for sale posts with replica kits that lined up almost perfect but it doesn't mention the manufacturer.

Also how much wider is this kit compared to the stock front fenders?
Im stuck between having flares moulded in or doing a wide body.

Bmurray350z 05-05-2014 06:40 PM

Member here named fatalblitz just installed this kit on his z. He can probably point you in the right direction. Be prepared to spend $2k+ on the authentic kit

mr. sparco 05-05-2014 09:33 PM

One of our vendors CZP has it for $8.6k, if you're serious. Until then I'll believe it when I see it. lol

guvars 05-06-2014 09:25 AM

wow no kidding, i was planning on spending about 4k on the kit, but almost 9 grand is too much for me now.
I guess Ill be looking for a quality rep now....
any suggestions?

Highway Riding 05-06-2014 09:51 AM

The real Amuse kit turns the Z into a Superleggera True Story!

Tenacious T 05-06-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z (Post 10384574)
Member here named fatalblitz just installed this kit on his z. He can probably point you in the right direction. Be prepared to spend $2k+ on the authentic kit

Actually, it was Moroccan mole who bought and had it installed... fatalblitz bought the car after it was in primer. Anyways good luck finding a good rep kit.

Bmurray350z 05-06-2014 05:03 PM

Oh okay! Gotcha. ^

Caidrac 05-06-2014 06:52 PM

I really don't understand why quality body kits are discontinued right around the time when the cars are becoming available at used car prices. Younger people can afford them and have more disposable income... Who buys a new car and instantly wants to graft a widebody kit onto it? Maybe I just don't know these people, but it seems to me that the big aftermarket body kit makers of the world should be in high gear NOW for the 350Z, and 2 or 3 years from now for the 370, but it doesn't work like that for some reason... I would spring for a Nismo front bumper TODAY if they still made them. My only choice now is a crappy knock-off...

Bmurray350z 05-06-2014 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Caidrac (Post 10385114)
I really don't understand why quality body kits are discontinued right around the time when the cars are becoming available at used car prices. Younger people can afford them and have more disposable income... Who buys a new car and instantly wants to graft a widebody kit onto it? Maybe I just don't know these people, but it seems to me that the big aftermarket body kit makers of the world should be in high gear NOW for the 350Z, and 2 or 3 years from now for the 370, but it doesn't work like that for some reason... I would spring for a Nismo front bumper TODAY if they still made them. My only choice now is a crappy knock-off...

You essentially just said in the thread about your ebay lip you bought that you'd rather put the work in on a cheap crappy fitting lip than cough the extra $$ up for a better fitting, more reputable lip? :confused:

Caidrac 05-06-2014 07:10 PM

Yes, because I HAD to, and nothing better was available...

mr. sparco 05-06-2014 07:56 PM

Lots of authentic still available from various vendors here. We still have members building up their cars with high quality parts.

terrasmak 05-07-2014 03:59 AM

I believe someone just installed a set of Vis front fenders from that kit with good results.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ll-thread.html

SQuaLZ 05-07-2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Caidrac (Post 10385114)

So you are saying that people that buy a car for 10k instead of 30k has more disposable income?

You realize that makes no sense right?

People that buy cars for 10k can afford 10k cars and people that buy 30k cars can afford 30k cars.

If anything, IMO the replica market is skyrocketing while the authentic market is dropping as the price of 350Zs drop. Look at all these teenagers with poor taste running replica exhausts and wheels and then calling out the people with real wheels saying they are stupid for spending that much money.

Caidrac 05-07-2014 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ (Post 10385466)
So you are saying that people that buy a car for 10k instead of 30k has more disposable income?

You realize that makes no sense right?

That is exactly what I am saying. Know a lot of 20 year old people with a mortgage? Children to support? Maybe you do, and my statement seems wildly inaccurate, but that is the world I know.

pyshin 05-07-2014 02:24 PM

What an ignorant troll.

mr. sparco 05-07-2014 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Caidrac (Post 10385668)
That is exactly what I am saying. Know a lot of 20 year old people with a mortgage? Children to support? Maybe you do, and my statement seems wildly inaccurate, but that is the world I know.

Ever since I've been a member here since '05, the members who had big budgets to mod their cars have gone way down. The owners from 5-8 years ago would spend $30-60k+ on the Z they paid $30k+ for, had what seemed like an endless budget. Member- Nitrouz who's moved onto a 370z and Gallardo had ~$100k into his "420Z-TT." You can still find his threads floating around.

We had many heavy hitter builders here that have since moved onto bigger things. Most of the 20 year old's posting now can barely get a loan to buy their $10k Z with 100k miles.

SQuaLZ 05-07-2014 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by mr. sparco (Post 10385788)
Ever since I've been a member here since '05, the members who had big budgets to mod their cars have gone way down. The owners from 5-8 years ago would spend $30-60k+ on the Z they paid $30k+ for, had what seemed like an endless budget. Member- Nitrouz who's moved onto a 370z and Gallardo had ~$100k into his "420Z-TT." You can still find his threads floating around. We had many heavy hitter builders here that have since moved onto bigger things. Most of the 20 year old's posting now can barely get a loan to buy their $10k Z with 100k miles.

At least I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Yes at a younger age most people have less responsibilities, but you also make less money. I wonder who can afford Volks, a 16 year old in high school with a part time job that has no mortgage or someone in their late 20s or 30s that has a mortgage and other bills but also is in his/her career making good money?

guvars 05-08-2014 05:34 PM

so uhhh back on track...
I've found VIS and duraflex fiberglass reps that people have gotten them to fit, with tons of work because of the waviness around the headlight area.

does anyone know who makes a urethane kit???

cool_as_ice 07-29-2014 07:50 PM

Have you ever found a kit for yourself? Am very interested as well. . . anyone selling a used rep?

blue350zed 07-29-2014 08:45 PM

Save up your money and buy a good kit. There are still plenty of options out there, and new kits are still being manufactured. Just gotta know how to search for them. I would tell you to look at the Garage Mak widebody, but then I wouldn't be the only one around with it...oh...it's expensive too.