MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Cosworth hR/VHR Headgaskets are no longer available!? (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/620170-cosworth-hr-vhr-headgaskets-are-no-longer-available.html)

Tran251 08-14-2018 11:08 AM

Cosworth hR/VHR Headgaskets are no longer available!?

Ive checked all the major venders and I can’t seem to get a set of Cosworth HR/VHR Head gaskets. Anyone know where I can get a set? ConceptZ and Z1 are out.

Juztin 09-14-2018 09:56 PM

I'd recommend considering Dynosty head gaskets, that's what I went with this second time around and haven't had coolant issues (whew!). I've tried HR stock head gaskets & Cometic both of which failed. Been fine since going with Dynosty's.

bealljk 09-15-2018 06:44 PM

I'd go with an HR gasket ... readily available and not too expensive. The best head gasket in the world wont save your engine from a bad tune or improper head-stud installation.

Tran251 09-16-2018 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Juztin (Post 10971841)
I'd recommend considering Dynosty head gaskets, that's what I went with this second time around and haven't had coolant issues (whew!). I've tried HR stock head gaskets & Cometic both of which failed. Been fine since going with Dynosty's.

I got dynostys gaskets and returned them because it was for the DE. I already modded the block for HR gaskets. I ended up getting cometic gen 3 gaskets from concept Z. Thanks Juztin

Originally Posted by bealljk (Post 10971892)
I'd go with an HR gasket ... readily available and not too expensive. The best head gasket in the world wont save your engine from a bad tune or improper head-stud installation.

True. Thanks for the tips about hp academy bealjk! They’ve been helping me get a better understanding on how to tune. You were right. I told them that I already knew what the course was about and they gave me a discount on the practical stand alone tuning course.
I ended up getting the Haltech EMS because from what I seen, it’s really simple to configure and I can get dual CAN widebands. My local tuner said he was going to give me some pointers on tuning when on the dyno so that was also a plus.
Do you remember how u had the air temp sensor hooked up? I will hook up the probe at where the air leaves the intercooler. Or should I hook it up on the charge pipe right before the TB? As for the wiring, did you get the power from the ecu out or should I run separate 12+ and ground then just the signal to the ecu?

Juztin 09-16-2018 06:10 PM

Yea sorry forgot to add that part I'm an HR as well, went with the Dynosty HR/VHR head gaskets. No worries though, best of luck on your setup! It seems a lot of VHR stuff can just be used for our HR's.

Tran251 09-19-2018 08:30 AM

Dynosty discontinued the hr gaskets. They just have DE now. I had to get cometic as there is no other choice now. You lucked out juztin and caught them right in time.

Juztin 09-21-2018 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tran251 (Post 10972140)
Dynosty discontinued the hr gaskets. They just have DE now. I had to get cometic as there is no other choice now. You lucked out juztin and caught them right in time.

Damn that sucks to hear they discontinued it, but I *think* for what it's worth that you can just run a VHR head gasket in the future to get more vendor/product options if you do have to do a do-over. Kinda like how you can run the VHR block with the HR heads kinda thing.