MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Anyone have a Stillen Supercharger ? (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/197128-anyone-have-a-stillen-supercharger.html)

sidewayz2 06-12-2006 09:40 PM

Anyone have a Stillen Supercharger ?

I would like to know if anyone has the Stillen supercharger on their car. I am interested in the stage 3 unit with intercooler. Claimed to be very quiet and reliable. Power is supposed to besmooth from idle. I want it for fun not racing. Will it fit the '06 with the Stillen Stage 2 hood? Any info will be great!!

VN_350z 06-12-2006 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by sidewayz2
I would like to know if anyone has the Stillen supercharger on their car. I am interested in the stage 3 unit with intercooler. Claimed to be very quiet and reliable. Power is supposed to besmooth from idle. I want it for fun not racing. Will it fit the '06 with the Stillen Stage 2 hood? Any info will be great!!

I dont think Stillet SC fits 06 just yet.

sidewayz2 06-12-2006 09:44 PM

I want it bad. Real bad.

wilric44 06-12-2006 10:47 PM

I will trade you my 05 for your 06 if you want it that bad. Has everything instaled just turn the key and drive.

Just kidding, just wait there will be something for the 06. If I had an 06 I would be calling JWT. They will give you just want you need.

chimmike 06-13-2006 05:23 AM

they claim it's quiet but they're fat liars, the stillen blower is the loudest mofo around.

Alberto 06-13-2006 05:45 AM

Yeah the Stillens are loud-but sound excellent. I recently drove one down the 1/4, it was so fun hearing that thing whine down the 1320...

TENGAI 06-13-2006 05:58 AM

Check with superchargedg. He's running the Stillen stage-3 setup. It's sick. The twin screw sounds amazing at WOT...

Wired 24/7 06-13-2006 10:44 AM

Plenty of people have it on their Z's.

It is the perfect mod for "having fun" as you said. As long as you have the funding to back it up. Also, blown motors are NOT IMPOSSIBLE with this kit even if they say it is reliable. Just a word of warning.

Try contacting Stillen to see if it fits the 06.

A lot of people bash the Stillen, but if it fits your wants and needs then go for it.

MulhollandDrive 06-13-2006 01:50 PM

Claimed to be very quiet and reliable.

What they mean is it is quiet at idle. A lot of superchargers had a bad rep for being noisy at idle. The Stillen, AKA Magnuson EatonRoots, blower is indeed quiet at idle. It really whines at WOT, but I count that as a plus. This blower is on a lot of cars besides Zs and thus has a long track history. The low boost levels also tend to make the Stillen install reliable.

superchargedg 06-13-2006 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by chimmike
they claim it's quiet but they're fat liars, the stillen blower is the loudest mofo around.

dude i read a lot of your post,s but you are so biased to the tn st it starts to make people sick.the guy wants to know if there is a s/c that will fit his car.so if you have no usefull info stfu.to the op stillen has a kit for 03 to 06 as long as its not a revup engine.

username 06-13-2006 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by superchargedg
dude i read a lot of your post,s but you are so biased to the tn st it starts to make people sick.the guy wants to know if there is a s/c that will fit his car.so if you have no usefull info stfu.to the op stillen has a kit for 03 to 06 as long as its not a revup engine.

^+1

sidewayz2 06-14-2006 10:15 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. I would expect it to roar at wot I just want it kind of quiet at idle. I also think it looks "business" in black. The stage 2 hood appears to have a scoop on it that allows you to barely see the sc. Not to keen on having to change the hood too at 650.00 but for some reason I just like screw chargers and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

abyss 06-15-2006 12:18 PM

how much power is the stillen stage 4 making?

MulhollandDrive 06-15-2006 05:16 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. I would expect it to roar at wot I just want it kind of quiet at idle. I also think it looks "business" in black. The stage 2 hood appears to have a scoop on it that allows you to barely see the sc. Not to keen on having to change the hood too at 650.00 but for some reason I just like screw chargers and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You can go with the carbon fiber hood at about 700, but the fiberglass hood looks better IMHO. Unfortunately it needs a lot of work before painting and it is going to run more like 1400.

nateg35 06-15-2006 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by abyss
how much power is the stillen stage 4 making?

6mt ~ 345
5at ~ 325

abyss 06-16-2006 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by nateg35
6mt ~ 345
5at ~ 325

Why so little? not trying to upset anyone but why does stillen put out such little power? Thats what 100-115 more than stock?

nateg35 06-16-2006 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by abyss
Why so little? not trying to upset anyone but why does stillen put out such little power? Thats what 100-115 more than stock?

yeah...100-115 flywheel hp

chimmike 06-16-2006 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by superchargedg

grow the hell up. When in this thread did I mention the TN kit or anything about it or turbos vs superchargers? Talk about going WAY off topic.........thanks, now grow up. :icon22:

chimmike 06-16-2006 07:56 AM

the open scoop in the hood would help a bit and look really, really cool. Local buddy of mine, MLG (the guy that builds z enclosures) has the 'whale' hood that has the scoop that isn't open......would look absolutely SICK if it was.

DeeZ 06-21-2006 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike
grow the hell up. When in this thread did I mention the TN kit or anything about it or turbos vs superchargers? Talk about going WAY off topic.........thanks, now grow up. :icon22:

both of you ned to grow up. relax people

a far as the supercharger i like the whine up sound it makes, it kinda tells people you mean biz.