MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   REQ: a idiot proof DIY guide to install GReddy TT kitt (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/412283-req-a-idiot-proof-diy-guide-to-install-greddy-tt-kitt.html)

SIR_pierre 01-23-2009 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by t0mills (Post 6853299)
The "oh my" was because you were asking if you should use blow off valves, and when told about the AAM 3" WG relocation, you replied that you already had kinetix testpipes...

To me, it sounds like you are pretty clueless about this. I think you are just asking for trouble if you choose to install this yourself. Are you comfortable with pulling the motor out of the car?
I know that it's not absolutely necessary, but there IS a reason why so many shops choose to do so.

-Tim

yeah.. i saw that later when i clicked on the link,

so..is it mutch work to get the engine out? i think i should to it perhaps.. as im allready going to remove the tranny so..

boostintt 01-23-2009 08:05 AM

your gonna spend more money when you blow your engine due to faulty install!!! if you have no mechanical skills this is not the way to learn... i understand you are trying to save money..

VoodooJC 01-23-2009 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Motormouth (Post 6853144)
here is your idiot proof guide to installing a TT kit on your Z:

step 1 - pay installer (Forged Performance)
step 2 - wait
step 3 - pick up car
step 4 - don't crash it

do not deviate from my 4 step plan or grave consequences befall you.

Fixed :thumbup:

That's what I did and I'm happy. :)

SIR_pierre 01-23-2009 08:16 AM

yes of course.everything cost 3 times as much here in sweden
.plus that i have no no trust for the workshops around here (there actually only one that does tuning, and when i leaved my car there for welding of my exhaust..the bill was the doubble of a new Nismo exhaust)

so now you see what i mean with that i dont want to pay for their education. anymore..

thing is that my friend got a workshop,tools and everything but has never done anything with turbos, thats just the issue .

so i just want to know step by step how you work with turbos..

but now atleast i have diceded that we will lift out the engine.

i have NGK Iridium LFR6AIX-116619 sparks..are they good enough?

350 Rookie 01-23-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged (Post 6853131)
and the UTEC offers much better control of the engine, when compared to the UTEC.

So you're saying, we should get a UTEC instead of UTEC. Whats the difference exactly?:icon18:

Rafa 01-23-2009 10:39 AM

Try going to M5board.com or M6board.com, i saw a couple of races on youtube and i think its in sweden, if it is, contact them and maybe their TUNER/MECHANIC can give you a hand installing the KIT or recommend you to somebody, its the only thing i can think of.........

Rafa
11.5@125(old set-up)

SIR_pierre 01-23-2009 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rafa (Post 6854425)
Try going to M5board.com or M6board.com, i saw a couple of races on youtube and i think its in sweden, if it is, contact them and maybe their TUNER/MECHANIC can give you a hand installing the KIT or recommend you to somebody, its the only thing i can think of.........

Rafa
11.5@125(old set-up)

yes i know 2 workshops that does alot of tuning om Evo´s and etc but they are far far from me. over 10 hours one way to drive and i dont even have a working transmission.. but i have asked for a ca price on a installation with the parts i need.

Cass007 01-23-2009 12:27 PM

10 hours isn't horrible. people drive that to go to Forged, IP and GTM all the time. I drive almost 4 hours to get to my tuner. It seems like a small price to pay for piece of mind :dunno:.

iknowitsfast 01-23-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Motormouth (Post 6853144)
here is your idiot proof guide to installing a TT kit on your Z:

step 1 - pay installer (shop)
step 2 - wait
step 3 - pick up car
step 4 - don't crash it

do not deviate from my 4 step plan or grave consequences befall you.

:icon18: Abso - freaking - lutly

bbs350z 01-23-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by SIR_pierre (Post 6852361)
hehe,.well. i dont even have mekanic scills

or spelling skills:icon39:

SIR_pierre 01-24-2009 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by bbs350z (Post 6856848)
or spelling skills:icon39:

yes yes.. super funny.. how about just helping me out?

SIR_pierre 01-24-2009 10:35 AM

so..are my sparks (NGK Iridium LFR6AIX-116619 )good enough? are a UTEC ECU MUTCH better then a Greddy E ultimate?

superchargedg 01-24-2009 11:37 AM

Spark plugs are fine and yes the utec is better imo.

SIR_pierre 01-24-2009 11:43 AM

but in with way are the utec better? becuse if i buy it i will be standing with one e ultimate and 1 blue manage ...

350z-Jim 01-24-2009 11:50 AM

I thought it was illegal to modify a car in Sweden. Are you making a race only car or will you drive with TT on the street?

SIR_pierre 01-24-2009 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim (Post 6858663)
I thought it was illegal to modify a car in Sweden. Are you making a race only car or will you drive with TT on the street?

sorry to say that youre right about that. and the track days i go to mostly requires a street legal car....so...well...lets se what the future will bring hehe

M3ANMACHINE 01-24-2009 02:12 PM

Just drive (or tow) your car to the shop to have it installed. You will save A LOT more money in the long run!

/thread

chopperman 01-24-2009 04:00 PM

Sell the emange and purchased a utec. Hell purchase a used one if you want to save money. There are alot of people using the utec so support is easy to find, and with a bit of reading you can find out how to tune it yourself without a problem. Looking in the tuning section and you will find a long thread dedicated to the Utec.

2slo2bfurious 01-24-2009 06:32 PM

Since it seems that you have been forewarned and still want to do it yourself, its really not rocket science so don't be discouraged....

You get a service manual first, get the crappy greddy manual, make sure you will have another ride for downtime and mishaps, and jump in since you already have the tools....

....a couple of things that cross my mind at the moment:

If you have a lift, take the motor and tranny out the bottom.

In addition to the kit, imo your bare minimums will be a BOV w/ flange, UTEC w/ map sensor, a/f gauge, and NGK 1 step colders. I'm sure theres also other tidbits like vacuum line, stuff to wire your a/f gauge...etc.

Make sure you finish your shopping before you start, since running back and forth to the store, or even waiting for parts is awefully time consuming.

If you are disconnecting the steering column and dropping the motor out the bottom, make sure you don't turn it it at ALL! You'll get a slip light that can only be fixed at the dealer with a consult.

AND most importantly make sure you have a way to tune your car before you even consider touching anything!

....there's alot of other things, but overall just make sure you pay attention to details, if you are really bad at this. Keep organized, and if you find that something is frustrating take a break and come back later and do it right. Don't halfa$$ anything. You will regret it later. Good luck!

alan86 01-24-2009 10:44 PM

+1 on spelling