MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   Airbag light flashing... needs to be fixed... Dealer rant... (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/561435-airbag-light-flashing-needs-to-be-fixed-dealer-rant.html)

SoldzMyZ 08-09-2012 09:10 PM

Neimad, dude thank you so much! This is a good lead. I work on this Sunday : )

If I can fix this issue for good I owe you big time!

Z_enthusiast 08-09-2012 09:35 PM

Was the car in ANY accident to make this light come on? if so theres MULTIPLE parts that must be replaced to remove the light.

moloch 08-31-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Neimad (Post 9835835)
If the light is flashing there is a code.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is off, wait for more than three seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 twice. (Perform 3 times total)
5. Turn ignition switch to ON again.

That puts it in diagnosis mode, after you retrieve the codes do the whole thing over again to go back to user mode. Or disconnect the battery, seems faster.

Count the flashes, report back. If the code pops up when someone sits in the passenger seat its most likely the pass seat weight sensor.

Hi there,

I have the same issue, my error code is 16, 1 slow then 6 fast, however I can't find out what this error means. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Neimad 08-31-2013 01:01 PM

What year do you have? For an 06 that looks like crash zone sensor, check wiring, check sensor, then module.

dboyzalter 01-06-2017 09:55 AM

I need to try this next time I start my car, my lights blinking :(

dboyzalter 01-14-2017 10:14 AM

Soooo im trying to get it into diagnostic mode without flooding my car.. Any ideas... I tried a few times with no luck.

zakmartin 01-19-2017 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by dboyzalter (Post 10853203)
Soooo im trying to get it into diagnostic mode without flooding my car.. Any ideas... I tried a few times with no luck.

Probably too late to write a response on this, but....

I'm not 100% sure this works on the Z, but I've used the method on other cars.

Try starting the car while flooring the gas pedal at the same time. This should clear flood mode by shutting off the fuel pump. Because new fuel isn't being pumped into the engine, the car won't start (obviously,) but it will clear out the existing fuel in the system. Wait a few minutes for any remaining gasoline to clear and then try starting the car again normally.

Dec Radius 03-29-2019 05:48 PM

There are several threads on this issue here, and hopefully I have hit on the most relevant one. This issue seems to be pretty prevalent on Gs and Zs, and without any genuine accountability being taken on the part of Nissan or Infinity. Just dealers throwing the customer's money at a giant sinkhole. That doesn't work for me.

I have the same issue. When I bought the car (2005 G35 Rev-Up) in December of last year, it had a flashing SRS light. I did a quick search before I pulled off the dealer's lot, put it in diagnostic mode, and then I used the 7on/4off/7on/4off/7on/4off/3on/2off/start for 3/kill for 3/start, and it stayed gone for several months...until 2 weeks ago.

Now I can clear the issue, but with varying results, and it's typically back on within a day or two, and sometimes within 20 minutes. I get the flash code in 2s, (two long, and two short) and with my good OBD II reader, it shows an error code of:

B1134 (1/3) Current
Side Module LH Open

Is the side module located under the Driver's seat?

If anyone has any sage words before I tear into everything, or saw a thread I missed, I'd be thankful for a quick steer in the right direction.
I can read a schematic, and intend to use the helpful information above to troubleshoot the issue.
The car has not been involved in any accidents of note, and it appears to retain all of its original paint, with perhaps a very good re-spray of the front bumper.
Thanks, in advance.