MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/)
-   -   Why do so many people have Toyo TR1s? (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/294421-why-do-so-many-people-have-toyo-tr1s.html)

Chebosto 08-27-2007 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Yokohamaz
I was at a Japanese tire store pricing a set of Volks yesterday. He gave me a quote of around $3500 for Volk GTF's with tires, balanced, caps etc. I asked him what kind of tires. He said Michelin. I asked if they had Toyo's. He gave me a sour ass face and asked me if I was fkn crazy. "Those tires suck and we don't even carry them."

Go figure.

?? why dont u buy advans??

VENOMSZ 08-27-2007 06:50 PM

Brand names are like politics.
Everybody has their own allegiance.
Buy what you like, want, or need.
Don't go by other people's opinions.

RudeG_v2.0 08-27-2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
Brand names are like politics.
Everybody has their own allegiance.
Buy what you like, want, or need.
Don't go by other people's opinions.

:confused: Then why are you on a car forum??? This is a place for opinions, advice, and feedback.

I agree that some guys are partial to their favorite brand and that opinions are often biased. You just need to take some comments with a grain of salt and try to research through the BS. However, some people's opinions/feedback can be valuable too. If you aren't willing to listen to others and get advice, how can you truly be an informed consumer?

Yokohamaz 08-27-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
wow thats a steal! $3500 for volks with tires! But then again I don't know what kind of Michelin they're giving you...I don't even know anyone running high end aftermarket wheels with that brand....maybe the guy was just trying to reel you in to make a sale because they make made michelin tires that no one wants :D :eek: :p

Not the way things work in Japan. These are high-end. Basically, they won't even bother with a tire if it doesn't meet their expectations. I was kind of surprised that they had such a low opinion of Toyo.

As for the $3500 price... uh dude.... the rims are made down the street. Should they be $5k? Hello?

Yz

gsazabi 08-27-2007 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Yokohamaz
Not the way things work in Japan. These are high-end. Basically, they won't even bother with a tire if it doesn't meet their expectations. I was kind of surprised that they had such a low opinion of Toyo.

As for the $3500 price... uh dude.... the rims are made down the street. Should they be $5k? Hello?

Yz

lol just noticed you're in Japan

Devil Z 09-03-2007 03:10 PM

My friend Shea had T1R's before I think on his previous Z. He hated those tires and now has BFG KDW2's and loves those on his 400whp Vette.

boma 09-03-2007 04:56 PM

I've put over 35k miles on my Front Toyo T1R's. They still have some life left even though I just took them road racing the other day!

DIGItonium 09-03-2007 05:56 PM

One of the biggest reasons why I bought Toyo Tires was because of the various sizes I could get them in. The price wasn't that bad either.

My first set were 245/35r19 & 275/35r19 T1-S. The tires were good, but the sidewall was too soft. I had problems making turns and the car would wobble. The tire feathering issue destroyed my tires in about a year. The inner side wall started to crack, so I had to get a new set.

A year ago (wow, already?) I bought the T1-Rs. This time I moved up to 255/35r19 and 285/35r19 to reduce the stretch. These tires are so much better than the T1-S. The grip is very nice, and these tires are very quiet compared to my old set.

Overall, not the best tires out there, but not the worst either.

mlam002 09-03-2007 08:27 PM

Just picked up a set of Toyo T1R for my Volks

255/35/19 , 285/35/19

So far.. no complaints.. I feel they are a step above my previous tires, Yokohama AVS Sports .. great traction,love the thread pattern, plus I got them for a great price.

For the price/value/performance..I have zero regrets.

SpeedRcr 09-04-2007 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by engiNERD350Z
This has been bugging me for the longest time. Every new wheel thread I see, the owner has Toyo TR1s on them. Are they that great or are they cheaper or do they last longer? I priced them and they didn't seem that much cheaper than any other major brands. Right now I have Goodyear Eagle F1's which I love, but they're wearing out. Thanks.

not much truth to your name huh, do some research.

push 09-04-2007 04:53 AM

I've had and hated the t1-rs and couldn't wait to get rid of them. I thought the t1-rs would have a stiffer sidewall than the t1-s but they still had the same toyo soft sidewall. I actually liked my t1-s better than the t1-rs. I have bfg kdw II's right now and will be buying them again when it comes time to replace them. I will say though if you want a day to day tire, t1-rs are good for that, they are cheaper and ride pretty well. I just hate them when it comes to turning fast on them.

Tolchock 09-04-2007 07:24 PM

They’re cheap, good quality and are probably the best looking tires out there.

MyV6IsFast3r 09-04-2007 08:24 PM

So I finally drove on the T1R's on my roommates G this weekend and I must say SUCK, the suck of all suck. 1st corner I took about the same speed I would take in my Z on bald ass Kuhmo MX tires and about flew off the road, they made a horrible screeching noise and slid all over the place. My bald Kuhmo MX's stick 100X better than these.

I will never buy them. Ever.

BabyZiLLa 09-04-2007 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
So I finally drove on the T1R's on my roommates G this weekend and I must say SUCK, the suck of all suck. 1st corner I took about the same speed I would take in my Z on bald ass Kuhmo MX tires and about flew off the road, they made a horrible screeching noise and slid all over the place. My bald Kuhmo MX's stick 100X better than these.

I will never buy them. Ever.

I squeal making a u-turn at normal speeds..

Devil Z 09-04-2007 08:36 PM

Buy yourself some real tires like the BFG KDW2's or those damned expensive Pilots.

RudeG_v2.0 09-04-2007 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Buy yourself some real tires like the BFG KDW2's or those damned expensive Pilots.

...or Yokohama Advans or Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions.:p

SpeedRcr 09-05-2007 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
...or Yokohama Advans or Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions.:p

i've ran 2 sets of kdw's they get loud after 10k miles

Devil Z 09-05-2007 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
i've ran 2 sets of kdw's they get loud after 10k miles

I love road noise. :icon39: