MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   North Central (https://my350z.com/forum/north-central-30/)
-   -   Indy Z Owners (https://my350z.com/forum/north-central/215874-indy-z-owners.html)

xxgreatwarsxx 03-08-2007 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_03
No, the knocking is when rolling. I also no longer believe it was associated with the brake job I had done. With normal driving habits I would have never heard it.

Sound stupid but was the sound like flap flap flap? if it's it might be the plastic cover under ur engine.... thats just my guess

BrianRodd8 03-08-2007 11:09 PM

Hey guys! I'm new here as far as posting goes. Bought my Z August 06'. I live on the west side of Indy---Plainfield to be exact. I'm a bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings there---ever had a beer or 2...or 3? Well anyways, my car is about ready to be driven again, been working on it for the past couple months, can't wait to see what it's got!! Just thought I'd see what's in the area..my names Brian!!!

Steve_03 03-09-2007 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by xxgreatwarsxx
Sound stupid but was the sound like flap flap flap? if it's it might be the plastic cover under ur engine.... thats just my guess

No, I think it may be a lubrication issue on something. It definitely sounds like a knuckle cracking noise when I roll just not as sharp.

SweetDreamZ 03-09-2007 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by krazy
Very nice. It's funny cause I work around 96th and Meridian and there is another DB 350Z in the parking lot next to mine. I always wave or at least acknowledge another Z owner...so if I see ya, you'll know. :D

I think I'm up on 111th...but I'm not positive...It's at the Delta Faucet building...the big white one on the right (that really narrows it down...right:icon18: ) anyways, yeah, I think I'm gonna be stuck down there for a few days at the end of March...maybe we could all meet up then and grab a Beer with Brian at Bdubs!!!

NBM335 03-09-2007 06:40 AM

indy

hey guys 04 pp enthusiast here!!! nice to see some guys from indy.

Greenwood, In

Tru350z 03-09-2007 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_03
No, I think it may be a lubrication issue on something. It definitely sounds like a knuckle cracking noise when I roll just not as sharp.

relubricate your sway bar bushing to see if it will make it go away. that's the only thing i can think of knocking noise from the front side.
good luck! =)

BrianRodd8 03-09-2007 08:47 AM

I'm down for anything....Bdubs is always a great spot to finish at!!! Any of you guys running Turbos on your Z's????

SweetDreamZ 03-09-2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by BrianRodd8
I'm down for anything....Bdubs is always a great spot to finish at!!! Any of you guys running Turbos on your Z's????

not yet, but I'm keepin my eyes on the STS system thats coming out soon....

I think JKenefic lives down in indy...he's got a yellow Z if i remember right....his is boosted....tuned by Sharif I think...

krazy 03-09-2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
I think I'm up on 111th...but I'm not positive...It's at the Delta Faucet building...the big white one on the right (that really narrows it down...right:icon18: ) anyways, yeah, I think I'm gonna be stuck down there for a few days at the end of March...maybe we could all meet up then and grab a Beer with Brian at Bdubs!!!

Nice, I work at 96th and College as well. Otherwise known as 600 Parkwood. :) I would def be down for meeting up with you guys at bdubs. Keep me posted when your down here and just shoot me a PM with a time, etc.

I've seen a SS 350Z in the back parking lot with a black bra, is this your co worker???

Later guys!

Steve_03 03-09-2007 08:44 PM

We're at Parkwood 9. Neither of us have bras on the car.

I'll give the swaybar a try thanks Tru.

indybum 03-09-2007 09:02 PM

Hi guys I was beginning to think nobody in Indiana hangs around here.
Cheers from Terre Haute

krazy 03-10-2007 10:27 AM

Ya, I was beginning to think the same. Anyone up for getting together in April? Also, the Indy Z club is having a spring opener at the end of March in Avon i think. Kind of like a cookout/mod day. I'll let you know the details.

Steve

PS: Do you guys at Parkwood 9 want to grab lunch one day in the next week or two? Let me know.

BrianRodd8 03-11-2007 04:34 AM

Hey Krazy, did you do your Blue LED Conversion yourself????

SweetDreamZ 03-11-2007 08:23 AM

Hey Krazy, did you do your Blue LED Conversion yourself????

If you are looking to do it...when you get LEDs, order 2x and I'll split the cost with you. I want to do it to my car.

I'm thinking of getting just a couple red LEDs too...like for the hot side of the temp dial...do you think that would look ok??

BrianRodd8 03-11-2007 09:19 AM

Ya, I bet that would look ok. I mean, your needles will still be Red so it will match them if anything ya know. I just need Blue LEDs because for one, I hate Amber, and two, my Boost and EGT Gauges are Autometer C2's and they are bright blue! They look great, but the dash would scream if they were all blue. I'm going to replace my 3 gauges in the center with C2's as soon as I can. I just don't do well with electronics. I PMed Acree, the LED King on here it seems but nothing back yet. I'll let you know what I do. If you get a jump on it first, let me know!

krazy 03-11-2007 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
If you are looking to do it...when you get LEDs, order 2x and I'll split the cost with you. I want to do it to my car.

I'm thinking of getting just a couple red LEDs too...like for the hot side of the temp dial...do you think that would look ok??

Guys, I bought Speedhut Black/Colbalt Gauges and had Acree swap in blue LED's in the A/C controls and the two LED screens in the guages for a reasonable price. The DVD/TV/CD player was already backlight blue. All in all I could not be happier with the turnout. Even though it's a mix of different items, the blue is all the same color and looks sharp as hech at night.

Best mod done to date!

PM Acree and ship em down to TX, turn around for me was 2 days + shipping. I just do not trust my skills enough to attempt this mod. Tried with my previous car and it did not work out well.

Good luck!

SweetDreamZ 03-11-2007 08:15 PM

Guys, I bought Speedhut Black/Colbalt Gauges and had Acree swap in blue LED's in the A/C controls and the two LED screens in the guages for a reasonable price. The DVD/TV/CD player was already backlight blue. All in all I could not be happier with the turnout. Even though it's a mix of different items, the blue is all the same color and looks sharp as hech at night.

Best mod done to date!

PM Acree and ship em down to TX, turn around for me was 2 days + shipping. I just do not trust my skills enough to attempt this mod. Tried with my previous car and it did not work out well.

Good luck!

I'll definitely be doing it myself...Acree gave that write-up that gave all the part numbers...and I'm an electrical engineer...so i've slung a little solder around in my day :)

Brian, if you are interested, I could probably get yours done as well...it'd save you the shipping to texas! we'll see what happens!

Steve_03 03-11-2007 08:42 PM

Ya, I was beginning to think the same. Anyone up for getting together in April? Also, the Indy Z club is having a spring opener at the end of March in Avon i think. Kind of like a cookout/mod day. I'll let you know the details.

Steve

PS: Do you guys at Parkwood 9 want to grab lunch one day in the next week or two? Let me know.

I'd be up for lunch sometime in the next two weeks. The other guy I work with isn't really a car guy. He has one of the first 150 off the line in 03 I believe and he always told me about his buddy in PA that used to try to get him to hang out with the Z guys there and how he didn't care to.

And for those doing the led mod I'm interested in it too so if you all are gonna do it let me know too.

BrianRodd8 03-12-2007 10:10 AM

Looks like we are having an LED party @ SweetDreamz's house!!! I'll bring the strobe lights.....But back to talk of meeting at Bdubs sometimes...I'm going to try and organize here in the summer a big meet of as many of the cars as we can, map out a route, and then finish at Bdubs for some wings and beers if you will. We could always use the business, and the parking lot out there is pretty large, and lacking of sweet rides. It would be on a Saturday. And if you've never been there, our Bdubs has a patio area outside for extra space, so there is plenty of room! Let me know if any of you guys would be interested, and spread it around and get some input!!

SweetDreamZ 03-12-2007 11:59 AM

Looks like we are having an LED party @ SweetDreamz's house!!! I'll bring the strobe lights.....But back to talk of meeting at Bdubs sometimes...I'm going to try and organize here in the summer a big meet of as many of the cars as we can, map out a route, and then finish at Bdubs for some wings and beers if you will. We could always use the business, and the parking lot out there is pretty large, and lacking of sweet rides. It would be on a Saturday. And if you've never been there, our Bdubs has a patio area outside for extra space, so there is plenty of room! Let me know if any of you guys would be interested, and spread it around and get some input!!

I'm definitely down for somethin like that!

What are you all doin next tuesday afternoon/evening. I'll be down there on business during the day, and my only plans are to drive home that night...so if you all wanted to meet up for some grub or something, that'd be cool.