MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   VQ35HR (https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr-479/)
-   -   PCV thread size? (https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/605757-pcv-thread-size.html)

Olympian 08-07-2015 10:21 AM

PCV thread size?

Working on installing a catch can, last step is to unscrew the PCV and replace it with a fitting that will allow me to attach my dot 10 line.

Does anyone know the size of the PCV thread.

Thanks

yosip1115 08-07-2015 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Olympian (Post 10634113)
Working on installing a catch can, last step is to unscrew the PCV and replace it with a fitting that will allow me to attach my dot 10 line.

Does anyone know the size of the PCV thread.

Thanks

I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm working on my engine.

ocdz 08-07-2015 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by yosip1115 (Post 10634137)
I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm working on my engine.

^no, you won't. Measuring won't help because it is not a standard size thread, not SAE, not metric, and not BSP nor JIS. I tried to figure this out for weeks. Looked at every thread size/pitch conceivable... there is no off the shelf adapter except for the Project import one which i finally broke down and bought, just because i like things that fit and not hack jobs.

Others have just ran a close sized fitting in and let it cross-thread itself since it is just a plastic valve cover.

Good luck.

yosip1115 08-07-2015 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by ocdz (Post 10634218)
^no, you won't. Measuring won't help because it is not a standard size thread, not SAE, not metric, and not BSP nor JIS. I tried to figure this out for weeks. Looked at every thread size/pitch conceivable... there is no off the shelf adapter except for the Project import one which i finally broke down and bought, just because i like things that fit and not hack jobs.

Others have just ran a close sized fitting in and let it cross-thread itself since it is just a plastic valve cover.

Good luck.

You're right I won't. I'm a mechanical engineer and design sensors for major corporations like VW, Ford, Scania, etc. But you're a condescending prick.

ocdz 08-07-2015 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by yosip1115 (Post 10634233)
You're right I won't. I'm a mechanical engineer and design sensors for major corporations like VW, Ford, Scania, etc. But you're a condescending prick.

Oh you're an engineer? Well that totally changes things, you'll probably refer to some text book you read in school... and you definitely won't be able to figure it out what thread it is. Never met a single person in your profession who didn't think they were the smartest person alive. Typical engineer though, doesn't take advice when it's given to you, even when you're wrong.

Maybe just stick to drawing things in cad... But hey maybe you'll prove to be that one in a million engineer who actually knows the difference between his a$$ and a PCV fitting ;)

yosip1115 08-08-2015 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by ocdz (Post 10634359)
Oh you're an engineer? Well that totally changes things, you'll probably refer to some text book you read in school... and you definitely won't be able to figure it out what thread it is. Never met a single person in your profession who didn't think they were the smartest person alive. Typical engineer though, doesn't take advice when it's given to you, even when you're wrong.

Maybe just stick to drawing things in cad... But hey maybe you'll prove to be that one in a million engineer who actually knows the difference between his a$$ and a PCV fitting ;)

Might as well get to know each other. What do you do for work?

I also have experience being an engineer tech, if you know what that is.

Check out my build thread on G driver, **** on it if you want. But most likely you will realize you shouldn't have doubted me.

I'm astonished you went off like that, and you don't even know me. I offered help, idiot. Gfys and flip burgers.

Cux350z 08-08-2015 07:15 AM

thought it was a M10 thread....

http://projectimport.com/store/vq35d...-8-an-fitting/

hulkout 08-09-2015 04:22 PM

I'm just a simple milkman, but I believe when I was looking for fittings I decided it's a 16mmx1.0.

Cux350z 08-09-2015 05:14 PM

16mm is nearly 3/4 an inch...way too large.

ocdz 08-12-2015 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by yosip1115 (Post 10634407)
Might as well get to know each other. What do you do for work?

I also have experience being an engineer tech, if you know what that is.

Check out my build thread on G driver, **** on it if you want. But most likely you will realize you shouldn't have doubted me.

I'm astonished you went off like that, and you don't even know me. I offered help, idiot. Gfys and flip burgers.

I'm a building manager for a large sports stadium... and I do know what an engineering tech is. I have to work with engineers ALL the time, and typically they're clueless about how things work in the real world.

Your build doesn't really "prove" anything other than you can read an assembly manual. However, it is pretty clean so props on that.

It's been several days and you still never came back with a measurement though...

yosip1115 08-12-2015 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ocdz (Post 10636462)
I'm a building manager for a large sports stadium... and I do know what an engineering tech is. I have to work with engineers ALL the time, and typically they're clueless about how things work in the real world.

Your build doesn't really "prove" anything other than you can read an assembly manual. However, it is pretty clean so props on that.

It's been several days and you still never came back with a measurement though...

Thanks for the compliment but yeah I already said I wasn't going to waste time helping you. You're on your own.

wisniaPl 08-13-2015 06:33 AM

Im no engineer but here you are...

8 x M16-1.0

might send me one of those
You welcome