Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

PCV thread size?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Olympian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV thread size?

Working on installing a catch can, last step is to unscrew the PCV and replace it with a fitting that will allow me to attach my dot 10 line.

Does anyone know the size of the PCV thread.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2015, 11:10 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Olympian
Working on installing a catch can, last step is to unscrew the PCV and replace it with a fitting that will allow me to attach my dot 10 line.

Does anyone know the size of the PCV thread.

Thanks
I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm working on my engine.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:09 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yosip1115
I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm working on my engine.
^no, you won't. Measuring won't help because it is not a standard size thread, not SAE, not metric, and not BSP nor JIS. I tried to figure this out for weeks. Looked at every thread size/pitch conceivable... there is no off the shelf adapter except for the Project import one which i finally broke down and bought, just because i like things that fit and not hack jobs.

Others have just ran a close sized fitting in and let it cross-thread itself since it is just a plastic valve cover.

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM
yosip1115

Originally Posted by ocdz
^no, you won't. Measuring won't help because it is not a standard size thread, not SAE, not metric, and not BSP nor JIS. I tried to figure this out for weeks. Looked at every thread size/pitch conceivable... there is no off the shelf adapter except for the Project import one which i finally broke down and bought, just because i like things that fit and not hack jobs.

Others have just ran a close sized fitting in and let it cross-thread itself since it is just a plastic valve cover.

Good luck.

You're right I won't. I'm a mechanical engineer and design sensors for major corporations like VW, Ford, Scania, etc. But you're a condescending *****.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:50 PM
ocdz

You're right I won't. I'm a mechanical engineer and design sensors for major corporations like VW, Ford, Scania, etc. But you're a condescending *****.
Oh you're an engineer? Well that totally changes things, you'll probably refer to some text book you read in school... and you definitely won't be able to figure it out what thread it is. Never met a single person in your profession who didn't think they were the smartest person alive. Typical engineer though, doesn't take advice when it's given to you, even when you're wrong.

Maybe just stick to drawing things in cad... But hey maybe you'll prove to be that one in a million engineer who actually knows the difference between his a$$ and a PCV fitting
Old 08-08-2015, 04:12 AM
yosip1115

Oh you're an engineer? Well that totally changes things, you'll probably refer to some text book you read in school... and you definitely won't be able to figure it out what thread it is. Never met a single person in your profession who didn't think they were the smartest person alive. Typical engineer though, doesn't take advice when it's given to you, even when you're wrong.

Maybe just stick to drawing things in cad... But hey maybe you'll prove to be that one in a million engineer who actually knows the difference between his a$$ and a PCV fitting

Might as well get to know each other. What do you do for work?

I also have experience being an engineer tech, if you know what that is.

Check out my build thread on G driver, **** on it if you want. But most likely you will realize you shouldn't have doubted me.

I'm astonished you went off like that, and you don't even know me. I offered help, idiot. Gfys and flip burgers.

Last edited by yosip1115; 08-08-2015 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:15 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

thought it was a M10 thread....

http://projectimport.com/store/vq35d...-8-an-fitting/
The following users liked this post:
taywan (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 04:22 PM
hulkout

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm just a simple milkman, but I believe when I was looking for fittings I decided it's a 16mmx1.0.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

16mm is nearly 3/4 an inch...way too large.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:23 AM
ocdz

Might as well get to know each other. What do you do for work?

I also have experience being an engineer tech, if you know what that is.

Check out my build thread on G driver, **** on it if you want. But most likely you will realize you shouldn't have doubted me.

I'm astonished you went off like that, and you don't even know me. I offered help, idiot. Gfys and flip burgers.
I'm a building manager for a large sports stadium... and I do know what an engineering tech is. I have to work with engineers ALL the time, and typically they're clueless about how things work in the real world.

Your build doesn't really "prove" anything other than you can read an assembly manual. However, it is pretty clean so props on that.

It's been several days and you still never came back with a measurement though...
Old 08-12-2015, 09:40 AM
yosip1115

I'm a building manager for a large sports stadium... and I do know what an engineering tech is. I have to work with engineers ALL the time, and typically they're clueless about how things work in the real world.

Your build doesn't really "prove" anything other than you can read an assembly manual. However, it is pretty clean so props on that.

It's been several days and you still never came back with a measurement though...
Thanks for the compliment but yeah I already said I wasn't going to waste time helping you. You're on your own.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:33 AM
wisniaPl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im no engineer but here you are...

8 x M16-1.0

might send me one of those
You welcome
The following users liked this post:
Casper1 (09-10-2022)