MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   SFR/SSR TT kit. Something does not match... (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/182464-sfr-ssr-tt-kit-something-does-not-match.html)

Oleg 04-07-2006 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
The SS box SUCKED? J/K:icon17:

Oh, you're killing me!:icon17:

kamal34 04-07-2006 04:01 PM

haha actually it wasnt the SS box... wat happened is the guys over at speed force racing finished everything on the car and they were getting ready to start it but it was running like crap and dieing above 4k rpm.. it would backfire like crazy and then poop. soo Tim thought it was the ss unit and he sent it back to ss to get checked and they said it was perfectly fine. He connected it to a diagnostic machine and it said the crank sensor was bad. We replaced it with a new 1 and its still not running. Were gonna change the injectors to stock and take out the ss unit and take it to mossy nissan. Hopefully they can attach it to their machine and tell us EXACTLY whats going on so we can get the problem fixed. Tim suspects its actually the factory ecu thats taking a dump but well see on monday when we get into the dealership......

Oleg 04-07-2006 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by kamal34
haha actually it wasnt the SS box... wat happened is the guys over at speed force racing finished everything on the car and they were getting ready to start it but it was running like crap and dieing above 4k rpm.. it would backfire like crazy and then poop. soo Tim thought it was the ss unit and he sent it back to ss to get checked and they said it was perfectly fine. He connected it to a diagnostic machine and it said the crank sensor was bad. We replaced it with a new 1 and its still not running. Were gonna change the injectors to stock and take out the ss unit and take it to mossy nissan. Hopefully they can attach it to their machine and tell us EXACTLY whats going on so we can get the problem fixed. Tim suspects its actually the factory ecu thats taking a dump but well see on monday when we get into the dealership......

Thanks for the clarification. :D
BTW, I still have not goten any answers about responsiveness while running full T3's...Does the torque really peak out at less then 3K rpm with the T3 setup (not BB)?:confused:

Julian@MRC 04-07-2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by kamal34

Check the voltage going to the TPS sensor..We had an issue with that from a loose wire in the stock harness..

Oleg 04-08-2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Oleg
I still have not goten any answers about responsiveness while running full T3's...Does the torque really peak out at less then 3K rpm with the T3 setup (not BB)?:confused:

Everyone must be sick of answering my FI questions....:(

SSR Engineering 04-08-2006 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Oleg
Everyone must be sick of answering my FI questions....:(

you have a pm

Oleg 04-08-2006 06:39 PM

edit/double post

Oleg 04-08-2006 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by SSR Engineering
you have a pm

Replied...