MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Need to swap my 350ZTT for a stock one/or swap parts for dealer trade in. (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/314387-need-to-swap-my-350ztt-for-a-stock-one-or-swap-parts-for-dealer-trade-in.html)

98MODMTR 11-12-2007 02:58 PM

I will GLADLY trade you my stock 03 track model.....Let ME know

2TH PWR 11-12-2007 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 98MODMTR
I will GLADLY trade you my stock 03 track model.....Let ME know

^ damn you! lucky bastard. haha

swede68 11-12-2007 04:50 PM

I was at Z meet and this guy took me for a ride in this car. OMFG!!! this thing is rediculous! it also placed #1 at the show. i almost wet my pants

gjoey66 11-13-2007 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by swede68
I was at Z meet and this guy took me for a ride in this car. OMFG!!! this thing is rediculous! it also placed #1 at the show. i almost wet my pants

Thanks...i appreciate it.

Nforce1 11-13-2007 09:44 AM

Oh how I would love to trade lol

kalima275Z 11-13-2007 10:39 AM

If it's for sale outright, place an ad on here. At that price it should sell...tomorrow.

NoahzBurnt 11-13-2007 11:31 AM

your Z plus $15k and you can have my V8 350Z

failsafe306 11-13-2007 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
your Z plus $15k and you can have my V8 350Z

Why would you wanna go and do that?

Gman2004 11-13-2007 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Why would you wanna go and do that?

More importanly why would the seller want to do that? If he wanted a V8, he could easily sell his motor and TT and easily get enough money to cover the cost to do a V8 swap.

gjoey66 11-14-2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gman2004
More importanly why would the seller want to do that? If he wanted a V8, he could easily sell his motor and TT and easily get enough money to cover the cost to do a V8 swap.

I agree...that project sounds pretty cool, i really dig people pushing the limits...but v8 isnt' my style...and it's a bit insulting to want 15k on top of that...how much did that build cost...i can't imagine over a 100k....

Gman2004 11-14-2007 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by gjoey66
I agree...that project sounds pretty cool, i really dig people pushing the limits...but v8 isnt' my style...and it's a bit insulting to want 15k on top of that...how much did that build cost...i can't imagine over a 100k....

I am not knocking the V8 either. If I wouldn't have already dumped so much money into my motor, TT, and supporting mods, I would have followed in his foot steps. I think I read that the V8 swap was going to cost around $12K including parts and labor, so yeah $15K on top of the op's bad arse Z is pretty insulting. Like I said he could easily sell his built motor and TT kit and drum up enough money to do the same swap on top of keeping all the other mods. Not to mention he would have money left over after paying for the swap!

NoahzBurnt 11-14-2007 01:27 PM

the swap is well over $12K man....that was the initial quote....with all all the other work done i have spent more than 100K on the car by now (god it hurts to admit that)

I just took the offers for $50K that i have received and subtracted your requested $35k...not bein a d!ck.....but hell it never hurts to ask

good luck with the sale/trade...

gjoey66 11-14-2007 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
the swap is well over $12K man....that was the initial quote....with all all the other work done i have spent more than 100K on the car by now (god it hurts to admit that)

I just took the offers for $50K that i have received and subtracted your requested $35k...not bein a d!ck.....but hell it never hurts to ask

good luck with the sale/trade...

take it...take it fast...if you get 50% of your investment out of a moded car take it and run...i've got 80-90k in invoices...not counting all the little things i bought and paid for after i stopped counting...but 50K...if that's a real offer...take it...but most people offering that kinda money are full of it...trust me i've been dealing with some real characters lately...

kalima275Z 11-14-2007 08:33 PM

Do tell.

gjoey66 11-15-2007 06:23 AM

A couple people thought i just wanted to trade my car for a stock Z...that's it.

I'd been telling them everything about my car and all the work and after a 20 min conversation they'd say ok...i'll trade you my car. I'd say, great what's it worth...they'd say, don't worry about it...i don't want to profit off of you...i almost pissed myself.

One gentleman last night saw my add on craigslist and said that he wanted something a bit sportier and his coworkers told him that "Z cars were fast but no vette" well he didn't really understand the work done on the car...so he thought it was some body and some engine tweaking i think he said...i took him for a little joy ride and on the on ramp going about 50 i power oversteered the thing all the way onto the freeway and across three lanes...going about 110 in a hurry...i swear the guy looked like he was going to cry...he'll let his coworkers know that those "Z cars" are a bit faster than they thought...hahaha...you'd have to be there to appreciate. I've never heard a middle aged guy say Holy Fing $hit so many times in a row.

Gman2004 11-15-2007 06:47 AM

I tried to sell my car in the past and it seemed I only got low ball offers from dreamers. I know you will lose most the money invested, but that doesn't mean you have to lose the shirt off your back. Selling a modded car is hard becuase most people that want a car modded to this level want to build the car themselves. I will never do it again though. I will just wait for someone like you that wants to sell and get an awesome deal.:)

I love my car and everything about it, but it's absolutely by far the dumbest investment I have ever made.:o I type this as I am about to pay off another 5 digit invoice for my lastest mods.:icon43: