MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-528/)
-   -   Did Project White Dragon Fail? (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/520995-did-project-white-dragon-fail.html)

GBoger 04-19-2011 01:51 PM

Did Project White Dragon Fail?

So after months and months of nutswingage on the 370z forums and people being blind to the real world it looks like the owner of the 1000whp white dragon 370z has decided to sell the car before it ever even hit the dyno. And he's only asking $140k. AND THAT'S A DEAL FOLKS. I just want to take a second to relish this moment and say "I TOLD YOU SO". And this dude needs a reallity check if he's gonna get 140k for anything with a nissan badge on it.

I would also like to say that shops need to get real with build timelines. A project like really shouldn't even be presented to the public until completion in my opinion. And the owner should be made well aware that the timeline could reach well over a year. It looks like this poor fool got suckered in the door and now is finally reallizing the end is no where in sight and wants out.

</Rant>

ImWeeZzel 04-19-2011 03:19 PM

links?

MyV6IsFast3r 04-19-2011 03:27 PM

Huh?

KingBaby 04-19-2011 03:35 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I wish I got a chance go meet that guy.

cdoxp800 04-19-2011 03:40 PM

In for the:drama:

BornSlippyZ 04-19-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel (Post 9097796)
links?

I think this is it?:dunno:

http://www.t h e 3 7 0 z .com/forced...beyond-90.html

Edit: Sorry about the link guys

BornSlippyZ 04-19-2011 03:43 PM

It gets good on pg 91, some og members talking some sense into this guy.

dikspiel 04-19-2011 03:50 PM

I saw this car at GTM on Monday. I wonder why owner is selling.

KingBaby 04-19-2011 04:11 PM

Too much power!

I forgot all about this car cause it's just money tossed at it no real desire to use the power...

I figure the owner drove it and couldn't tame it in no way on the streets and got scared...

Does anyone know this guy?

WhiteOnWhite350z 04-19-2011 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by KingBaby (Post 9097941)
Too much power!

I forgot all about this car cause it's just money tossed at it no real desire to use the power...

I figure the owner drove it and couldn't tame it in no way on the streets and got scared...

Does anyone know this guy?

This is the owner.

drivessidewayz 04-19-2011 04:26 PM

You could argue that it's one-of-a-kind and someone else gets the prize of showing it first? I dunno, I skipped like 90 pages of it so I'm just assuming that it hasn't been shown and has just started running. I can't see a Nissan other than a GTR with a sticker of >100k unless all the parts are painted with polar bear semen :D

RudeG_v2.0 04-19-2011 04:33 PM

LMFAO

go-fast was proven right …AGAIN.

RudeG_v2.0 04-19-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteOnWhite350z (Post 9097966)
This is the owner.

OMG... like a deer in the headlights.:bowrofl:

He's just a kid!!!:eek: He looks like he's still a teenager. Is this really the car owner??? The only thing that could have made this EPIC FAIL worse was a car owner who is a clueless spoiled rich kid, with minimal life experience, pissing away mommie's & daddie's money while he thinks he knows it all.:suicide:

ImWeeZzel 04-19-2011 05:23 PM

the link didnt work, cliffs anyone?

RudeG_v2.0 04-19-2011 05:27 PM

Fill in the asterisks with "t h e 3 7 0 z"

GBoger 04-19-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel (Post 9098109)
the link didnt work, cliffs anyone?

guy buys z, guy sends car to gtm with trunk full of cash and says i want 1000hp, gtm tells him it will be done in two months, guy posts on this board saying he will storm the top 25 fi list in a month in like june 2010, people try to tell guy the build will take much longer but guy wont listen, build keeps having timeline setbacks and they keep saying it'll be done next week, thread on the 370z . com gets some reallity injected and they get mad and kick said injectors of reallity off forum, guy finally starts to reallize the car isn't going to be done anytime soon and wants to bail and sell the car for 140k

RudeG_v2.0 04-19-2011 06:35 PM

^ and still no proof of 1000whp.

KingBaby 04-19-2011 06:46 PM

right I'd be happier than a skunk if I got 1000whp...

I'd be at every car meet in town revving my **** till it blew up...

But then again he's just doing what folks do with any highend car and that's talk!

Sad sometimes who has money in this world...I stay complaining...

200k + 350z + me = I dream every night what would happen

<--------sulking while playing COD

toner123 04-19-2011 08:43 PM

well he said in his one post that he actully planned to keep the car for a little while and drive it, after that he was looking to sell it because he wanted to get another car or possibly a stock Z for the body customizations he is making. From that, it tells me he is sticking with it till it was done. Also keep in mind he hasn't drove it in a while, but once he gets behind the wheel of that car his whole perspective is going to change imo.

IIQuickSilverII 04-20-2011 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 (Post 9097975)
LMFAO

go-fast was proven right …AGAIN.

bahahahahahahahhaha..OMFG!....

I wonder if the 140 is what it costed him to do it...if so that price rape... And yet.. He was proved right again

Flo-ridaZ33 04-20-2011 06:04 AM

Was this the white one on blue Strasse wheels? I can't open the link

DBTre50z 04-20-2011 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33 (Post 9099074)
Was this the white one on blue Strasse wheels? I can't open the link

^^ yes.

Thats a straight up waste of money too. I think he said hes expecting over 200k in the car when all said and done. Thats a GTR, a Z, and a lifetime of ciroc :icon17:

Flo-ridaZ33 04-20-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by DBTre50z (Post 9099192)
^^ yes.

Thats a straight up waste of money too. I think he said hes expecting over 200k in the car when all said and done. Thats a GTR, a Z, and a lifetime of ciroc :icon17:

That car was finished though... it appeared in a magazine.

http://www.pasmag.com/features/top-r...hake-up?q=370z

I really think this is old news because someone mentioned something about the sale and the owner flipped or something.

RudeG_v2.0 04-20-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33 (Post 9099241)
That car was finished though... it appeared in a magazine.

http://www.pasmag.com/features/top-r...hake-up?q=370z

I really think this is old news because someone mentioned something about the sale and the owner flipped or something.

No, it wasn't finished. When the last thread got locked here, they were still "fast prototyping" a plastic intake manifold and still hadn't achieved 1000whp. They were pushing the car into car shows and photo shoots back then with the fictitious 1000whp label.

dikspiel 04-20-2011 08:09 AM

Oh man Nitrouz put the smack down on the owner on the 370z forum page 93 lulz. I've never heard of that shop who owns the car. Is it new?

Flo-ridaZ33 04-20-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 (Post 9099301)
No, it wasn't finished. When the last thread got locked here, they were still "fast prototyping" a plastic intake manifold and still hadn't achieved 1000whp. They were pushing the car into car shows and photo shoots back then with the fictitious 1000whp label.

Oh damn... that is nuts dude. What does GTM have to say about this situation? 120k for a 1000hp car? Nah I'll definitely pass even though I know it cost far more than that.

RudeG_v2.0 04-20-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33 (Post 9099391)
Oh damn... that is nuts dude. What does GTM have to say about this situation? 120k for a 1000hp car? Nah I'll definitely pass even though I know it cost far more than that.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...nd-beyond.html

Supposedly GTM never told the mags that it made 1000whp and all the mags made the same typo or inaccurate statement in all the articles.

danisr1 04-20-2011 09:21 AM

What a waste of money on that car. He is going to lose his azz trying to sell it. Good post by Alex in the thread to put it in perspective of what the resale on the car will be.

NZMOWND 04-20-2011 10:30 AM

wow 200k?! thats higher then giraffe pussy!!!

Flo-ridaZ33 04-20-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 (Post 9099414)
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...nd-beyond.html

Supposedly GTM never told the mags that it made 1000whp and all the mags made the same typo or inaccurate statement in all the articles.

Wow man... I read it all the way through. I will say I'm disappointed in how things went down. I know this isn't about the shop but dude... alleged $200k in work and still not proven, Now he's selling for $120k? "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" adage comes to mind.

IIQuickSilverII 04-20-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 (Post 9099301)

QFT

dikspiel 04-20-2011 02:57 PM

Owner isn't going to sell until car is finished, FYI.

GBoger 04-20-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by dikspiel (Post 9100137)
Owner isn't going to sell until car is finished, FYI.

thats because you can't get money for a car that doesn't even run.

DBTre50z 04-20-2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by NZMOWND (Post 9099623)
wow 200k?! thats higher then giraffe pussy!!!

:ugh:

RudeG_v2.0 04-21-2011 10:52 AM

Looks like some posts were deleted from the thread on the_370z.:icon22:

Sylvan Lake V35 04-22-2011 08:46 AM

Wow $120-140K :suicide: I would have taken Nitrouzs 420TTZ over the 370Z and 1/2 the cost at $60K.

If he dosent get the 120-140K he will part it out, then build another 370Z with parts from his own company :dunno:

dikspiel 04-22-2011 09:00 AM

that doesn't make much sense

ITOzann 04-22-2011 09:43 AM

massive FAIL!

BoomerZ33 04-22-2011 10:17 AM

well isn't that a damn shame. owner got :gotowned:

Nitrouz 04-22-2011 04:01 PM

He's just a kid with parents' money probably. If it was his money he would know the $120k market for a modded Z does not exist. Collectors do not collect modded newer inexpensive cars. It's a massive depreciating asset and no one with enough income to afford a $120k toy would "collect" that car. For people with that kind of money who's into custom cars, they would rather build it themselves to see it evolve.

The kid has no sense of the used market. Unfortunately he will see it the hard way.

It will either be sold for half his asking price, or parted out, or sold for his full asking price to another rich fool such as himself. These are the only 3 possibilities.

SparkleCityHop 04-22-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nitrouz (Post 9104352)
It will either be sold for half his asking price, or parted out, or sold for his full asking price to another rich fool such as himself. These are the only 3 possibilities.

What's funny is that the shops will convince him that he'll have to part it out to get any money back. Then they will charge him for the labor to take everything back off again.

Ha! What a tard!

KingBaby 04-22-2011 05:10 PM

Yea that collector part was funny!

What's funnier is the folks backing him up on the 370z forums...

30k is fun money

Douche

drivessidewayz 04-22-2011 06:38 PM

/shrug. Sounds like a lot of bs, but I can't speak from personal experience. I don't see how you can spend $200k making 1k hp, but then again I've never tried.

Honda2Nismo 04-23-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz (Post 9104563)
/shrug. Sounds like a lot of bs, but I can't speak from personal experience. I don't see how you can spend $200k making 1k hp, but then again I've never tried.

Hitting $200k is easy.. once you bend over.

WhiteOnWhite350z 04-23-2011 06:56 PM

The owner of the car won a lawsuit (settled) and was handed lots of $$$$. He is a tool and I have been calling him out on it since day 1. He talks alot but never seems to back up any of his claims online. That other forum is a bunch of fanbois that buy into his BS. Its pretty pathetic. But since everything gets deleted and brushed under the rug on that forum, I hardly even post anymore.

DIGItonium 04-24-2011 09:52 AM

This is how I see it...

I don't care about power claims and component choices for this project. He helps keep people in business so they can churn out production parts for the masses. I don't have the financial means to support the VR38 retrofit project, but I'm thankful the owner stepped up to the plate. It may not be appealing for everyone, but this is what I've been waiting for. I already have the VR38 intake plenum and engine cover, and am coordinating the hardware purchase (Stage 1 TT, oil cooler, and EVC 6).

In recent news, the latest iteration of the prototype lower intake manifold fitment to the project car is good. However, the stock fuel rails won't fit the new design. Therefore, GTM is currently fabricating custom fuel rails. Once it is done, they will install it and fire up the car.

On the other hand, my car will only produce power in the range of 380-450whp (6-8 PSI) with the Stage 1 TT kit (nothing fancy). I think it would be neat-o to ditch the plastic plenum and replace it with a VR38 plenum. As long as it does not have detrimental effects, it is good in my books.

SparkleCityHop 04-24-2011 02:25 PM

We're not giving the shops a hard time, I understand the advantage that rich stupid people provide to the rest of us. They spend money being the guinea pigs that the rest of us can't afford to be.

At the end of the day, the shops are there to listen to what someone says they want, provide recommendations on how to accomplish that, and hopefully close the deal and provide it for a profit so that they can stay in business.

We're giving the guy a hard time for being so separated from reality, and for spending that much money in something that isn't an INVESTMENT (his mind), but is "spent money" (reality). I think that it's common knowledge that when you buy a car brand new, and drive it off the lot, that you can't bring it back 2 months later and expect to sell it without losing a significant value. Even more obvious than that should be that when you're dealing with aftermarket parts, that they don't increase the value of your car - and that their value drops even faster after they are used. The final point is that high end aftermarket parts have a finite audience that would consider buying them, and an even smaller finite market that would consider buying them used instead of new.

I would think that with a large/complicated build, that you'd be EXTREMELY lucky if you could even come out getting a quarter of your spent money back if you tried to sell. And I say "spent money", not MSRP of the parts. This guy seems to think that he can get something comparable to a small reduction off of MSRP for new parts and new car when both are now used - and haven't been proven to produce the results that he's been claiming.

Am I glad that rich idiots exist? Yes, because maybe the trickle down of their used parts will net me a good deal on something that I need. But am I grateful to the rich idiots? No, I'm thankful to the shops that listened to what he said he wanted and then provided it to him, regardless of how stupid he was.

KingBaby 04-24-2011 02:58 PM

In short his money funded R&D!

Lol

SparkleCityHop 04-24-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by KingBaby (Post 9106972)
In short his money funded R&D!

Lol

Yeah, I understand that, you understand that... he is stupid, because he doesn't - he thinks it was an investment. :)

RudeG_v2.0 04-24-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteOnWhite350z (Post 9105964)
The owner of the car won a lawsuit (settled) and was handed lots of $$$$. He is a tool and I have been calling him out on it since day 1. He talks alot but never seems to back up any of his claims online. That other forum is a bunch of fanbois that buy into his BS. Its pretty pathetic. But since everything gets deleted and brushed under the rug on that forum, I hardly even post anymore.

:werd: the_370z .com is a pathetic and worthless site that has nothing valuable to offer for an experienced VQ enthusiast. The admin over there is a corrupt money grubbing prick. He allowed Scott Bush (Relentless Autosports) on there as a vendor despite being warned/informed about his shadiness with the 350z/g35 community. Like you said, they delete and sweep a lot of the dirt under the carpet. I have a 370Z, but won't support that site because of all the epic fail and blind fanboyism over there.

Originally Posted by DIGItonium (Post 9106596)
I don't care about power claims and component choices for this project. He helps keep people in business so they can churn out production parts for the masses. I don't have the financial means to support the VR38 retrofit project, but I'm thankful the owner stepped up to the plate. It may not be appealing for everyone, but this is what I've been waiting for. I already have the VR38 intake plenum and engine cover, and am coordinating the hardware purchase (Stage 1 TT, oil cooler, and EVC 6).

In recent news, the latest iteration of the prototype lower intake manifold fitment to the project car is good. However, the stock fuel rails won't fit the new design. Therefore, GTM is currently fabricating custom fuel rails. Once it is done, they will install it and fire up the car.

On the other hand, my car will only produce power in the range of 380-450whp (6-8 PSI) with the Stage 1 TT kit (nothing fancy). I think it would be neat-o to ditch the plastic plenum and replace it with a VR38 plenum. As long as it does not have detrimental effects, it is good in my books.

Wow... a GTM fanboy with a join date of 2002. Truly sad.:icon27:

And why in the hell would you waste money on a VR38 intake manifold, which is absolutely unnecessary for your power goal of 380-450whp?:icon14: The stock intake manifold performs fine at that power level.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ming-soon.html

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop (Post 9106934)
We're not giving the shops a hard time, I understand the advantage that rich stupid people provide to the rest of us. They spend money being the guinea pigs that the rest of us can't afford to be.

At the end of the day, the shops are there to listen to what someone says they want, provide recommendations on how to accomplish that, and hopefully close the deal and provide it for a profit so that they can stay in business.

We're giving the guy a hard time for being so separated from reality, and for spending that much money in something that isn't an INVESTMENT (his mind), but is "spent money" (reality). I think that it's common knowledge that when you buy a car brand new, and drive it off the lot, that you can't bring it back 2 months later and expect to sell it without losing a significant value. Even more obvious than that should be that when you're dealing with aftermarket parts, that they don't increase the value of your car - and that their value drops even faster after they are used. The final point is that high end aftermarket parts have a finite audience that would consider buying them, and an even smaller finite market that would consider buying them used instead of new.

I would think that with a large/complicated build, that you'd be EXTREMELY lucky if you could even come out getting a quarter of your spent money back if you tried to sell. And I say "spent money", not MSRP of the parts. This guy seems to think that he can get something comparable to a small reduction off of MSRP for new parts and new car when both are now used - and haven't been proven to produce the results that he's been claiming.

Am I glad that rich idiots exist? Yes, because maybe the trickle down of their used parts will net me a good deal on something that I need. But am I grateful to the rich idiots? No, I'm thankful to the shops that listened to what he said he wanted and then provided it to him, regardless of how stupid he was.

^ Well said... except some of us are also giving GTM a hard time for fleecing this tard while continuing their typical style of marketing fluff and failed attempts to achieve 1000whp. But if you want a 1000whp dreamer thread full of hype... GTM is the best in the business at producing those.:icon17:

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop (Post 9106975)
Yeah, I understand that, you understand that... he is stupid, because he doesn't - he thinks it was an investment. :)

He is also stupid for paying $200K for a 1000+whp build to a shop that has ZERO experience building 1000whp cars.:suicide: