MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   VQ35HR (https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr-479/)
-   -   How to get 300whp+ on a HR (https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/453349-how-to-get-300whp-on-a-hr.html)

03threefiftyz 08-31-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lakeside (Post 7703660)
If you had aftermarket headers you wouldn't be saying that! :icon18:

The stillen headers are far more equal in length then the stock HR headers with an increased tube diameter. I also took some time to file smooth the welds on the collector's and slightly enlarged and smoothed the exhuast ports on the headers. Whether or not this helped any?! lol Who knows! But I took a couple hours to perfect the quality of their product in my eyes.

No headwork/cams=waste of money for headers.

Lakeside 08-31-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz (Post 7703659)
Generally speaking dynapacks read higher than mustangs...........of course putting a wild correction into the mustang dyno (and vice versa) can swing that. Bottom line is that dyno needs to be recalibrated.

No one here argue's AH's Dyno #'s and he has an Auto with basically the same bolt-ons as many of us here! :dunno: Something is amiss! :icon22: He claims 319 WHP :confused:

Lakeside 08-31-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz (Post 7703670)
No headwork/cams=waste of money for headers.

Cams are coming this winter! Who else here has Cams? None that I know of. Will be interesting to see what the car Dyno's then.

03threefiftyz 08-31-2009 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lakeside (Post 7703676)
No one here argue's AH's Dyno #'s and he has an Auto with basically the same bolt-ons as many of us here! :dunno: Something is amiss! :icon22: He claims 319 WHP :confused:

Are you kidding me.........

I have been waiting a year for him to run his car at the track or back those numbers up.

biggersNISMO 08-31-2009 06:14 PM

Dear Lakeside, ^^ Bro, Arsh's dyno numbers are HAPPY TOO.
Why does your John Hancock say NISMO CAI?

Bro, i'm telling you, go with the 302's. It'll be worth it!

03threefiftyz 08-31-2009 06:17 PM

You, phenom and one more that I can't think of (aside from A.H and I won't even get started on that garbage) were all tuned at that magic dyno in NY. You made like 26X on a dynapack and with the same mods baselined ~310 on this dyno. Come on now.
Quote from my post on pg 2. Clearly I have brought up A.H. and my feelings on his numbers.

T_K 08-31-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z (Post 7703614)
Dynojets take into account this.

They only recalculate the estimated output by making an adjustment to air temperature and density. It does nothing for what's going on internally with the particular engine/car.

anyjuan 08-31-2009 07:58 PM

I want to start a new HR dyno thread just to see it end like all the others.

is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!

Just worry about gains people. Or go to the track and see if your lap times get any better. Personally I'm tired of reading the same dyno arguments over and over. Please just list the mods you have done and their gains so that people that are not quite done with bolt ons can benefit from your experience. I would really appreciate it since i'm working on that myself.

Lakeside 09-01-2009 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by biggersNISMO (Post 7703738)
Dear Lakeside, ^^ Bro, Arsh's dyno numbers are HAPPY TOO.
Why does your John Hancock say NISMO CAI?

Bro, i'm telling you, go with the 302's. It'll be worth it!

I have been debating whether or not to Boost or continue my NA build. I could boost the car but I can't really afford the Act clutch I would want at this time. $2500-3000 for a clutch sucks ass!

I also don't want the car to run like crap on the street. I have no intensions of making my Nismo a drag car. So I figured it would be best to stay away from that agressive of a cam. Its my hopes not to sacrifice anymore low to Midrange power. If I have to, then I need to decide how much is acceptable. I haven't spoken to my engine builder yet. So I want to hear his views before I make my choice and order the cams.

302's would be huge.. lol Why not some 272's or 280's for the HR?! Thats a topic for another thread. Try to stay on OP's topic.

Edit: You can't read to much into my Sig.. Its from when I had a premium membership! Which offer's you more Sig lines. I'd like to edit it but will need togo Premium again to do it. I do have Nismo intakes NIB in my garage that I also shelfed and never installed.

biggersNISMO 09-01-2009 07:47 AM

^^ ok bro, you gotta admit 302's would be pretty nasty thow ;)

brady 09-01-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by anyjuan (Post 7704078)
I want to start a new HR dyno thread just to see it end like all the others.

is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!
is too!
is not!

Just worry about gains people. Or go to the track and see if your lap times get any better. Personally I'm tired of reading the same dyno arguments over and over. Please just list the mods you have done and their gains so that people that are not quite done with bolt ons can benefit from your experience. I would really appreciate it since i'm working on that myself.

That is the true intent of this thread I started, but it's always interesting to see where things go...

mistanismo 09-01-2009 11:03 AM

Yep. Still interesting as ever.

So does anyone concretely believe and dyno proof solid gains from the injen long tube cai's? I was going to purchase within a week or so but I've yet to see (and yes, i've searched) higher #'s of threads suggesting the injen cai's are 'worth' it... 450ish for me in Canada (that's USD) could be invested elsewhere and i'll throw on the stock boxes back?

And for those that have installed the injen CAI's then dynoed right after, are you *feeling* anything?

Also, brady is in toronto and I plan on getting tuned at the same place after the intake issue is resolved... i'll post my results obviously as well, doubt i'll be making 300.. even on that dynapak... however it should be noted that this is not the 'new york' dyno that seems to be getting quite the bad rep, regardless.

And to the best of my knowledge our options are limited in Canada in respect to dynoing facilities, I haven't been able to find a dynojet... period.

warmmilk 09-01-2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by mistanismo (Post 7705976)
And to the best of my knowledge our options are limited in Canada in respect to dynoing facilities, I haven't been able to find a dynojet... period.

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/canada.htm

brady 09-01-2009 02:47 PM

I think there is a Dynojet out here in Pickering. Ford Mustang place but I dynoed my charger there. I'll check it out this week and see what it says. Da'Silva racing?

Brian at APH is great with the UpRev on the HR now. Let us know how it goes.

mistanismo 09-02-2009 05:56 AM

Yeah DaSilva would be the only one I could go to without driving at least 1 1/2 hours, i meant general gta area by that comment my bad, I didn't have the time before to make the venture but considering my recently unemployed status i might as well geniua pig the dynojet vs dynapack... i'll definitely post it however.

brady 09-02-2009 06:39 AM

Cool, I have an appointment at DaSilva Thursday at 4PM to do some pulls. We'll see what the difference is. I'm very curious... Kind of like a mini version of Mythbusters.

03threefiftyz 09-02-2009 02:05 PM

Get the numbers in SAE...........not STD. Good luck.

brady 09-02-2009 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by his&her350z (Post 7703648)
um mustang dynos read lower numbers and dynopacks read higher numbers the closest u can get to your real whp is a dynojet but they can be wrong to i just bought a 09 cls63 amg they say on dynojet it should be around 410 to 420 rwhp but it was more like 403wrhp . its albout the condtions like for me it was to hot temp was 93 degrees

Nice car man!

brady 09-03-2009 01:13 PM

Well the results are in... a Dynojet does read lower, by a whopping 1.07 whp... hahahaha The dyno operator said if the car was running cooler it would have put out 1 extra hp easy.

So I am putting down 301 on a Dynopack and 299.93 on a Dynojet.

What a waste of money but at least it puts to rest the myth that there is a substantial difference between the two.

Next time I read that a Dynojet is different then a Dynopack I'm just going to pop.

THERE IS NO REAL DIFFERENCE! Get over it already.

03threefiftyz 09-03-2009 01:30 PM

I thought your tune was on a dynapack? I have always found dynapacks and dynojet (STD) too be similar. I made 20.3whp less on a dynodynamics than a dynojet (SAE) on the same day. Good comparison.