MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Maintenance & Repair (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair-53/)
-   -   Squeaking sound after repairs (https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/609424-squeaking-sound-after-repairs.html)

dragoonkane 02-18-2016 12:31 PM

Squeaking sound after repairs

i have this squeak sound on my passenger side of the car. if i lift up or push down on that side of the car i get the sound it is almost continuous when i drive. i didn't go in to the shop with the sound it was only after they replaced the lower control arms,struts and strut mounts no sound but they ruined my old struts so i went back they replaced it with new struts that started the sound then i took it back they replaced the struts a 2nd time i didn't have the sound at first but after about 10 minutes of driving it came back then went away for like 2 hours and then came back again

this is a link of the sound with me just lifting up on the fender

travlee 02-18-2016 05:05 PM

sounds like my bed

jtbinvalrico 02-18-2016 09:15 PM

Check the bolts securing top of the strut on the passenger side......check the bolts securing that strut bar too.

dcains 02-19-2016 02:40 AM

Aftermarket swaybar? I finally switched my front Hotchkis for a Nismo bar after trying every type of grease available and two sets of bushings. Yours sounds more like metal on metal, though.

RWDBajan 02-19-2016 08:34 AM

Does the spring on that corner still have the plastic insulator at the bottom, between it and the strut?

dragoonkane 02-20-2016 09:13 AM

checked under the car

Originally Posted by RWDBajan (Post 10725858)
Does the spring on that corner still have the plastic insulator at the bottom, between it and the strut?

I was able to get under the car last night and yea the plastic insulator that loops around the bottom of the spring was there. That was my guess that maybe something like that was missing but once i jacked the car up i could no longer make the noise, so i lowered it down on top of a board so i could peek my head under the car and couldnt get the noise then either.

dragoonkane 02-20-2016 09:17 AM

bolts seem tight

Originally Posted by jtbinvalrico (Post 10725683)
Check the bolts securing top of the strut on the passenger side......check the bolts securing that strut bar too.

the sound seems lower then that when standing next to the car it was my first thought too that the bolts weren't tight on top

RWDBajan 02-22-2016 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You could try spraying the various potential squeak points with silicone one at a time. Carefully so you don't get any on the brakes or tires. Red circled areas, I'm thinking.

dragoonkane 03-03-2016 08:18 PM

problem fixed

So just to recap and to help anyone that has this issue. it turns out that the shop damaged the strut mount and messed up the rubber insulator and there was metal on metal inside the strut mount. So i replaced the mounts and no more squeak

thx for all the help