MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Forged Performance: 3 Podium Finishes at Redline Time Attack In Nashville (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/375970-forged-performance-3-podium-finishes-at-redline-time-attack-in-nashville.html)

Trevor_ 07-28-2008 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by FrickU
Congratulations on the podiums!

So did you figure out the reason why Philthy's motor went kaput, possibly the build or tune?

Z looks great btw, I'm loving the rims. To bad I missed the event.

Oh, and what tires were you running in both classes? Because your times from modified to unlimited look almost identical.

I was confused about that, too. I didn't seem a wheel change and you were running both classes. How does that work???

Regardless, nice meeting both you and Philthy. Hopefully next event Phil's motor or turbos or whatever the problem was will hold together! But hey, that's racing. If you're not breaking ****, then you're not going fast enough, I guess!

JETPILOT 07-29-2008 02:22 AM

Deleted....

taurran 07-29-2008 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
That car is never going to be able to compete with a boosted Z in a straight line.

You're not taking into account they're racing in a modified class. A modified GT3 will most certainly compete with a modified 350z. Well... should...

Alberto 07-29-2008 04:28 AM

Sick pictures, congrats. Nice to see the cars are getting pushed.

JETPILOT 07-29-2008 04:37 AM

Porsche already has a GT3 that will smoke any Z no matter how much HP it has. Meet the GT3 RS. With only 381 HP it lapped the Ring in 7:42.

http://thecars.free.fr/wall/wall28/p..._gt3_rs_01.jpg

Chef-J 07-29-2008 04:44 AM

congrats!!!

JAM3Z 07-29-2008 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Porsche already has a GT3 that will smoke any Z no matter how much HP it has. Meet the GT3 RS. With only 381 HP it lapped the Ring in 7:42.

http://thecars.free.fr/wall/wall28/p..._gt3_rs_01.jpg

True, the RS will dominate pretty much all comers, but that car is a little over the top for what we're talking about.

Dynosty 07-29-2008 05:20 AM

Congrats Sharif/Forged. Nice seeing you all there and way to hold it down the for VQ's.

JETPILOT 07-29-2008 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
True, the RS will dominate pretty much all comers, but that car is a little over the top for what we're talking about.

Not in the unlimted class. As soon as this series becomes more popular you will start seeing more cars built to run in the unlimited class. I haven't seen any prepped Ferrari's, GT40's, Viper running the Redline series yet. And when they do they will put the Z's in their place. Like the class title says... wait til you see a Viper ACR race prepped running full slicks, twin turbo's, Penske shocks etc.

rednezz 07-29-2008 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

I wanted to so badly, but with the steering issue sidelining us for most of Sat, I didn't want to take a chance on Sunday's event. I will put them to use very soon.

I hope they still have some grip left in them since the rubber is getting pretty old.

Congrats on your podium finishes!!!! :) By the way your Z looks awesome!!!! I need some Forged stickers for my car. :)

EnjukuBG 07-29-2008 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor_
I was confused about that, too. I didn't seem a wheel change and you were running both classes. How does that work???

Regardless, nice meeting both you and Philthy. Hopefully next event Phil's motor or turbos or whatever the problem was will hold together! But hey, that's racing. If you're not breaking ****, then you're not going fast enough, I guess!

It was nice finally putting faces to the names. Philthy and Sharif look like cousins kinda :p. Good job out there. And yea, I dont remember the change in modified tires either. But either way congrats buddy.

ProjectPSI 07-29-2008 06:17 AM

Congrats!

DanielW 07-29-2008 07:13 AM

Nice job!!! is this with the 700bb?

Tyler4 07-29-2008 07:16 AM

^ Yes but w/ only 10 psi

Alberto 07-29-2008 07:19 AM

How did the other Z/G's at the event hold up?

Trevor_ 07-29-2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto

It was super hot, but the BC Racing G35 never skipped a beat. There was a Nismo 350z that won RWD Street class, awesome car, it sounded amazing!

DanielW 07-29-2008 07:29 AM

awesome I can't wait to see how this thing does at 14-15 psi

Sharif@Forged 07-29-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor_

The G35 engine wasn't built by us, and its the first time its been tracked. It was also running WG pressure. We are tearing it down in the next 48hrs, to see what happened, but my guess is that it spun bearing, but I wasn't driving it, so God knows what happened. :) It will be back on the track for the next event, with our one of our engines which have proven to be pretty bullet proof on the track.

With respect the classes and my times, we ran the Hoosiers in the Sunday morning session, and those times counted for Unlimited (mounted on the TE37's). We then ran a modified legal tire in the afternoon sessions which counted for the modified times (mounted on the Enkies). I had almost no practice on Sat, which is why my morning session Unlimited time was about the same as my modified time. Live and learn. :)

Sharif@Forged 07-29-2008 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto

All did well, except for Phil's G35. It's a shame becuase that car was so perfectly setup from a suspension and aero standpoint, and driven by one of the best drivers in the business, Rob Fuller.

There was a red Nismo Z that was turning 1:13.9 in mostly bone stock trim. Everyone had a great time....including Sandy who was recruited as a the trophy girl. :icon17:

rcdash 07-29-2008 07:38 AM

Congrats Sharif and FP crew - very impressive! When you gonna get me 550? ;) lol. Not bad for 450 on that track. Do you know the whp of the other cars?