MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Intake Exhaust (https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust-334/)
-   -   installer put on my stock header gasket! (https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/110660-installer-put-on-my-stock-header-gasket.html)

o snap its eric 02-17-2005 07:17 AM

installer put on my stock header gasket!

I bought them some brand new ones but they used the ones there were on my oem headers. IS there anything bad about re-using old header gaskets? Am i prone to a leak now?

spazpilot 02-17-2005 07:38 AM

Nope they are metal, I would just get your money back on the new ones and not worry about it.

Zivman 02-17-2005 07:47 AM

Re: installer put on my stock header gasket!

Originally posted by o snap its eric
I bought them some brand new ones but they used the ones there were on my oem headers. IS there anything bad about re-using old header gaskets? Am i prone to a leak now?

That's why I install my own parts ;)

You should be fine, the OEM gasket is good, most likely better than the the aftermarket one you provided. They can be reused because they are metal.

What headers did you go with?

o snap its eric 02-17-2005 07:49 AM

i went with DC and i had my cats installed at the same time. I had cats before before they cracked on me but i must say there is a definite gain all around the powerband along with some weight savings and more responsiveness. THe cat and header combo is definitly worth the install. My car now roars! No joke. Are WOT its very intiminating.

Zivman 02-17-2005 07:57 AM

Originally posted by o snap its eric
i went with DC and i had my cats installed at the same time. I had cats before before they cracked on me but i must say there is a definite gain all around the powerband along with some weight savings and more responsiveness. THe cat and header combo is definitly worth the install. My car now roars! No joke. Are WOT its very intiminating.
What cats and exhaust are you running? I have Topspeed headers with labree resonated test pipes into a Greddy EVO2 and the car just "sings"

Tony@Performance 02-17-2005 08:09 AM

unless the gaskets are bad, don't worry about changing it out. you can re-use those with no issues

o snap its eric 02-17-2005 09:54 AM

thanks guys! I was worried for a bit. Installing headers is costly.

I am running nismo exhuast, JWT intake, Z-tube, Kentix Cats, and now DC headers.

I would make a sounds clip or drive by and idle revs but i dont know how to. So if someone from the bay would like to help i would gladly do it. But man, its mean sounding.

alininger2001 02-17-2005 05:24 PM

Don't worry, the gasket is probably in the same exact condition as the new ones, mine were.

Jason@Performance 02-17-2005 07:45 PM

he did you a favor if your headers came with paper gaskets...

the factory gaskets are metal and superior to all the after market gaskets i have seen for the head - manifold and manifold - cat gaskets...