MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   vq35de rebuilt what can i do oil preston flow (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/590235-vq35de-rebuilt-what-can-i-do-oil-preston-flow.html)

vqpower 2 02-11-2014 04:47 AM

vq35de rebuilt what can i do oil preston flow

Hi every one

first i'm french Canadien so that why my english is not realy good
i search to find what can i do inside my vq35de rebuilt to get better internal flow because my engine never last more then one summer

My setup
rebuilt oem crank whit acl race bearing ( oem size )
brien crower rod
cosworth 8.1 piston
arp stud
rebuilt head stock
metal head gasket
pathfinder cooling kit
greddy oil pan
turbonetic single turbo kit whit garett gt35 turbo
run at 8-9 psi last summer
tanabe exhaust

my bad is i did not go to the dyno last year because my engine & turbo cost me to much ( this year i will go to dyno looking to boost around 16 psi if i have 400 whp i m happy i want durable good setup )

when i drift my engine over heat so i buy a koyo rad and i m looking to buy a oil cooler

what happen is when i was around 160 mph my crank bearing crush and partially destroyed i use syntetic Gulf oil

what i m looking is there any way i can upgrade the oil and prestone flow inside my engine
because my vq is a part right now and i have time to do porting or ?

thanks guy for your answer hope that will help me do a better setup !!

djamps 02-11-2014 05:24 AM

you should be using a new revup oil pump for each build. also consider looser clearances if you are tracking it.

dkmura 02-11-2014 05:25 AM

It took me awhile to read through your post and determine what you're really asking. If you are looking for ways to increase internal coolant flow, there really isn't any. Porting is a term generally reserved for refining airflow through the heads, not coolant through the block. You mentioned not using an oil cooler on your boosted VQ and that really is the biggest external change you can make to keep oil temps down.

If you have the engine apart right now, and it severely overheated last summer, you'd be well-advised to have all the internal components tested and checked. For example, the crank should be magnafluxed and checked for straightness. The block crack checked as well, before those pricey rods go back in. As for oil recommendations, you should really read Resolute's UOA thread for some solid data points to consider.

dkmura 02-11-2014 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by djamps (Post 10326080)
you should be using a new revup oil pump for each build. also consider looser clearances if you are tracking it.

Good points- and he's talking about slightly bigger BEARING clearances to provide better cooling. It's an old racing trick, and it works, but don't expect long life out of it.

vqpower 2 02-11-2014 09:31 AM

ok thx guys like i said my english suck lol
i know porting is for head
but i didn know how to say what i want
i want to know if i can oversize some oil pass or preston pass so thx dkmura for your answer
i know coswort have bigger oil pump but is realy expansive
i didn know about the rev up oil pump thx i will do that

i read about put a rev up intake for the air flow i have one in hand so i may try that what you guys think about that

and it s full shure everything will be check by my friend tuner shop before i do my rebuilt
and this z is my daily weekend track car so i don t know if i should do looser clearence

DaveJackson 02-11-2014 05:07 PM

Bigger, faster fan with higher cfm (cubic feet of air per minute).
Switch to a coolant mixture higher in water concentration because water has a higher specific heat capacity.

taywan 02-11-2014 05:40 PM

Seems like a good tune before beating on it would be a great idea like you say. And jeez you should be way a over 400whp at 16psi when 8psi TN does 380-400. Or Ami missing something??