Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Is is OK for vendors to "steal" pics for use in their threads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The part that I dont like is they did it even after he told them not to do it.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I guess since its my picture in question Ill chime in. Strafe sent me a PM asking if he could use the pictures for his thread selling the same replica bumper, or similar. I never responded because quite frankly I thought it was a stupid question to ask a customer that went through a different company for the product, and taking into consideration that they wrapped it in carbon and painted it. So he went ahead and took them anyway. So I wrote that comment above ^ that someone quoted me on, and he took them down. Now, if they are back up again then I can see issue. But to my knowledge he took them down immediately. So I don't necessarily have a problem with Strafe, he complied when I explained the situation and we moved on. But I agree that it is not very honest to display a product that you literally did not sell to that consumer. I believe he is still using AI's picture that they sent me of my bumper painted before it shipped, but I didnt take it so I have no say in that one.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 AM
JEKL

I have no idea if they are using it anymore. I started this thread months ago when it was an issue. Then some clown felt the need to bump it saying the mods can't do crap.

Glad to hear that they did respect your wishes in the end.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 AM
350zbiturbo

Originally Posted by JEKL

Unlike you, I do not assume anything. I had spoken with the owner of the car and he flat out said that he did not give them permission when they asked.

Jekl, you make me laugh man, has nothing to do with respecting mods. So stop trying to think of them as your mother and getting me in trouble when I am disrespecting no one. You said that you spoke to the person in question about this, and I guess we find out your full of it now. You stated that you spoke to the person with the pictures and now he comes in here, and says that he never even replied to the vendor with an answer. I guess we know who the real clown is now huh, way to try seeming smarter then you truly are.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
Jekl, you make me laugh man, has nothing to do with respecting mods. So stop trying to think of them as your mother and getting me in trouble when I am disrespecting no one.
You think I tried to twist your words? All I did was directly quote what you said...

It may be morally wrong to us, but the simple fact is it is not illegal therefore the forum moderators or rules really cannot do anything about it.
You made a stupid comment about how the mods can't do anything because Strafe did nothing illegal.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:41 AM
JEKL

You said that you spoke to the person in question about this, and I guess we find out your full of it now. You stated that you spoke to the person with the pictures and now he comes in here, and says that he never even replied to the vendor with an answer. I guess we know who the real clown is now huh, way to try seeming smarter then you truly are.

Let me spoon feed this to your stupid ***. Here is exactly what I said...

I had spoken with the owner of the car and he flat out said that he did not give them permission when they asked.
And here is what the owner of the pics said...

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Well I guess since its my picture in question Ill chime in. Strafe sent me a PM asking if he could use the pictures for his thread selling the same replica bumper, or similar. I never responded because quite frankly I thought it was a stupid question
How is that not exactly the truth? I said he never gave permission, the owner of the car said he never gave permission. Are you really that much of a retard to not see how that is the same thing?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

First of All We are not Auto Infantry. How many times do we have to STATE this? Auto Infantry made things a lot harder for legit companies to try and sell the same Products that all vendors sell. Mainly everybody sells the same kits. It comes down to Price and customer service.
We have a good relationship with VIS racing and few other companies. We sell replica and authentic kits.
We got rid of one of our Partners Robert (- who is now with M1 Autosports and worked for Peter when he was@ M1 )because of his actions on here with People like the OP and the guy's picture he used without permission. He almost lost us a big vendor account because of his same actions. My Partner Dustin and I take our company serious. We try to run on 100% satisfaction but we realize there are the 20% who won't just get any satisfaction. We still try for to 100%.
We have access to the same kits AI did, and that makes us them? Come on be real. Don't you think Internet Brands have made sure we weren't AI? Really!!!. Now do we know those guys? Yes it is a small industry. I started Strafe because of a messed up thing Peter did to me with a supposed custom made bumper for my G35 and he had it copied. That is when he left M1 and started Auto Infantry. I thought that was messed up and started Strafe to stop this madness, and to get prices back down to where people can afford them again. Our margins are small and we want business on service and price.

I understand how they messed up the market...Give us a chance not too mess it up. We are going to be on our website soon instead of 350z based on cost versus sales. We have more than just kits, we have almost all your needs. We aren't just limited to Nissan/Infiniti products either. Even if it isn't on our site email us and we will try to get what you need sales@strafeautomotive.com
Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM
jasont59
Banned

Well you have put nothing to rest. The issue was never was it illegal so your point is worthless. I guess you are not familiar with forums so let me educate you, there are these things called Terms of Use (TOU) that mods enforce. If they feel that something violates a TOU they can ban you, regardless if it is against the law.
Mods already posted that they can't do anything about it, so how are you "educating" anyone here? IDIOT

Unlike you, I do not assume anything. I had spoken with the owner of the car and he flat out said that he did not give them permission when they asked.
Well the owner just posted contradicting what you said RIGHT HERE!

JEKL

Help yourself out and either look at your own posts before you own yourself, or just GTFO of here
Old 05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
jasont59
Banned

Jekl, you make me laugh man, has nothing to do with respecting mods. So stop trying to think of them as your mother and getting me in trouble when I am disrespecting no one. You said that you spoke to the person in question about this, and I guess we find out your full of it now. You stated that you spoke to the person with the pictures and now he comes in here, and says that he never even replied to the vendor with an answer. I guess we know who the real clown is now huh, way to try seeming smarter then you truly are.
+100000000

This fool has selective memory. He must have a real medical condition that makes him seem like such a dousche. JEKL, re-read your own posts and stop embarassing yourself.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by jasont59
Mods already posted that they can't do anything about it, so how are you "educating" anyone here? IDIOT

Well the owner just posted contradicting what you said RIGHT HERE!

JEKL

Help yourself out and either look at your own posts before you own yourself, or just GTFO of here
God damn are you fuking stupid. He and I said the same thing. Please show me how Rob contradicted what I said. Go ahead, I will wait...
Old 05-17-2010, 06:34 PM
350zbiturbo

Jekl, you are worthless, you said YOU DIRECTLY SPOKE with this guy and HE TOLD YOU HE didnt give permission. Now the guy comes in here, and says otherwise, I dont understand how you are still trying to be right, maybe its time for a short ban of Jekl to learn to read?

Mods jekl said the A word, lol my morals are hurt and I dont think its right, maybe he needs some time off haha.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 PM
JEKL

Jekl, you are worthless, you said YOU DIRECTLY SPOKE with this guy and HE TOLD YOU HE didnt give permission. Now the guy comes in here, and says otherwise,
Please quote the comment where he said otherwise. Because all I see is he supports what I said and the vendor supports it too. I am already waiting on the other dipshit to do that, I guess I can wait on you as well.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales@Strafe
First of All We are not Auto Infantry. How many times do we have to STATE this? Auto Infantry made things a lot harder for legit companies to try and sell the same Products that all vendors sell. Mainly everybody sells the same kits. It comes down to Price and customer service.
We have a good relationship with VIS racing and few other companies. We sell replica and authentic kits.
We got rid of one of our Partners Robert (- who is now with M1 Autosports and worked for Peter when he was@ M1 )because of his actions on here with People like the OP and the guy's picture he used without permission. He almost lost us a big vendor account because of his same actions. My Partner Dustin and I take our company serious. We try to run on 100% satisfaction but we realize there are the 20% who won't just get any satisfaction. We still try for to 100%.
We have access to the same kits AI did, and that makes us them? Come on be real. Don't you think Internet Brands have made sure we weren't AI? Really!!!. Now do we know those guys? Yes it is a small industry. I started Strafe because of a messed up thing Peter did to me with a supposed custom made bumper for my G35 and he had it copied. That is when he left M1 and started Auto Infantry. I thought that was messed up and started Strafe to stop this madness, and to get prices back down to where people can afford them again. Our margins are small and we want business on service and price.

I understand how they messed up the market...Give us a chance not too mess it up. We are going to be on our website soon instead of 350z based on cost versus sales. We have more than just kits, we have almost all your needs. We aren't just limited to Nissan/Infiniti products either. Even if it isn't on our site email us and we will try to get what you need sales@strafeautomotive.com

Good to know that.

by the way I like you prices
Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 AM
jasont59
Banned

JEKL, my concern is not about you contradicting yourself, it is about you trying to butter up yet ANOTHER guy trying to get on his nuts. This issue has nothing to do with you...why are you bringing it up? The owner of the car doesn't seem to have a problem with it. The problem is you're trying to side with the owner hoping he'd take you to dinner and then give you butt hole pleasures, just like you were hoping Colin would do in the other post. Dude...try eharmony or match.com, my350z is clearly not the place for small d*ck fools like you to find gay homo love. It is a site to discuss cars, namely the 350z, not an online dating site. So please refrain from sticking your nose in places that you want to stick your small d*ck f*ggot. Thank you
Old 05-18-2010, 03:14 AM
MDHRZ

JEKL, my concern is not about you contradicting yourself, it is about you trying to butter up yet ANOTHER guy trying to get on his nuts. This issue has nothing to do with you...why are you bringing it up? The owner of the car doesn't seem to have a problem with it. The problem is you're trying to side with the owner hoping he'd take you to dinner and then give you butt hole pleasures, just like you were hoping Colin would do in the other post. Dude...try eharmony or match.com, my350z is clearly not the place for small d*ck fools like you to find gay homo love. It is a site to discuss cars, namely the 350z, not an online dating site. So please refrain from sticking your nose in places that you want to stick your small d*ck f*ggot. Thank you
If I get an infraction for ONE word, then this deserves a ban.

TOU...

2.) DISCRIMINATION
The forum has people from many walks of life. People's religion, race, political beliefs, age, sexual preference, etc., vary immensely. Please be mature and caring towards others. Offenders will receive one warning only and failure to comply after that will result in being banned. If you have a personal problem with someone on the forum resolve it by private messaging. - NOT on this board or posting in the forum. MY350Z.COM will not tolerate abuse (e.g. racial slurs, etc.) of another member.

10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING
Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account. Any insults or harassments towards staff members, including board ownership (that is, Internet Brands aka IB), will result in instant banishment.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:57 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
If I get an infraction for ONE word, then this deserves a ban.

TOU...

2.) DISCRIMINATION
The forum has people from many walks of life. People's religion, race, political beliefs, age, sexual preference, etc., vary immensely. Please be mature and caring towards others. Offenders will receive one warning only and failure to comply after that will result in being banned. If you have a personal problem with someone on the forum resolve it by private messaging. - NOT on this board or posting in the forum. MY350Z.COM will not tolerate abuse (e.g. racial slurs, etc.) of another member.

10.) HARASSMENT/FLAMING
Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account. Any insults or harassments towards staff members, including board ownership (that is, Internet Brands aka IB), will result in instant banishment.
https://my350z.com/forum/8390785-post55.html
Old 05-18-2010, 05:10 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=11465642
Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 AM
350zbiturbo

Dave, what about Jekl, called me an a.., and was also found wrong in this thread. How can you ban one guy, but not the other?

Quick Reply: Is is OK for vendors to "steal" pics for use in their threads?