Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free or cheap mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:57 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^+1

else, just use the money for repairs and maintenance expenses.
Whatever parts you need to replace, just upgrade them.
For example: your brakes are totally worn out after your track day, you buy a better set of track-friendly brake kits etc.

but if i were you and i really had an extra cash, i'd go for a set of bronze/gold/matte black te37's and a good set of lowering springs.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:02 AM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Townshed55
No it doesn't. I said in my next sentence that obviously experience helps. My point is that there can be a 40 year old driver who has been driving since they were 16 and are just horrible at it, regardless of experience. And that a safe and reasonable 16 year old, minus experience, could be a better driver than the horrible 40 year old. Based on your logic, all senior citizens would be the Mario Andrettis of our roadways and we know this isn't the case. Also, many people start racing cars before they can drive on the road, not all driving starts when you can get your learners permit from your state.

At 40 you have a much better chance of being a better driver than a teenager, but it is not a given. I know plenty of older drivers with plenty of years of experience who still can't drive safely.
Statistics come from facts. Statistically, you are 3-4 times likelier to be a worse driver. Also, the fact that your parent's gave you the car means that you'll be more careless with it than if you had saved up and purchased it yourself.

Also, if you're 16 years old and all you have is $100, stay away from modding. That's barely enough money to maintain the car. Then again you probably don't pay for insurance, taxes, tires, oil-changes, fluids, or gas for your parents' Z.

Last edited by JZurita; 12-27-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:13 AM
KenTuckyZ

Feeling the love.

Doing the happy dance.

Doin it, doin it.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
tanabe350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
Reminds me of a customer who bought there kid a 3 rotor twin turbo rx7. Kid blew the clutch not knowing how to drive it. Had me install a 3 puck racing clutch in which i informed his parents was not worth getting in his skill level. Car was so damn powerful it actually lifted the front wheels enough to have no steering after the install. 3 weeks later kid slams it into an 18 wheeler. DONE! lucky for him he survived. Im with Phantom Menace. I was lucky enough to get a car bought for me. I cherished it just because it was my only means of transportation. You have to teach your kids responsability then reward them after the fact with a nice car. Just throwing them a sick car from the get go is why the future looks grim.
lol im with you on that one i used to work at gotham racing when it was still open(thank you whoever robbed us of everything) and i have been under the hoods of quite a few 3 rotors. there pretty damn fast especially my old boss his has 1200 wheel. pointless if you ask me at that point traction is not gonna happen, but for a first car i think the z is ok not to much power but just enough to have fun in.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 PM
KenTuckyZ

300hp is tooo much car for a novice driver.
THink about how many cars most of us have been through to even begin to earn the respect of 300hp.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

You parents bought you a Z33 and you only have 100$? With that you are screwed, might as well just stick it in the shop until you get a job and move out so you can actually afford it.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Marcus93

Originally Posted by DiscoLiveOpera
You parents bought you a Z33 and you only have 100$? With that you are screwed, might as well just stick it in the shop until you get a job and move out so you can actually afford it.
Dude, I'm 15, in FL I can't even get a job until I turn 16.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcus93
Fowlman has a job for you.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Marcus93

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Fowlman has a job for you.
Huh?
Old 12-28-2008, 05:05 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

You should have asked your parents for a GTR.

An don't give me that about not being able to get a job.. go cut some yards or open a limonaid stand. What I did, heck there is a kid in front of my store now that is 15 and opened his own hot dog stand, makes at least 300 a week. He wants to get a Corvette, good for him.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Marcus93

You should have asked your parents for a GTR.

An don't give me that about not being able to get a job.. go cut some yards or open a limonaid stand. What I did, heck there is a kid in front of my store now that is 15 and opened his own hot dog stand, makes at least 300 a week. He wants to get a Corvette, good for him.
A car that's 60 or 70 thousand dollars, and brand new. This car is 5 years old and only 10 thousand...

And would you like to send me the money to start my own hotdog stand? Where would I start a lemonaid stand, that was just silly.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:21 PM
wyoz

A car that's 60 or 70 thousand dollars, and brand new. This car is 5 years old and only 10 thousand...

And would you like to send me the money to start my own hotdog stand? Where would I start a lemonaid stand, that was just silly.
Screw the hotdog and lemonaid stand - since your 15 and it sounds like your parents hook you up well, I suspect you have plenty-o-**** sitting around in your room which you can sell on EBay to make some exra cash!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

No, you are silly. Point is, he is working for something, you did not. An the rest, is pretty much what every one has said already.

It is ok though, if I pull up to another Z with a teenybopper driving, I will assume it is you.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Marcus93

Originally Posted by wyoz
Screw the hotdog and lemonaid stand - since your 15 and it sounds like your parents hook you up well, I suspect you have plenty-o-**** sitting around in your room which you can sell on EBay to make some exra cash!
I was seriously thinking about that. I have a shtiload of baseball cards I need to get rid of!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Marcus93

No, you are silly. Point is, he is working for something, you did not. An the rest, is pretty much what every one has said already.

It is ok though, if I pull up to another Z with a teenybopper driving, I will assume it is you.
Lets use some common sense here now, it's winter time so grass isn't growing, a hotdog stand would easily have a 1k plus startup cost, and a lemonaid stand is just ridiculous!

Why would I work to buy my own car when my parents were happy getting one for me? I still have to pay for gas, upkeep, and whatever mods I want. The way I look at it I am working to have something nice.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
wyoz

I was seriously thinking about that. I have a shtiload of baseball cards I need to get rid of!
It was meant as a joke - at 15 you probably do not get it the irony in the suggestion!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:32 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

Lets use some common sense here now, it's winter time so grass isn't growing, a hotdog stand would easily have a 1k plus startup cost, and a lemonaid stand is just ridiculous!

Why would I work to buy my own car when my parents were happy getting one for me? I still have to pay for gas, upkeep, and whatever mods I want. The way I look at it I am working to have something nice.
Common sense? I was more if anything poking fun at you, using examples that small children do to make some coins. You took that way to serious.

That must be nice, you know how much damage costs? Small things can run up to 800$, an how are you going to afford that? Zs are expensive cars to maintain, that is why usually older people have them, or people with well paying jobs. What will happen to you, is you will get some minor damage that your parents are going to have to bail you out from.

Like people said, 100$ is terrible, an having a pricey car for a first car is like throwing a money pit bomb on your chest and waiting for it to go off.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:33 PM
KPierson
Banned

Check out www.KPtechnologies.com

Lots of mods under $100 -

For example, the KPtechnologies NM20 Nissan Window Module - only $49.99 - allows you to raise the windows from the OEM remote. Something cheap AND useful!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Marcus93

Common sense? I was more if anything poking fun at you, using examples that small children do to make some coins. You took that way to serious.

That must be nice, you know how much damage costs? Small things can run up to 800$, an how are you going to afford that? Zs are expensive cars to maintain, that is why usually older people have them, or people with well paying jobs. What will happen to you, is you will get some minor damage that your parents are going to have to bail you out from.

Like people said, 100$ is terrible, an having a pricey car for a first car is like throwing a money pit bomb on your chest and waiting for it to go off.
By the time the car gets any real use other than just little rides with my mother or father, I'll have a job. If something breaks somehow before then I'm obviously going to have to give something up to get it fixed.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Marcus93

Originally Posted by wyoz
It was meant as a joke - at 15 you probably do not get it the irony in the suggestion!
Why is that a joke? I can see that as a feasible way to make some money, since I can't get a job for a few for more months.

Quick Reply: Free or cheap mods