Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Old, retired, or otherwise unavailable (aka Banned) Mid-A OG's Represent.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009 | 05:59 PM
Driven1
Professional

Default Old, retired, or otherwise unavailable (aka Banned) Mid-A OG's Represent.

So..........

The story begins......

Someone raised the question, of WHAT the OG mid-A members have been up to, and sure as Hoover wore a skirt, I HAVE the dirt.

There are many exciting adventures that our OG's have been partaking in, some of which have taken us halfway across the world. Since I am one of the only that is not banned.. I have taken it upon myself to keep you updated on my findings, and our stories....

First, for me....

After successfully enjoying 2 cross country trips in my Z, i have discovered drifting...

and that I am not that good.... YET.

BUT my tie down skills are rapidly improving, and will benefit me greatly in future rallies...

Dave Shiroma'san is very proud of my tape work, and zip tie skills

...like true ricers.. we never quit... (zero gravity has much to learn)

I had to stop by Mikes place for Quick Detailer....

More to come....
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:05 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

throw some hot pink tape on that bumper fix it up and put taht **** backon hahah.. u gotta have the drifter style! slap whateve ru can on the car and drift.

uber drift!
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:22 PM
Driven1
Professional

On to MDracer76 (AKA Mike D // AKA The banned one // AKA Mid-A DK )

Besides his normal 9-5, rumor is that he has become a spokesperson for Enzyte, the male enhancement pills.

and apparently....it works...

Besides getting it on with the ladies and taking "lessons of the ladies 101" from Mr. S. he's been also attending drifting events with myself.

Here's he and myself during one of our lapses in judgment (yes we all have them...but this was Mikes fault Brent, I swear....look he's driving)

He's still has the Z, and occasionally is seen sliding around the Mid-A... despite his appearances he is friendly.... but keep your daughters away from him.

More to come.....

Last edited by Driven1; 03-16-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:26 PM
my350isblack

where do you guys drift at??? they closed down pungo here in va beach and we are lookin for a place other than the streets (cuz its dangerous and dumb, and not worth getting caught)
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:30 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

LOL... Count me in for this summer's OG events! My car actually runs this year!
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:39 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by my350isblack
where do you guys drift at??? they closed down pungo here in va beach and we are lookin for a place other than the streets (cuz its dangerous and dumb, and not worth getting caught)
Summit Point....Drift Nirvana. Put on by some local friends of ours and ALL are welcome with multiple courses set up for beginners and advanced. It happens once a month...typically every 3rd week. We'll be out there and look for a HUGE BBQ and meet to be set-up by us with good times and food for EVERYONE, as we are known for. One or more of us will typically be attending every one of these events.

Come join us. Entry runs from $75 to $150 for ALL DAY.
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:43 PM
hearts98jm

Originally Posted by Driven1
So..........

The story begins......

Someone raised the question, of WHAT the OG mid-A members have been up to, and sure as Hoover wore a skirt, I HAVE the dirt.

There are many exciting adventures that our OG's have been partaking in, some of which have taken us halfway across the world. Since I am one of the only that is not banned.. I have taken it upon myself to keep you updated on my findings, and our stories....

First, for me....

After successfully enjoying 2 cross country trips in my Z, i have discovered drifting...

and that I am not that good.... YET.

BUT my tie down skills are rapidly improving, and will benefit me greatly in future rallies...

Dave Shiroma'san is very proud of my tape work, and zip tie skills

...like true ricers.. we never quit... (zero gravity has much to learn)

I had to stop by Mikes place for Quick Detailer....

More to come....
thats a sweet a.. ride
Old 03-16-2009 | 07:08 PM
my350isblack

Originally Posted by Driven1
Summit Point....Drift Nirvana. Put on by some local friends of ours and ALL are welcome with multiple courses set up for beginners and advanced. It happens once a month...typically every 3rd week. We'll be out there and look for a HUGE BBQ and meet to be set-up by us with good times and food for EVERYONE, as we are known for. One or more of us will typically be attending every one of these events.

Come join us. Entry runs from $75 to $150 for ALL DAY.
sounds good, thanks for the info, ill have to check it out sometime
Old 03-16-2009 | 07:59 PM
Driven1
Professional

Now for Brent......

Well you see.......

When he's not running into furry little animals and practicing his tape skills for future rallies......

He's partaking in MMA lessons in Australia where he is currently residing temporarily and occasionally making appearances here....with his trainer and sparring partner Sensei Kanga Roo.

His Z car is still together and currently for sale as he has now purchased a GT-R and drives it ONLY when Mike D and myself allow him due to the car growing VERY fond of us... just don't tell him that.

For questions and inquiries into the phenomenal 4.2L TT ZR just ask. It's up and running flawlessly.

Stay tuned for more.....

and find out........Who's next?... Juan?... Nowell?... Kelly?... Toby?.......
Old 03-17-2009 | 04:59 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

who the hell is juan?!?
Old 03-17-2009 | 06:31 AM
abui01

^ That sucker managed to keep his car now LOL
Looks like big plans for this summer since everyone actually HAS a car... (that runs!) including Ted!
Old 03-17-2009 | 06:55 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Really Juan's keeping his car?! YESSSSS!!!! THis is gonna be one hell of a summer. Ricers get your cars running!
Old 03-17-2009 | 07:16 AM
Z33@SIM

ahhhh can I haz be part of Mid-A crew? Hell half of Eric's mods is on my car... does that count?

Old 03-17-2009 | 07:17 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

hopefully ill either be twin'd or vorteched by summer.!! my dad wants to do a father son project/ have a sick J&D autosports car. LOL
Old 03-17-2009 | 07:40 AM
KManZ
Banned

Anymore Tyson's Corner Lunch Meets? There are some decent backroads out on Rt. 7 we could go on. I'll hang back in case someone goes off the road
Old 03-17-2009 | 07:44 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.
hopefully ill either be twin'd or vorteched by summer.!! my dad wants to do a father son project/ have a sick J&D autosports car. LOL
Vortech for smooth reliable power...

twins for beastly razors edge get the F out of my way fun!

cant go wrong with any boost application.
Old 03-17-2009 | 07:45 AM
4SHIZZIL

Great Post Man!
Old 03-17-2009 | 07:55 AM
abui01

All supercharge guys upgrade to turbos anyways, might as well skip that step, get a twin turbo and be done with it!
Old 03-17-2009 | 08:06 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by abui01
All supercharge guys upgrade to turbos anyways, might as well skip that step, get a twin turbo and be done with it!
+1
Old 03-17-2009 | 10:28 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Here is my long update.

Cliffs: grew up some, bought a motorcycle, bought a house, bought a dog, bought other new toys for new hobby, Z is done for now...I will return

After blowing my built engine up, I rebuilt it. Picked it up at the end of May from Forged. LONG (private) story short I wasnt 100% satisfied went to Ray @ PFS and he rocks.

After picking up the car from him in June something was missing, just going through the hassle of the rebuild, this and that, it's hard to explain. Right now I dont LOVE nor HATE my car. I appreciate it now by just letting it sit...2300 miles since May! I'll soon return to making her roar...

Bought a motorcycle in June, damn what a life changer for me. 6500 miles and still riding, even down into 30 degree temps. There is no description for how hardcore it is compared to driving.

Leaning into turns > body rolling away from them

I then bought a house, with my GF of nearly 6 years (mid-a-mamma) and recently got a dog. An Italian Mastiff named Torque, he will be 100-130lbs of joy one day.

Graduated from Towson University last year and have been enjoying my home, dog, significant other and riding to name a few-oh Im also addicted to COD4 on PS3 LOL. I guess Im getting old I dont party AS MUCH as I used to but enjoy the occasional night of insanity.

I recently learned the tags on the Z have been suspended since Nov 07' (when I built it the first time), and at the end of this month they are expired I will have a battle with emissions and the MVA to avoid fees and get it back on the road.

Life kinda took over for me, but Im not complaining. Ive gotten into other hobbies and for now dont miss the car too much. Occasionally I get the urge to rag the fawk out of it and go 160+mph, but it has bad brakes that need changing and it needs front tires so I'll get back to it this summer!! I always think about getting it to the track and hitting my goal but it would require money thay I dont want to spend on the cage/transmission/axles/etc.

I still rag on uneducated know-it-alls on this site when Im not busy at work lol that wont change.

Quick Reply: Old, retired, or otherwise unavailable (aka Banned) Mid-A OG's Represent.