MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   APS TT installed! Results inside (PICS/VIDS) (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/175527-aps-tt-installed-results-inside-pics-vids.html)

zman1910 03-03-2006 11:43 AM

Makes sense Gus...I figured that was the case. I was mostly comparing to GRD's numbers...the torque and hp numbers weren't to deviated from one another. In fact in most cases the torque was always higher than the hp..I guess it's all in the tune..:)

JisNis 03-03-2006 12:00 PM

Im Jealous......Sweet setup. Everything I would want.

captj3 03-03-2006 12:14 PM

Chris congrats on the car and your new numbers . I know how you feel I felt the same way. Tuesday I go back for roger to retune my car. The guys at Japtrix are great and give you what you want. I'm looking foward to see the numbers on the built motor after it gets broken in.

Sam405 03-03-2006 01:01 PM

Wow thats sweet. Congrats on the numbers. welcome to the F/I family =) Good luck on traction lol ...

failsafe306 03-03-2006 01:19 PM

Congrats man!

How much louder than stock is the APS exhaust at idle and just normal driving? Any drone? Be honest now!!

bsp 03-03-2006 02:18 PM

Very nice. Your car looks gorgeous!

Gman2004 03-03-2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by zman1910
I miss FI.

That sounds amazing Chris. Congrats

I do have one question though. Why is your peak torque so much lower than other comparable setups? Anyone feel free to answer...

His exhaust could be causing him to lose some tq. High tq can somtimes be do to a restrictive exhaust. Not many APS TT set ups are running the 3.5" tp's and 3" exhaust or even the 2.5 APS exhaust for that matter.

JETPILOT 03-03-2006 02:37 PM

The numbers aren't adding up. 9.5 psi should have gotten you much more power. I'm @ 410 rwhp 410 ft-lbs @ 8.5 psi corrected on a DynoDynamics and that's with a single turbo which can't flow as much volume as a TT setup. And your tq #'s are rerally low. Boost leak?

Respect
JET

Sharif@Forged 03-03-2006 02:57 PM

Congratulations on a job nicely done. :D

MoodDude 03-03-2006 03:11 PM

Looks and sounds good.

I am 2.5's and your sounds much better than mine, mine sounds like the devil:icon10: when I lay on the power. Yet, my dyno on the dynojet gave me 440 hp and 400 torque w/ the APS TT and I know at least 4-5 others w/ my same set are getting around the same as me. It may be that you dynoed on a higher temp day or higher humidity day. Who cares, all I know is you will love all that power!! :icon39: :D :icon38: ;) :icon44: :p

Gman2004 03-03-2006 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Looks and sounds good.

I am 2.5's and your sounds much better than mine, mine sounds like the devil:icon10: when I lay on the power. Yet, my dyno on the dynojet gave me 440 hp and 400 torque w/ the APS TT and I know at least 4-5 others w/ my same set are getting around the same as me. It may be that you dynoed on a higher temp day or higher humidity day. Who cares, all I know is you will love all that power!! :icon39: :D :icon38: ;) :icon44: :p

not a very good comparison if you don't tell us @ what psi you made that power?;)

roncfpz 03-03-2006 04:40 PM

Chris, congrats!! Your car is coming together very, very nicely. It is certainly a transformation when you go FI. Have fun and be safe. We'll have to hook up sometime soon. Now I'm dying to get mine back again. I need a boost fix. ;)

Ron

maximumsportZ 03-03-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by westpak
I think he is right in the range of others most are in the 360-380 range, also not same dyno, you would have to get all of them together on the same day and dyno and then compare, if he was down in 320 range then there would be reason to wonder, I am sure if Chris goes to another dyno he can get different numbers.

Also like Chris said we didn't push it, after talking to him I understood he was not a guy hung up on numbers but more on the feel of the car and wanted a faster and safe TT car, we could have have gotten 450+ but it is not my car so I am not going to push it with a customer's car, if the time comes he wants to go higher and :icon11: run the risk we will be more than happy to oblige, with that exhaust it will be easy to do :)

Gus, I couldn't be happier, this is my only car and daily driver so safety will come first.

Maybe later in the far future if I opt to rebuild then we'll around with the tune. :D

maximumsportZ 03-03-2006 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
The numbers aren't adding up. 9.5 psi should have gotten you much more power. I'm @ 410 rwhp 410 ft-lbs @ 8.5 psi corrected on a DynoDynamics and that's with a single turbo which can't flow as much volume as a TT setup. And your tq #'s are rerally low. Boost leak?

Respect
JET

I doubt I have any leaks, my vaccum reads 20 perfect on idle. Hell with the number game man, the car drives smooth and feels oh so smooth.

maximumsportZ 03-03-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Congrats man!

How much louder than stock is the APS exhaust at idle and just normal driving? Any drone? Be honest now!!

Honestly its loud! but in a good way, well IMO. There is a little drone around 2-2.5k, at WOT it sounds like a beast, and pops like crazy when slowing down. Very deep and throaty.

You can't compare a stock exhaust to a TT Z with 3" duals. :icon18:

maximumsportZ 03-03-2006 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Looks and sounds good.

EXACTLY!! from what I came from :icon18: NA :icon22:

z32 fairlady 03-03-2006 05:26 PM

Excellent. Kudos to Gus and the Japtrix crew for a job well done. Chris The car is definitely coming together nicely. Love how the FMIC its in the middle of the bumper. Looking foward to seeing the finished product as well.:D

BriGuyMax 03-03-2006 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
I doubt I have any leaks, my vaccum reads 20 perfect on idle. Hell with the number game man, the car drives smooth and feels oh so smooth.

get that bish to the dragstrip......I want to see what it can do. ;)

CESAROTORRES 03-03-2006 07:25 PM

Way COOL!

:rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: CONGRATULATION:skidmark: :thumbup:

MoodDude 03-03-2006 08:50 PM

I was boosting at 9.5 psi according to my boost controler max reading. Yet, haven't dynoed in the last year. When I get my new clutch and flywheel, I will see what 10.5 psi, new tune, and methanol injection gets me. :D

Originally Posted by Gman2004
not a very good comparison if you don't tell us @ what psi you made that power?;)