MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   VQ35HR (https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr-479/)
-   -   jeremy tibbs where are you for us hr guys? (https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/430364-jeremy-tibbs-where-are-you-for-us-hr-guys.html)

kramykram 04-20-2009 09:43 PM

jeremy tibbs where are you for us hr guys?

Ok, jeremy talk to the hr community. You have a place now that you said is a mechanics dream. Will there be any chance you and aam will be trying to build a supercharger kit for the hr?

ronie 04-21-2009 07:23 PM

ooo jeremy where are youuu???

Tac-M 04-22-2009 04:42 AM

gtm - ftw ~! :P

kramykram 04-22-2009 07:31 PM

lol if gtm was talking about making a supercharger setup for the hr then i would talk to them but until then. jeremy is all we have to hope for.

Tac-M 04-23-2009 05:10 AM

twins done right, or go home ! LOL !!!

screw the screw !

doug 04-23-2009 05:19 AM

lol

JAM3Z 04-23-2009 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tac-M (Post 7242587)
twins done right, or go home ! LOL !!!

screw the screw !

Too true!

Tac-M 04-23-2009 05:31 AM

ok, one more and i'm done :D

" don't get screwed, get FORGED ! "

jimpactmfsc 04-23-2009 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tac-M (Post 7242661)
ok, one more and i'm done :D

" don't get screwed, get FORGED ! "

Lol nice one

KS0385 04-23-2009 10:23 AM

Who?

supra crazy 04-24-2009 04:31 PM

Considering the fact that most people aren't aiming for over 450whp on stock block a supercharger would be a good option. It is easy it is to install compared to a TT kit and use less components, which would bring cost down. A S/C kit would be a very good idea for the HR.

SuPERSak 04-24-2009 06:53 PM

+1 I want a supercharger for my HR. I DD my Z and I can't be worrying everyday if my car going to brake down with a TT kit. Though the TT is nice but too much power. I just want a get up and go not get up and fly LOL

str8dum1 04-24-2009 06:58 PM

nah SC dont make any torque and the HR already blows making trq, so they wouldnt be a good match at all.

Unless you meant like an Eaton M90 roots blower. That would be good, but a centrifugal SC would feel like a honda.

diwun67 04-24-2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by SuPERSak (Post 7250561)
+1 I want a supercharger for my HR. I DD my Z and I can't be worrying everyday if my car going to brake down with a TT kit. Though the TT is nice but too much power. I just want a get up and go not get up and fly LOL

Too much power? Is that possible? Pussy :p

biggersNISMO 04-25-2009 12:32 AM

power is always great, but it would be interesting to see how the HR reacts to a S/C regardless if it makes less power than a TT

Chromex319 04-25-2009 12:36 AM

I'd drop money on SC would it not be if I for the fact that I have my eyes set on Nismo seven O

JETPILOT 04-25-2009 12:47 AM

Why isn't this in the FI section? or better yet why don't you try to PM him.

brady 04-25-2009 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chromex319 (Post 7251188)
I'd drop money on SC would it not be if I for the fact that I have my eyes set on Nismo seven O

Here here, now that is what I'm aiming for, or a hr s/c.

midz350 04-25-2009 01:53 PM

A friend of mine has a twin s/c on his M5 with stock engine putting down ~380 whp I think!! for couple of years.
He is in the fourm with the greddy tt fortune wide body G35.

kramykram 04-26-2009 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by JETPILOT (Post 7251197)
Why isn't this in the FI section? or better yet why don't you try to PM him.

Because he started the post here a while back about doing the deed. Im waiting for a reply for us hr guys that were all glued to the thread when he killed the project.

warmmilk 04-27-2009 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by str8dum1 (Post 7250580)
nah SC dont make any torque and the HR already blows making trq, so they wouldnt be a good match at all.

Unless you meant like an Eaton M90 roots blower. That would be good, but a centrifugal SC would feel like a honda.

i think the best sc for the hr would be the rotrex like the hks for the new jackson racing (or kraftwerks or whatever they're calling themselves now). they run the coolest and have the best efficiency at over 90%. that'd be the only supercharger i'd consider getting my my z...

Jeremy@Altered 04-27-2009 08:24 AM

Haha, i completely missed this thread. I would still love to do the HR Vortech combo. If you are serious, we could definitely do it for the HR. Give me a call at the shop.

A.H 04-27-2009 02:38 PM

I think everyone knows company's like Forged, GTM, and AAM are capable of doing a one off supercharger on an HR but I think what people here are looking for is a production supercharger kit.

Peak350 04-27-2009 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 7257499)
i think the best sc for the hr would be the rotrex like the hks for the new jackson racing (or kraftwerks or whatever they're calling themselves now). they run the coolest and have the best efficiency at over 90%. that'd be the only supercharger i'd consider getting my my z...

New HKS blower that isn't durability tested yet FTW. Blower should be out sooner or later and apparently destroys the C38-81. That means Rotrex started on a bigger blower to compete .... yay competition.

doug 04-27-2009 02:49 PM

why would anyone want a supercharger? lol

Nexx 04-27-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by doug (Post 7259458)
why would anyone want a supercharger? lol

track junkies? :dunno:

warmmilk 04-27-2009 03:13 PM

^+1, although i'm not a track junkie yet, but i plan to be one as soon as i get my bbk (hopefully within a month or 2)

Originally Posted by Peak350 (Post 7259444)
New HKS blower that isn't durability tested yet FTW. Blower should be out sooner or later and apparently destroys the C38-81. That means Rotrex started on a bigger blower to compete .... yay competition.

hks basically copied rotrex on the blower design. i know there are some minor differences, but its pretty much the same thing. its like the difference between a vortech and a procharger.

i wasn't really refering to the exact brand of supercharger i'd like to see, but more the type...

Peak350 04-27-2009 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 7259549)
^+1, although i'm not a track junkie yet, but i plan to be one as soon as i get my bbk (hopefully within a month or 2)

hks basically copied rotrex on the blower design. i know there are some minor differences, but its pretty much the same thing. its like the difference between a vortech and a procharger.

i wasn't really refering to the exact brand of supercharger i'd like to see, but more the type...

Its much bigger than anything rotrex has in terms of CFM/boost output, without a huge increase in physical size, all I know about it really.

My buddy's M3 should have it soon, assuming no more hold ups occur.

warmmilk 04-27-2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Peak350 (Post 7259597)
Its much bigger than anything rotrex has in terms of CFM/boost output, without a huge increase in physical size, all I know about it really.

My buddy's M3 should have it soon, assuming no more hold ups occur.

i was under the impression rotrex had superchargers to support 800+whp... could be wrong though.

anyway, i'm interested to see what this "big" blower is capable of, can you pm me with results (or link if it will posted on the internet anywhere) when its done? thanks

Peak350 04-27-2009 04:19 PM

C38-81 is capable of ~630, I have a friend with 505 wheel on AA's mustang dyno with that on an E46 M3. E90 M3 should be much more impressive with the HKS (the C38 couldn't push enough alone).

NY350zG 04-27-2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nexx (Post 7259464)
track junkies? :dunno:

I would still prefer turbo.. doesn't mean they have to be HUGE a push out 800 whp.. lol but i feel you Nexx!:cool:

kramykram 04-27-2009 11:06 PM

its not a matter of being a track junkie. its not wanting to spend 10k to turbo your car. then spend another 10k to have the motor built.

Peak350 04-28-2009 02:36 AM

Being on a track a centrifugal is just much easier to drive with, a turbo is faster if you can control the car, but given our power levels with turbo, it would take quite a setup tire and suspension wise to keep the rear end pinned...

NY350zG 04-28-2009 05:52 AM

HEHE Drift.......:thumbup:

:skidmark:

doug 04-28-2009 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by kramykram (Post 7261233)
its not a matter of being a track junkie. its not wanting to spend 10k to turbo your car. then spend another 10k to have the motor built.

if i've learned anything.. its best to stay N/A than be FI on a budget
.. sh!t never goes right and when you run into problems.. you are left with a car that you can't fix.. if you can't spend the money to do it right.. don't spend it at all..

FYI from what we have learned from DE Motors.. SC have blown more stock motors than Turbo's.. so if you're hopeing reliablity will be on your side.. guess again

doug 04-28-2009 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Peak350 (Post 7261397)
Being on a track a centrifugal is just much easier to drive with, a turbo is faster if you can control the car, but given our power levels with turbo, it would take quite a setup tire and suspension wise to keep the rear end pinned...

thats because SuperChargers have no TQ.. and if you can't control your car.. what the hell you doing on a track anyway? i would rather take small turbo's that spool fast and have that TQ down the straight than run an SC..

besides.. that whole SC power on tap is a myth... we had a side by side comparison of a GreddyTT vs Vortech.. and once the GreddyTT hit 3000 RPMS it was a wrap

warmmilk 04-28-2009 10:37 AM

thats why we're (well at least me and peak350) are hoping for the hks or a rotrex, they actually make torque. look at some of the hks builds from gtm on the de's, they make much better torque than the vortech. still prolly not as good as nice quick spooling tt kit, but its cheaper. and just cause you can save a few g's with an sc over a tt, doesn't exactly mean you're cutting corners...

doug 04-28-2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 7263005)
thats why we're (well at least me and peak350) are hoping for the hks or a rotrex, they actually make torque. look at some of the hks builds from gtm on the de's, they make much better torque than the vortech. still prolly not as good as nice quick spooling tt kit, but its cheaper. and just cause you can save a few g's with an sc over a tt, doesn't exactly mean you're cutting corners...

not cutting corners... counting pennies.. if he is counting pennies now.. its not a good idea to go through with the full deal

warmmilk 04-28-2009 11:31 AM

just cause he's stingy doesn't mean he doesn't have more than enough money to go fi...

doug 04-28-2009 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 7263260)
just cause he's stingy doesn't mean he doesn't have more than enough money to go fi...

says he doesn't want to spend the motor to get a built motor :dunno: if you don't want to spend the money or forsee spending money to get a built motor.. then don't go FI

kakashishin 04-28-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered (Post 7257723)
Haha, i completely missed this thread. I would still love to do the HR Vortech combo. If you are serious, we could definitely do it for the HR. Give me a call at the shop.

How much would a sc kit cost to be fabricated on the HR. I'm thinking it would cost more to do a custom sc kit than to just get the TT kits that are out now.

warmmilk 04-28-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by doug (Post 7263299)
says he doesn't want to spend the motor to get a built motor :dunno: if you don't want to spend the money or forsee spending money to get a built motor.. then don't go FI

well so far, the hr has been holding up pretty good under boost. there are a bunch of stock block 500 whp setups running around. the only one i heard of that had problems is that one from forged with the retarded (more or less) customer.

so if there are a bunch of hr's with 500whp for about a year now, i think an sc setup to the tune of 380-400 whp should be plenty reliable on the stock block.

doug 04-28-2009 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 7263410)
well so far, the hr has been holding up pretty good under boost. there are a bunch of stock block 500 whp setups running around. the only one i heard of that had problems is that one from forged with the retarded (more or less) customer.

so if there are a bunch of hr's with 500whp for about a year now, i think an sc setup to the tune of 380-400 whp should be plenty reliable on the stock block.

However big or small the risk..not the gamble I would personally take with no financial backing.... But that's just me

warmmilk 04-28-2009 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by doug (Post 7263569)
However big or small the risk..not the gamble I would personally take with no financial backing.... But that's just me

i completely agree with you. if i were doing this, i'd make sure i'd have enough to rebuild my engine if the worse should happen, but given the hr's track record so far, i'd start with a stock block and build it only if i blew it...

Peak350 04-28-2009 02:45 PM

Let me clarify, I have no horse in the race - I want to build an E36 325 track whore, my 10 grand for FI would go to that well before I'll be boosting my Z.

That said, rotrex will make more power than most, HKS as well. ASA is going to make more mid range torque (in a centrifugal) and close to the same top end. Vortech can make a ton once its spinning, but rotrex is more efficient.

And superchargers can be almost the same as turbos, take a low spooling twin turbo car, run it against a supercharged car starting at 90 in 4th gear, see how close it is (equal power levels). The supercharger is reaching its peak efficiency as the turbo's run out of air. It puts things in nice perspective.

I have two friends, very similar cars, one has a turbo (T3/T4 hybrid 60 trim intake, forget the exhaust), one a C38-71. The turbo is running 11 psi, the supercharger 14.5, they are almost dead nuts even up top. The turbo is faster at low speeds, but on a track it would be close.

The Z isn't able to hold 500 lb.ft. of torque coming out of every corner. If you are driving a car right you can't go from 250-500 (turbo's spooling) and just magically keep a hold of it. It means later return to throttle, which means you are handicapped....superchargers can be faster in that environment.

doug 04-28-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Peak350 (Post 7264156)

And superchargers can be almost the same as turbos, take a low spooling twin turbo car, run it against a supercharged car starting at 90 in 4th gear, see how close it is (equal power levels). The supercharger is reaching its peak efficiency as the turbo's run out of air. It puts things in nice perspective.

I have two friends, very similar cars, one has a turbo (T3/T4 hybrid 60 trim intake, forget the exhaust), one a C38-71. The turbo is running 11 psi, the supercharger 14.5, they are almost dead nuts even up top. The turbo is faster at low speeds, but on a track it would be close.

you should find the video of the Turbonetics, APSTT and Vortech Car all running other cars and themselves.. the Vortech Car is running more boost and the races arn't even close

Originally Posted by Peak350 (Post 7264156)
The Z isn't able to hold 500 lb.ft. of torque coming out of every corner. If you are driving a car right you can't go from 250-500 (turbo's spooling) and just magically keep a hold of it. It means later return to throttle, which means you are handicapped....superchargers can be faster in that environment.

Couple members of this forum would disagree with you.. Sharif @ Forged, JETPilot, Philthy and even the diseased Scott Bush.. they have all ran Big Twin Turbo Cars at the track no problems.. to the best of my knowledge i don't even know of any Time Attack Cars on this forum running Superchargers

warmmilk 04-28-2009 04:31 PM

not everyone likes running r comp's or slicks, i prefer to run my car in one trim everywhere, and living in seattle, r comp's aren't an option cause of the rain. so i don't want monster power. something like 380-400 whp would be perfect for me. i can get there with a supercharger (must be a rotrex type, no vortech, if anybody ever makes a kit) and save a couple grand in the process. so that's what i would get. not everyone wants a tt'd car, different strokes for different folks...

if my goal was to build a highway monster, then i'd want a tt'd z, but thats not what i want, i prefer something more balanced...

doug 04-28-2009 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk (Post 7264589)
not everyone likes running r comp's or slicks, i prefer to run my car in one trim everywhere, and living in seattle, r comp's aren't an option cause of the rain. so i don't want monster power. something like 380-400 whp would be perfect for me. i can get there with a supercharger (must be a rotrex type, no vortech, if anybody ever makes a kit) and save a couple grand in the process. so that's what i would get. not everyone wants a tt'd car, different strokes for different folks...

if my goal was to build a highway monster, then i'd want a tt'd z, but thats not what i want, i prefer something more balanced...

why is everyone under this big myth that TT's are highway monsters.. my greddy was full boost at 3250 RPMS and pulled all the way to redline.. yes its a monster on the highway.. but it will kick ass down low too.. you guys make it sound like some Single Turbo Supra that has 300 whp at 4000 RPMS and then 600 whp at 5500 RPMS

warmmilk 04-28-2009 05:01 PM

i'm not saying that it doesn't have any power down low, i'm more on the point that it has to much power down low for what i want from my car on street tires...

i just said the hwy thing cause a tt'd z would be better for that purpose then an sc'd one

Jason333 04-28-2009 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by doug (Post 7264738)
why is everyone under this big myth that TT's are highway monsters.. my greddy was full boost at 3250 RPMS and pulled all the way to redline.. yes its a monster on the highway.. but it will kick ass down low too.. you guys make it sound like some Single Turbo Supra that has 300 whp at 4000 RPMS and then 600 whp at 5500 RPMS

+1
The 18g Greddy kit, 500 series JWT (even 700bb), and some of the GTM kits are all at full boost way below where you would operate on a track.