Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

In this thread I will tell you why I'm gonna buy Rota p45s instead of Nismo wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Metal Heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In this thread I will tell you why I'm gonna buy Rota p45s instead of Nismo wheels...

#1- Cost - Pure and simple... 4 wheels in the rota setup will cost less than 2 nismo wheels on list price. My buddy actually owns a Z and works in the parts dept of the local Nissan dealer, he offered to give me his employee deal, and it's still significantly cheaper to go Rota. I'm a college student and while I like Nismo wheels, I'd rather have the cash for that GReddy Twin Kit.
#2- Quality - I've owned not one, but two sets of Rota wheels on 2 different cars. I thoroughly enjoyed them. And also I live in a city where potholes are rampant. Rotas never bent, even over bumps that I was SURE they would. So I don't wanna hear anyone **** and whine about quality or that the wheels suck or anything else. Rota wheels hold up to my abuse, which is to say, a LOT of abuse.
#3- Style - I like that the Rotas offer the red stripe on the lip of the black wheels. For two reasons... 1- Being a sportbike guy, I liek black wheels with a red stripe. It looks trick and race insprired. 2 - I have a red track Z and the black with red stripe will set off the car AND the Brembos behind the wheels.

Now go ahead and b!tch about how "I'd never buy those horrible wheels, I'd rather get the real thing" even tho you've never owned a set, and it's really that you're just a label ***** . I have owned 2 sets, they're good quality wheels, at a very good price.
And no I don't work for Rota or anything... I just searched and saw that people are giving these wheel a bunch of static when they haven't owned em at all and there's just no reason for that.

/rant
Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 PM
onebadfyvo

Your money......your car......your style. I tip my hat to ya. I own a set of Rota's on another car and I love 'em.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for letting us know why YOU are gonna buy Rota wheels. I did a search for " why Metal Head won't buy nismos " and nothing came up.......Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Metal Heart

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Thanks for letting us know why YOU are gonna buy Rota wheels. I did a search for " why Metal Head won't buy nismos " and nothing came up.......Thanks
Yeah, it wouldn't... all the searches I did on Rota wheels had a bunch of label ****** complaining about em.
Hence this post

Last edited by Metal Heart; 05-01-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow I'm not sure what prompted this rant, but I can see where it came from on these forums.

The thing you have to realize is that a good 30-40% of the people on any forum are going to heckle you for just about anything. It's just online anonymity. I try to never say anything online that I wouldn't tell someone to their face.

Just buy whatever wheels you like, and DON'T DEFEND YOURSELF. You shouldn't need to.

P.S. I happen to think the Rotas are rather nice. So are the Nismos. All I can say is, the only thing that would be "rice" or "weaksauce" would be putting nismo stickers on the Rotas to make them look authentic.

If you are satisfied with the quality of the rotas after a few months of driving, that is great. If not, maybe next time you will consider authentic. Neither answer is correct... it's all about figuring out **** for yourself.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Metal Heart

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Wow I'm not sure what prompted this rant, but I can see where it came from on these forums.

The thing you have to realize is that a good 30-40% of the people on any forum are going to heckle you for just about anything. It's just online anonymity. I try to never say anything online that I wouldn't tell someone to their face.

Just buy whatever wheels you like, and DON'T DEFEND YOURSELF. You shouldn't need to.

P.S. I happen to think the Rotas are rather nice. So are the Nismos. All I can say is, the only thing that would be "rice" or "weaksauce" would be putting nismo stickers on the Rotas to make them look authentic.

If you are satisfied with the quality of the rotas after a few months of driving, that is great. If not, maybe next time you will consider authentic. Neither answer is correct... it's all about figuring out **** for yourself.

Truth indeed. That's the response I'd expect from you dude, very intelligent, as most of your posts tend to be I just wanted to stir things up a bit. I'm not really trying to be defensive (although hindsight is 20/20 and I see how it comes off that way), I was actually trying to be a little offensive. I just don't agree with the negative stigma attached with these wheels here. I wouldn't put nismo caps on em. No point to that.

That being said "I can see where it came from on these forums" is exactly the idea I was trying to convey. The post that sparked me earlier tonite was bigbri's comment "I'd never run rotas!". While I've talked to him at great length about his turbo setup on the stock block, and I like him and his car a LOT, It seems to me people are kinda label ****** here. And while it's healthy to like your car... some people seem to give off the vibe that they're driving a Ferrari, and Rotas would be blasphemy or something. It's a NISSAN.

I just wanted to enlighten people by starting a fire haha.
That's all.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for someone worried about "label ******" and what they think, you sure throw a lot of lables around yourself.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=Metal Heart]And while it's healthy to like your car... some people seem to give off the vibe that they're driving a Ferrari, and Rotas would be blasphemy or something. It's a NISSAN.

[QUOTE]

Excellent point.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Hybrid90

Well although the Rota's look almost exactly like the Nismos, maybe some people went the Nismo way is because the Nismo's are lighter in a sense. For me I rather go with the Rota's cuz of the nice color scheme... and plus I'm poor
Old 05-02-2006, 09:02 AM
JPsZ

I've owned 3 different sets of rotas for my hondas and 80% of the honda enthusiast have had some experience with them, whether it be owning a set or knowing a close friend with a set. All of them will tell you that these wheels are exceptionally great. Low price, and great build, and lightweight. Never have I seen any crack, bend etc, while being used on highly modified hondas on the street, track, or dragging.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:18 AM
zman1910

In all honesty most people on this forum are label conscious like they own an italian exotic. I find it funny more than anything else. I have no problems spending money on things but if I find something that is very well made and looks identical...I see no reason to let it pass. That being said I would also choose the Rotas over the Nismos unless you are really concerned over the 1-2 lbs you'll gain...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
LiLxDooD

you seem pretty intent on getting those rotas. i dont see the point for the thread. and you said you just wanted to stir things up. but then also sayin that you dont want people to say that rotas are crap.well..uhh i think if you wanted to stir things up, you are probably gonna get some negative comments. Either way, i had rotas on my integra. Agreed they are nice. but im not sure if they even make rotas in the size and width, offset that would look good on a Z
Old 05-02-2006, 09:53 AM
dan avoN7

Originally Posted by LiLxDooD
but im not sure if they even make rotas in the size and width, offset that would look good on a Z
they sure do, p45 is just for the 350z. subydude posted these pics

flat black w/ red lip
Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Metal Heart

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
flat black w/ red lip

Wow definitely didn't see that second pic before. Looks VERY nice!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM
03performz

Where are you purchasing the Rota's and how much?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:36 AM
one350zfan

I spent $1900 on some Racing Harts(wholesale) and love them, don't get me wrong! But my buddy is going to buy some cheap wheels so I pointed him to Rota's and am kind of jealous! Yeah, his wheels aren't as nice or as wide but he'll get into a set of bronze p45r's with tires and spend $xxx's less than I did just for the rims. And the kicker, both cars will look tight. If they had a bigger selection I'd probably sell mine and push the difference into a turbo kit. Some would call me a sticker ***** but I still dig the Rotas!
Attached Thumbnails In this thread I will tell you why I'm gonna buy Rota p45s instead of Nismo wheels...-lots-20of-20pics-20068-20-28small-29.jpg   In this thread I will tell you why I'm gonna buy Rota p45s instead of Nismo wheels...-2257386_5_full.jpg   In this thread I will tell you why I'm gonna buy Rota p45s instead of Nismo wheels...-2257386_1_full.jpg  
Old 05-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Ichigo

Originally Posted by Metal Heart
#1- Cost - Pure and simple... 4 wheels in the rota setup will cost less than 2 nismo wheels on list price. My buddy actually owns a Z and works in the parts dept of the local Nissan dealer, he offered to give me his employee deal, and it's still significantly cheaper to go Rota. I'm a college student and while I like Nismo wheels, I'd rather have the cash for that GReddy Twin Kit.
#2- Quality - I've owned not one, but two sets of Rota wheels on 2 different cars. I thoroughly enjoyed them. And also I live in a city where potholes are rampant. Rotas never bent, even over bumps that I was SURE they would. So I don't wanna hear anyone **** and whine about quality or that the wheels suck or anything else. Rota wheels hold up to my abuse, which is to say, a LOT of abuse.
#3- Style - I like that the Rotas offer the red stripe on the lip of the black wheels. For two reasons... 1- Being a sportbike guy, I liek black wheels with a red stripe. It looks trick and race insprired. 2 - I have a red track Z and the black with red stripe will set off the car AND the Brembos behind the wheels.

Now go ahead and b!tch about how "I'd never buy those horrible wheels, I'd rather get the real thing" even tho you've never owned a set, and it's really that you're just a label ***** . I have owned 2 sets, they're good quality wheels, at a very good price.
And no I don't work for Rota or anything... I just searched and saw that people are giving these wheel a bunch of static when they haven't owned em at all and there's just no reason for that.

/rant
Go for it, its better to spend your cash the way you want to. But then again, we all laughed at the kids who wore fake AirJordans back in the day....Or were YOU the kid wearing the City Wings?:

Mom wouldnt buy me Air Jordans either...sniffle..
Old 05-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The price for nismos is due to the mfg process.

you shouldnt compare Cast vs Forged.

Nismo LMGT4s vs Volk TE37s.. ok. you got a point. both are forged, light weight, and come in similar size and widths.

the Rota Red circle does look sick. have fun.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 PM
bimma78

Hey I think you should get them. I think P45r's are hot. I'm thinking about getting them.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
LATEZ

like what you buy ..buy what you like
as long as your not ofended if I wear this shirt
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: In this thread I will tell you why I'm gonna buy Rota p45s instead of Nismo wheels...