2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW. Just WOW.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 08:27 PM
hobbins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my opinion, but don't trust anything a salesman says! Even if they are really really nice. Their job is to sell cars and to impress the customer, even at the expense of abusing a car.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:53 PM
ElvishasaZ

unless the car has like 100 miles on it...i seriously doubt evn 50 miles on it will spell abuse for any owner of it and any associated long term problems. These things are meant to be driven hard.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:28 PM
miZer

lol thats rather amusing to read.

when I go on a demo ride in a Z... I insist that the customer pushes the car somewhat. They need to know what they are buying. I tell my customers to drive the vehicle during the so called "break in period" the same way they plan on driving it in the future.

I drove my Z hard the day I took it off the lot... added a few mods and still trucking. No problems.. no lack of power. In all honestly i believe there isn't a breakin period for a Z. Just do an oil change at 1500 miles if you do drive it harder than normal... and another at 3000.

i totally disregarded the owners manual... but everything is more than perfect in my neck of the woods!

jeremy
Old 12-06-2003, 09:29 PM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

The lower the milage of the new car the better.

Originally posted by cwerdna
There's no way you can get one that reads 0. I was at the one of the Oppama plants (unfortunately, not the one where the Z was built, it was the other one next to it)
cwerdna,
I admit my jealousy of your visit, since I had wanted to visit Oppama as well. When I was visiting Japan, The Oppama Plant was "retooling" so they cancelled tours at the time.

As a side note to future Z visitors to Japan, the 350Z manufacturing is going to moved out of Oppama to Tochigi (where the G35 is being made).
Old 12-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Grommit

Wow, that boat is HUGE! I'd love to watch them drive all those cars onto that boat! Dang. That must take hours.

I also notice there are a lot more PPW's being built than I thought.

Got more pics?!?! If you do could you post more of them in the photo section? Thanks man!
Old 12-06-2003, 10:17 PM
cwerdna

Originally posted by HEUGE
cwerdna,
I admit my jealousy of your visit, since I had wanted to visit Oppama as well. When I was visiting Japan, The Oppama Plant was "retooling" so they cancelled tours at the time.

As a side note to future Z visitors to Japan, the 350Z manufacturing is going to moved out of Oppama to Tochigi (where the G35 is being made).
Darn on the first part! I kinda lucked out too since I speak no Japanese and they supposedly stopped doing English tours (they used to do them on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month) AND they were really booked up even for a Japanese language tour until Nov. 19th (I couldn't stay that long).

12 hours before flying to Japan, they emailed me saying they had a spot w/3 others from the US and it'd be in English! Funny thing is that they hired a translator (not a Nissan employee) from Tokyo to come and translate. The 4th attendee was a no show, we still know nothing about him. But, I suspect he was some VIP because there was no reason for Nissan to spend the $ to hire a translator to come from Tokyo for 3 tourists. The other 2 tourists didn't even own Nissans.

Yah, I know about the move.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:26 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the words of the great and all mighty powerful Eric Cartman.

"Follow your dreams, Beef Cake! Beef Cake!

Old 12-07-2003, 06:25 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you really mean DRIFT? Like out on the street in a turn?

In the booklet that salesman get on how to sell the Z (I have one BTW, a really cool novelty item) it says that he should take the prospective buyer to a deserted parking lot and do a "donut" with the VDC off and then have the customer try to do one with the VDC on. This is to demo how the VDC controls stuff like this.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic of the cars on the ship.
Attached Thumbnails WOW. Just WOW.-garageheaven-copy.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003, 07:35 AM
marhot

Originally posted by miZer

... In all honestly i believe there isn't a breakin period for a Z....
i totally disregarded the owners manual...
LOL I agree with you, those Nissan engineers who wrote the owners manual are idiots. What do they know!

FYI: My Z "right off the truck" had exactly 6 miles...

cwerdna, Man I am so jealous..
Old 12-07-2003, 08:14 AM
rouxeny

My Z came right off the truck with something like 7-11 miles. I can't remember the exact number.

The other Z that was on the same truck had something over 60.

I guess that was the one that got driven around.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:08 AM
DruDragzOn

My Z had 11 miles and was just off the truck a couple days before we came to get it.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:05 PM
TELCO119

[QUOTE]Originally posted by marhot
[B]LOL I agree with you, those Nissan engineers who wrote the owners manual are idiots. What do they know!

They aren't idiots........the general public are the idiots. If they told you to beat the ***** out of the car for break in, and you crashed (The general public doesn't know how to drive) You would OWN them. It's a little thing known as "Cover your a$$"
Old 12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
mgk65

When I picked up my brickyard, it had 7 miles.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:40 PM
cwerdna

Default more pics

I do have more pics of the wharf parking area w/Zs and some other cars. I've posted a mesasge in the feedback forum to see if someone will give me access to upload in the gallery.

If there's no reply, I'll put them up on imagestation so people can see unmodified pictures at full res (3 megapixels). Only snag w/that is you need to register for an account at imagestation to view them. Luckily it's free.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:47 AM
fairladyz33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you buy a Ferrari, you can have them delievered to your house with 0 km, and you will be the first one to start your car!!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:12 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by fairladyz33
if you buy a Ferrari, you can have them delievered to your house with 0 km, and you will be the first one to start your car!!
Doesn't Ferrari dyno test each engine?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:02 PM
srmd22

hell, I had 60 miles on mine when I drove it off the lot (about 5 of those were from my own test drive) Who cares?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:18 PM
350zWhite04

i think the peak white one is my fairlady~
Old 12-10-2003, 10:18 AM
marhot

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TELCO119
[B]
Originally posted by marhot
LOL I agree with you, those Nissan engineers who wrote the owners manual are idiots. What do they know!

They aren't idiots........the general public are the idiots. If they told you to beat the ***** out of the car for break in, and you crashed (The general public doesn't know how to drive) You would OWN them. It's a little thing known as "Cover your a$$"
Uh, that was sarcasm.

That was my sarcastic reply to miZer post:
I drove my Z hard the day I took it off the lot... added a few mods and still trucking. No problems.. no lack of power. In all honestly i believe there isn't a breakin period for a Z. Just do an oil change at 1500 miles if you do drive it harder than normal... and another at 3000.

i totally disregarded the owners manual... but everything is more than perfect in my neck of the woods!
The point is why ignore the advice of the people who built the car! As if you know more than the Nissan engineers.

Quick Reply: WOW. Just WOW.