Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Cosworth hR/VHR Headgaskets are no longer available!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:08 AM
Tran251

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cosworth hR/VHR Headgaskets are no longer available!?

Ive checked all the major venders and I can’t seem to get a set of Cosworth HR/VHR Head gaskets. Anyone know where I can get a set? ConceptZ and Z1 are out.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd recommend considering Dynosty head gaskets, that's what I went with this second time around and haven't had coolant issues (whew!). I've tried HR stock head gaskets & Cometic both of which failed. Been fine since going with Dynosty's.

Last edited by Juztin; 09-16-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:44 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I'd go with an HR gasket ... readily available and not too expensive. The best head gasket in the world wont save your engine from a bad tune or improper head-stud installation.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Tran251

Originally Posted by Juztin
I'd recommend considering Dynosty head gaskets, that's what I went with this second time around and haven't had coolant issues (whew!). I've tried HR stock head gaskets & Cometic both of which failed. Been fine since going with Dynosty's.
I got dynostys gaskets and returned them because it was for the DE. I already modded the block for HR gaskets. I ended up getting cometic gen 3 gaskets from concept Z. Thanks Juztin
Originally Posted by bealljk
I'd go with an HR gasket ... readily available and not too expensive. The best head gasket in the world wont save your engine from a bad tune or improper head-stud installation.
True. Thanks for the tips about hp academy bealjk! They’ve been helping me get a better understanding on how to tune. You were right. I told them that I already knew what the course was about and they gave me a discount on the practical stand alone tuning course.
I ended up getting the Haltech EMS because from what I seen, it’s really simple to configure and I can get dual CAN widebands. My local tuner said he was going to give me some pointers on tuning when on the dyno so that was also a plus.
Do you remember how u had the air temp sensor hooked up? I will hook up the probe at where the air leaves the intercooler. Or should I hook it up on the charge pipe right before the TB? As for the wiring, did you get the power from the ecu out or should I run separate 12+ and ground then just the signal to the ecu?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Juztin

Yea sorry forgot to add that part I'm an HR as well, went with the Dynosty HR/VHR head gaskets. No worries though, best of luck on your setup! It seems a lot of VHR stuff can just be used for our HR's.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Tran251

Dynosty discontinued the hr gaskets. They just have DE now. I had to get cometic as there is no other choice now. You lucked out juztin and caught them right in time.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:02 AM
Juztin

Originally Posted by Tran251
Dynosty discontinued the hr gaskets. They just have DE now. I had to get cometic as there is no other choice now. You lucked out juztin and caught them right in time.
Damn that sucks to hear they discontinued it, but I *think* for what it's worth that you can just run a VHR head gasket in the future to get more vendor/product options if you do have to do a do-over. Kinda like how you can run the VHR block with the HR heads kinda thing.

Last edited by Juztin; 09-21-2018 at 08:14 AM.