Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

EVO = Econobox 4 Door With Overstated Wings, Spoilers & Scoops

STI = Same Shiite, Different Company

350Z Coupe = S-P-O-R-T-S C-A-R
Old 07-11-2006, 05:28 PM
NewJerZ

I saw a Evo yesterday in a "Daytona Blue" like color with the offensive, gigantic rear spoiler....IMO, Evo is a car for the kiddie racers, not for people who want a stylish, clean looking sportscar.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
synth19

I dont like the fact that it's a 5 speed and can't stand the feel of the stick and how it shifts..... I prefer the Z, but the evo is solid.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by synth19
I dont like the fact that it's a 5 speed and can't stand the feel of the stick and how it shifts..... I prefer the Z, but the evo is solid.
Evo MR's are 6spd but the Z shift's feel better. To the OP, if you feel that you need to beat CRX's and SRT-4's then get an Evo. I don't understand why you can't beat them in a Z though. The Z is no slouch I can tell you that. Mod a Z with bolt-ons and see what will happen. Evo's and Sti's are only good in the low-mid range because of the turbo. However when it comes to top-end power they fall off where as the Zwakes up above 4500k. If you are looking for a family car, then I wouldn't suggest an Evo beacuase they are not safe. But like everyone said, if you want a sportscar get a Z, if you want a riced out 4 door economy car, get an Evo or Sti.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can look past the wing, the EVO is a very good performer. I've seen it run at some auto-x's and it can certainly handle, especially modded. Your going to get a lot of heavily-biased opinions on a Z board, the same you would get on an Evo board.

Go take a hard look at both, drive both, and make a decision for yourself.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
zdotcom

On one hand you have a SEXY looking Z, and on the other you have a soda cracker box. You choose and choose wisely.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 PM
fordslowcus

Lotsa good input guys thanks. Than 100 shot of nitrous sounds like a good idea. Im asking the same question over at the evo forum. When i get back to the states I will test drive both and let you guys know what happens.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Reyes_USN

if you plan on taking people with you (i.e. kids) get the evo. If not i'd test drive both cars and see which car fits you better
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 PM
ZRider07

I'd say get the Z. Haha it's so much nicer looking and probably lasts longer.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:21 AM
DJDaizzy

If you want to use the car to pick up girls, get the Z.
If you want to attack the race track, get the EVO.

I have both Z and STi, I like them both, but they serve a different purpose.

Don't listen to the fan boys, car enthusiasts should't talk **** about cars that they don't even own.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:33 AM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

wow...another evo or z thread....

get the Z. looks & feels better.

(used to have an 04 evo 8...now i have an 03 Z & an 06 ZR)
Old 07-12-2006, 07:33 AM
dkorr

I like the EVO, STi, and Z. Comes down to personal preference. Can't believe some people here are talking **** about the EVO/STi. I love my car but I also respect others.

get the 350Z if you want style and performance;
get the EVO if you want to keep up with Lamborghinis;
get the STi if you like that raw rumble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm2XO...rch=top%20gear
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 AM
EVOL 8

Coming from a guy with an evo, I like the car but overall, it could be better. I like both cars and really enjoy the power of my car. It's a tough decision. Go with what you feel.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 AM
smokedout350z

yeah...people are hating on the evo.....evo's are the **** in performance....but its your own preference...like everyone say...what do you want
Old 07-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Brick-Z

Originally Posted by fordslowcus
Hi i read up a bit on both cars and im still stuck between what i want to get. In one hand we have the 350z that is 100% pure sex apeal and then we have the EVo that is 100% raw 4wd power. The evos got plenty of space however im no family dad or anything. Does anybody here with the 350z miss having any space in your cars? I cant help but feel that evos are for soccer dads, however i dont want to be rollin down the street looking all pimp n stuff and not be able to hold my own against a fugly car like an srt4 or some rice bucket like a crx.
Having driven both cars, I still went with the less powerful 350Z. Asthetically, the car is much more appealing than the EVO. Powerwise, the Z has more than enough for you to enjoy a true sports car and hold your own against most cars on the street. As for size, you would be surprised how many 12 packs of beer and groceries you can fit in the hatch. Again, I like the Z.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

I think the replies on here will be a bit biased. They all have their pro's and con's.

I doubt any random person will ever tell you "wow your Evo looks really hot!"
Old 07-12-2006, 08:18 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Wow, some of you people are misguided as ****...
Originally Posted by doc10374
I can't believe we are all putting a 350Z in the same conversation as a.......what was that thing again????
Z all the way!!!!!!!!
Go drive off a cliff fanboy.
Originally Posted by PETERPIT
On one hand you have a SEXY looking Z, and on the other you have a soda cracker box. You choose and choose wisely.
Now that's a very informative post. You've prolly had your *** handed to you by an Evo. It's a shame, your sports car can't keep up with a 4-door family sedan...
Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
Evo MR's are 6spd but the Z shift's feel better. To the OP, if you feel that you need to beat CRX's and SRT-4's then get an Evo. I don't understand why you can't beat them in a Z though. The Z is no slouch I can tell you that. Mod a Z with bolt-ons and see what will happen. Evo's and Sti's are only good in the low-mid range because of the turbo. However when it comes to top-end power they fall off where as the Zwakes up above 4500k. If you are looking for a family car, then I wouldn't suggest an Evo beacuase they are not safe. But like everyone said, if you want a sportscar get a Z, if you want a riced out 4 door economy car, get an Evo or Sti.
Ha, that's funny... mod a Z with bolt-ons and see what happens. How much RWHP and RWTQ did all your mods get you? Not much, did it. The top-end on an Evo IX will suprise anyone with the "no top-end" attitude... hell, it suprised me the first time I opened it up. I bounced off my rev limiter MUCH faster than I ever did in my old Z... and that rev limiter (7606rpms, to be exact) puts me in the 160's...
Originally Posted by Blue_Streek
i have driven BOTH. now as for the Z, it has a more solid feel to it. the steering is alot heavier and power is a bit more responsive. as for the eveo, it rides a little soft steers on a dime, but has really bad turbo lag. you have to really rev the crap out of it before you even meet boost. stock for stock, the Z wins. as for modifications, inj, fuel pump, SAFC, boost controller and the EVO has 320AWHP. they love mods and are easier to tune.
Have you OWNED both? From what you posted, prolly not. The Evo's suspension is much stiffer, it just doesn't have that "bounce" on the highway. Rev the crap out of it my foot... it hits full boost under 3500rpms (it "meets" boost around 2500) and you can rev it out to 7606rpms. Stock for stock, Z does NOT win... I raced a bolt-on '06 when I was stock and he could NOT pull away from me... we stayed dead even up to the top of 4th gear. You also got the mods wrong... TBE, MBC, fuel pump and flash will get a IX between 330 and 350whp.

Now there's all the people in here *****ing about how the Evo looks... that's fine. The Z looks and sounds MUCH BETTER. But the Evo is far from rice. Every single thing on that car serves a purpose. I can pull up numerous pics of body-kitted and big-winged Z's and everyone here will cream themselves... but half of the kits and wings are USELESS (useless mods=rice). Oh, if you are getting the car to pick up girls, you're a jackass.

The interior of the Evo is not that bad... I bet 90% of you haven't even been in one. I know Z drivers that would KILL for my STOCK RECAROS and stock carbon fiber trim. Oh yeah, and my stock MOMO steering wheel.

The shifting in the Z is MUCH smoother than the Evo, but the Evo has more of a direct feel (not sure how to explain this...).

The Evo is much more fun to drive than the Z. Evo does exactly what you tell it to, when you tell it, without breaking a sweat. Now, don't get me wrong, RWD is fun as hell (you lose the powersliding with AWD). I loved sliding around corners with the Z.

Let me tell you why I traded my Z in for an Evo IX-
1. I can only take one car with me to Hawaii, so I need the extra room
2. I don't feel like dumping over $7500 to make my car fast
3. I plan on starting my family soon, so I need back seats
4. The 4G63 is bullet-proof
5. AWD
6. The brakes (the stock Brembos are EXCELLENT on the Evo, don't know about the ones on the Track Z's)
7. I got a hell of a factory warranty
8. It was brand new (had 2.9 miles on it)
9. The handling is incredible (but the turning radius does suck a little)
10. Felt better

OP, don't make your decision based on what some of these people are telling you... think about what you want out of your car. A few people hit it on the head... awesome looks, decent performance, sports-car, the Z fits the bill perfect. A decent looking (to some, I think it's hotness) AWD monster with 4 doors thats cheap to modify (or if you're broke, has an awesome factory warranty) get the Evo. Test drive them both. It'll help you make up your mind much easier... it's just a ***** to get Mitsu to let you take an Evo for a spin.

If anyone here is pissed about what I posted, good. I'm not biased towards the Evo (even though it may seem like it) but some of you are HEAVILY biased towards the Z just because you have one and it looks better. That's the wrong answer if you're a true car enthusiast. Grow the **** up and learn to appreciate other cars.

And yes, stock-for-stock the SRT 4 is a good challenge for the Z... SRT's can easily run a 13.9 stock... which is better than most Z drivers can post.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 07-12-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:29 AM
ANXIOUZ

You just have to test drive both. You'll know right away which one is for you.

As for the EVO haters...I love that car. I was next to a nice zippy white IX the other day and it sounded like pure sex. And I don't think a single person here would complain if you could spend $1k on a Z and be at 330whp. That's sick!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:31 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
And yes, stock-for-stock the SRT 4 is a good challenge for the Z... SRT's can easily run a 13.9 stock... which is better than most Z drivers can post.
sh!te I wouldn't under estimate a SRT-4 even if it is a glorified neon.

Curb weight: 2880 lb
Power: 215 WHP (2003 model), 230 WHP (2004-05 models).
Torque: 245 ft·lbf @3000 rpm (2003 model), 250 ft·lbf @2200 rpm (2004-05 models)
0-60 time: 5.3 seconds (Car & Driver)
1/4 mile time: 13.8-14.2 seconds (various magazine reviews)
1/4 mile speed: 98-102 mph (various magazine reviews)
Top Speed: 153 mph
Old 07-12-2006, 08:38 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

I love SRT 4's... they're bad *** little *****. The only things that suck are that it's wrong-wheel drive and it's born from a Neon.
Originally Posted by maximXL
You just have to test drive both. You'll know right away which one is for you.
Exactly.

Quick Reply: 350z or Lancer Evo?